Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DingusKhan
    replied
    Hey bucket heads, here's a hack I made a couple years ago, I call it the "schnorkel": top feed without a submerged pump. I know, you don't really NEED top feed if your fluid level is high enough to keep the bubbles wetting your net cups, hydroton balls, and seedling plug. But I think it helps seedlings get started.

But more importantly, it's fun to say, fun and easy to build, improves grow efficiency by eliminating a pump motor, and makes something you're already doing (bubbles) perform an additional function. How growweedeasy is that?

From the bottom, take a 6 inch piece of 1/2 tubing, and slip it over the end of a 6 inch piece of 3/8 tubing BLACK tubing. Poke the top, skinny end up through your container's lid, sticking up just enough to attach an elbow (or a T if you want to feed 2 cups) and attach a long enough piece of 3/8 black tubing to point the trickle near the center of your net cup. I installed mine through the black lid from a Costco jar of nuts.

A 1/2 inch hole through the black plastic will form a tight enough seal around 3/8 black tubing to block out light. Can be used as a light tunnel for your clear air hose, keep the light out.

On the bottom end, either poke your air hose into the bottom end of the big tube, OR for a more secure connection, carefully cut a small hole in the side of the big tube about 2 inches from the bottom, just big enough for an air-hose elbow or other barbed connecter to poke through.

When the bottom of the big tube is down in the solution, and air is fed in, the bubbles will force the water in the tube up and out the top, feed your plant with richly oxygenated nutrient solution.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I don't do DWC but I just want to say you folks who do have my admiration. They are just lovely looking grows. Enjoy

• IslandColas
    replied
    Drekthar yes, I'll prune little bits here and there late into flower like that, but preferably you would want to make sure they've gotten their final thinning about 2 weeks if not 3 before chop.

Leave a comment:

• Drekthar
    commented on 's reply
    I live in Canada's Northwest Territories where power is quite high so i'm doing photo periods for that reason to reduce electricity use. I did autoflower first and second grow they work ok but as mentioned the reason I switched after I got more familiar with things.

• Sonnyhad
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice, I'm on my 3rd rdwc grow just starting . Trying auto flower , should be interesting. Hopefully not a waste of time

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    what a lovely SoB (sea of buds)

• Drekthar
    replied
    DWC Grow #6 - The rest of the pics as can only upload 15 at a time..Just thought i'd share. There not all perfect pics I was having a hard time keeping the camera still in my hand.

Leave a comment:

• Drekthar
    replied
    DWC Grow #6 - A few up close and personal with my little microscope........

Leave a comment:

• Drekthar
    replied
    DWC Grow #6 - A few update pictures taken today. The ladies are nearing the end. I plan to start flushing on Friday evening.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Lookin lush!!!

• Drekthar
    replied
    DWC Grow #7 - A couple of pics of the veg room. 3 Bruce Banger (1 of these is not doing so well), 1 Cheese and 4 Gorilla Glue #4 . These are waiting their turn now to go into the flower tent. There going to be some super-cropping and then lower the screen on these ladies.
    Last edited by Drekthar; 12-04-2019, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Drekthar
    commented on 's reply
    IslandColas do u think it too late to do a bit of "pruning"?

• Drekthar
    commented on 's reply
    24" inside so 3" spacing on the grid.

• IslandColas
    commented on 's reply
    I absolutely love this cycle. What size are your trellises?

• Drekthar
    replied
    DWC Grow #6 - Bit of an update last week of flower before I go to the ripen stage. All looking good so far.
    Last edited by Drekthar; 12-04-2019, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X