Amber alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amber alert

Hi all my wife just brought these home for me. Thought I'd share since I've never seen one before. Think these will do the trick for curing. Anyone ever try these jars?
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

that's great. Hope Ballmart has them
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Could probably put an order in for them at Wal-Mart online think I'm going to.

Where did your wife get them!?!

Oh, wait... I have a google machine

Best I could find on Amazon http://a.co/9CSicPM

Love it Chefbjy

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      @chiefbjy You mos def want to avoid exposure to light and heat. Buds are like vampires: they like cool dark places.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm I'm thinking that's why dispensary weed doesn't seem as potent as what they label 😆 improper storage.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      I put my jars in a large short plastic type Tupperware container and slide under bed

Those look great.

Comment

I've been seeing more and more Ball and Mason jars, all sizes and colors. Walmart used to just have them seasonally, but mine is carrying them full-time now. I've ever seen them at the Dollar General Store, but the prices are all about the same.
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      1- 60w cfl for germination
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
      Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
      Seeds:
      Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
      Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
      Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
      Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

Got 4 myself an BLUE ones too.work fine an people go as cool when they see them.

Comment

Yeah my thought was I won't have to leave my jars in the dark and can just store them anywhere. Idk preserving a lot of nugget so we'll see how they stand up to clear in about 8 weeks 😉.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't just store them "anywhere"; keep them in the coolest, stealthiest place!!!

The colors are nice,but not worth the price. If u store jars properly, allatup is right !😎

Comment

I have been keeping mine in my dresser. But after filling all 3 drawers and not being able to fit any clothes in there i got a file cabinet. It is a 4 drawer 5 foot tall regular width standard file cabinet. I Can lock it (although anyone could easily break in it) but you can fit alot of jars in it. It stays dark and doesnt take much space. Works great and they are really cheap.

Comment

I've been using the quart sized, blue, Ball jars (this is why punctuation is important) but saw these same amber jars today at Wallyworld but they only had them in 2 quart. Would 2 quart containers work as well for curing? Would I need an additional Humidi-pack?

Comment

• bluecanoe
                bluecanoe commented
                Editing a comment
                you know that Oxford comma can get you into or out of trouble depending on how you use it!!!

• gbauto
                gbauto commented
                Editing a comment
                I use the 1/2 gal jars for trim and buds that I use for edibles. The only issue I have using the big jars for dank bud, is that it always forms into a solid mass of bud.

gbauto
              Do you use the Boveda or other humidity packs?

Comment

• Campesino
                Campesino commented
                Editing a comment
                FWIW I do not like them and I think they are unnecessary. I recommend investing in hygrometers instead and using burping to lower RH and (if needed) adding moist parts of the plant (stems or leaves) to raise RH. Once it stabilizes in the low 60s, it stays there on its own in sealed jars. But quart sized jars, not half-gallon

I too have picked these up at wally world, but I have only seen them at one store.

Comment

• Buzzer777
                Buzzer777 commented
                Editing a comment
                I also got 2 of the Gallon Amber Ball Mason jars at a local Wally World. Needed a few gallon jars and they seemed like a great idea.
                I use Boveda 62's in my jars.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                I use Bovedas, in my jars too, they keep the humidity just right for smoking, never had any problems whatsoever with Bovedas.

My wife and I surch the second hand stores for wide mouth quart mason jars ( ball ) among outher things,so far I have 14. I replace the lids and seals and washed them well and now have 13 of them full of bud😁. We enjoy the hunt,and they cost next to zip. It may b easer to just go buy a case of new but not nearly as much fun lol

Comment

Yard sales and garage sales are where I have stocked up cases of wide mouth jars. Some really old ones too. 2nd hand stores sell them for top dollar around here .
                "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Potted
                  Potted commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Usually a buck or less,I won’t pay more around here

• Californiakid
                  Californiakid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Potted $5 for a whole case or even bigger box.
                  We're talking $.25-.50 a jar or less even. But we keep our eye out, usually not much, then someone will have a ton for cheap. My wife makes jelly and pickled things so we have been stocking up for awhile. Sounds like you have a good source too.

• bluecanoe
                  bluecanoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wish I had kept all the old Mason jars we left at our old house. The house was 90 years old and I didn't need the jars then....hindsight is 20/20!!

Lol we cann alot of vegetables so we used to buy them by the crate. Tomatoes, pickled okra, pickled zucchini, of course pickled cucumbers, then green and red salsa. So i buy them by the lot full.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X