Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drekthar
    replied
    DWC Grow #6 - A couple of horizontal view of the hydro scrog...
    Last edited by Drekthar; 12-04-2019, 12:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Drekthar
    commented on 's reply
    I have used a connected reservoir in the past but i prefer to remove the plant from the bucket, and put into a clean bucket each time with fresh nutes. I have a full set of extra buckets to mix in when water change comes so i swap the buckets and clean them each time. Its very easy to lift the bucket lid off and put it onto a new bucket.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Gjohnstone If you subscribe to this topic and have chosen to receive notifications thru email, you'll be notified. I don't want to get 5 million notifications from GWE so I just check in 15 or 20 times a day... :-}

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    I saw your photos earlier and they look terrific...but I have a question for you...would using a connected reservoir make it easier to change nutrients without having to remove buckets?

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Whew, strong stuff 😂

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I have those work great

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    You are here, this is it

• Gjohnstone
    replied
    How do I find this group? No link??? Am I missing something

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SCROG.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	349924

I got 6 of these to try to set up a SCROG in my hydro boxes. I had to clip off a significant portion of the legs, but we'll see how it works. The legs fit through the net pot holes and I tightened them in place with wire.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know

I'm such an idiot
    I use 6 inch net cups (on 5g pails), and I added 4 eyebolts to the net cups, so I would have some tie down points. I just needed to think taller

Thanks again, would love to follow the grow, see/hear about how it worked for you and any lessons learned.

• Drekthar
    replied
    I will put a horizontal pic up later when the lights come back on. I agree with Cloud and one of the other reasons that was driving my desire to use the scrog besides trying to increase yields was to support the branches as it is difficult as I am sure you know trying to support the buds so they don't fall over so it helps a lot in that regard as well. That said I was trying to run a proper scrog not just use it for support.
    Last edited by Drekthar; 11-16-2019, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Drekthar
    replied
    I more or less followed the Scrog kit shown in the attached pictures. I have the posts sitting in the top of the bucket lid, he bottom ring is secure and the top ring that the trellis sits on is on set screws and can move up and down on the posts if/when I need to raise or lower the screen. It actually worked pretty good. I just remove the whole bucket lid with everything; plant, lid, scrog etc place it on an empty bucket, change my water then place it back on the original bucket with the fresh water/nutes.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    Scrog for a tote, i understand, but Drekthar is in 5gallon pails

Drekthar? Would you post a horizontal pic, at bucket level?

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    I did a scrog on my last dwc grow and it worked out perfect. Plant is tall enough i can get a hose in tote and drain water. One great thing about a scrog in dwc is it provides good support for the branches and i didn't have to worry about buds falling over.

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    Is he screen, secured to the top of the netpot?

How big a deal, is res change? I thought about scrog and DWC, but couldn't figure out how I was going to do res changes, top ups, etc

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X