Dangerous Animals vs Growing Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walked out the door in the morning and was greeted by this little fella
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      kingfish Yeah, know what you mean

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a bitch not to have any starch in your noodle. Ever try to push a string?

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      starramus Good old brewer`s droop

Try Carmelicious auto from msnl. It is in the top 3 in strength I've ever had.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard that ,its on my wishlist I have enough seeds for years of growing but I still have a well populated wish list ,

White Russian will take down any Bolshevik. This Bolshevik for sure.
    Last edited by starramus; 08-13-2018, 08:33 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

Not outdoors but in my garage. Certainly can be dangerous, little buggers can cause shorts in electrical wires, urine and faeces from rodents can cause health issues (especially in babies), and if the chickens see mice or rats they won't lay eggs. Not to mention if they take up residence and settle in...

A week ago my wife said she thought she saw a mouse in the garage so I got an electronic deterrent, but apparently too small for the garage. Because last night she saw it for sure. So I looked under the washer and a shelving unit and saw some sign.

So...in 5 minutes I made a trap with a bucket, tig rod, empty water bottle, and a grading stake for a ramp to the bait. Placed trap at 11. Checked at 630 and found results!

I tried to encourage it to find residence elsewhere but it insisted on setting up shop in my shop. So off with its head!
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow your chickens won't lay with them around? When mine find mice and rats it's like the rumble in the jungle. The chickens will kill each other over who gets to eat them.

However when I left town a few weeks back I took my dogs. I came home 5 days later to 20 less chickens. The raccoons got to them and went to town. My dogs have a dog door on the back and they love nothing more than protecting our animals.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah Redwasp, we have always raised chickens too, I have seen hens eat dead hens, roosters kill and eat hens, and hens eat dead roosters.
        That scratch feed ain't all chickens will eat, they will eat damn near anything, we have even seen chickens eat dead pigeons. They ain't the cleanest birds in the flock, that's for sure, but we eat the sh-t out of the yardbirds, at my house. Tastes like chicken to me.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Another synchronistic event much like Jung's scarab beetle. Strangely just yesterday I discovered a dead mouse in the chicken coop in their watering pan. This little mousey got a bigger drink than he intended, and now he's a star on the internet.

I saw this thing on facebook about putting a kiddie pool with 2 inches of water and a bunch of gold fish in the chicken yard pretty funny mine like mice to
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn the cat would love that. We blame Jack for the mysterious death of the Betta.

Figures I have some California chickens that are afraid of rats and mice. Oh well they're about ready for cooking anyway. Lol
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Originally posted by Californiakid View Post
        Not outdoors but in my garage. Certainly can be dangerous, little buggers can cause shorts in electrical wires, urine and faeces from rodents can cause health issues (especially in babies), and if the chickens see mice or rats they won't lay eggs. Not to mention if they take up residence and settle in...

A week ago my wife said she thought she saw a mouse in the garage so I got an electronic deterrent, but apparently too small for the garage. Because last night she saw it for sure. So I looked under the washer and a shelving unit and saw some sign.

So...in 5 minutes I made a trap with a bucket, tig rod, empty water bottle, and a grading stake for a ramp to the bait. Placed trap at 11. Checked at 630 and found results!

I tried to encourage it to find residence elsewhere but it insisted on setting up shop in my shop. So off with its head!
        This mousey got a bigger drink than he wanted in the chicken's watering pan in the coop. Just discovered it yesterday. The chickens don't eat the mice that are attracted because of all of the chicken feed, but they do love a wounded grasshopper. During last years grasshopper plague I would step on a hopper, and then toss it into the coop. The lucky one would grab it, and run like hell with the others in hot pursuit. Looked like a fricken basketball game. I wanted to take a video, and upload it to youtube, but never got around to it.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree thats the funnest thing and to boot theres always enough for all lol

I had a hell of a time locating the source of the dead rotting smell in my barn. I had to disassemble part of the wall to find a mouse electrocuted on top of the light switch. Whew what a stink! I have modified Victor mouse traps in there now. The original trigger mechanisms take too much pressure to set them off the mice eating the bait. I have solved this by giving the traps a hair trigger which can be set off with the slightest touch. These modified traps get them every time. Hey, "I've built a better mouse trap".

I have to take these measures because I store astronomical equipment in my barn. I have a $6000 premium Newtonian mirror that I don't want mice dancing (or shitting) on.

Probably need to change the subject of this thread to "Of Mice and Men".
        Last edited by starramus; 08-13-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I have always heard cops are the most dangerous animal.
          Not only are they known to destroy your crop even with any intense protection of crop. They are known to beat you to an inch of life, and are known to kill!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Under the right circumstances we are all Rodney King.

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            starramus,
            No not even close. You'll never hear of me leading police on a drunk high speed chase and resisting arrest or fighting with police.

Rodney king was a menace to society who was paid for his stupid illegal actions. An abusive alcoholic who blamed others for his own problems. I didn't know him personally but I worked with two cousins that did know him during the early 90s.

I don't think its fair to lump us farmers in with those that cause or attempt to cause others harm. Especially a guy who was abusive to women.
            Just sayin.

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            OK i'll admit Rodney was an alcoholic, and a druggie, but were those officers acting professionally in that gang bang beating they administered? Obviously hell no. Rodney was one of the first cases of police brutality recorded. How many have we seen since then what with the advent of cell phone videos. There is something very wrong in these police departments, and I will humbly take a knee.

Just as a note I want my police around. If I go to jail well fuck. They got me. I'm just gonna take my medicine. Got what I deserved. Do I agree with current laws? Hell no. But I want them out there fighting the good fight. I dont want to have to fight for the rest of my life just to keep my family safe. Been there and done that. Are there bad ones hell yes there are. But to lump them all together. Duck that. So we can agree to disagree. A lawless world where you have to hurt someone else to stay alive? No thanks. Never want to be back there.

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh and you have never been there maybe you should go and try it. Go somewhere were death is at every corner. And you lose your best friends and have to just keep on going and act like it's normal. You dont get a second to mourn. A second to reflect. No time to be human. Last I'm gonna say.

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            Dont get me wrong, police are needed! I figured people would take it more as a joke than all seriousness. I have been to a few locations your talking about, so i do understand! Lawlessness and violance is not the answer. But what is done for a plant isnt right either!

Redwasp I concur, former Black Watch R.H.R, Northern Ireland 1985 - 1990 - 1991 D.S.

Comment

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            Nemo me impune lacessit

Sorry if I go overboard. Another brother down this week. Seems it's not my year. I want back out there but cant. Dropping like flys and I know I could save them. Was my job and was good at it. Seems since I got knocked out of the fight they are going to fast. Hurts like hell. Was my job to make sure we all came home. And they arent

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
            NAKEDGARDENER commented
            Editing a comment
            No one can shoulder all that, I had to look after my boys 100% of the time (Colour Sergeant). Lost quite a few in N.I. Lost non in gulf one, but we have been doing since, especially during fallujah, Try to rest easy brother, no need to sleep with your boots on now

Californiakid INDEED NO ONE PROVOKES ME WITH IMPUNITY, thank you brother

Comment

My boots are always on. Never want to hurt another person in my life. But want mine back home. I'll die before I let another of mine go to the grave.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
              NAKEDGARDENER commented
              Editing a comment
              Rgr tht. Barrels hot.

Sorry not the right place or time.
            Crying as I type this. Im Supposed to be a baddass. I'm not. I'm broken.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
              NAKEDGARDENER commented
              Editing a comment
              You’re not alone, know where you’re at, just don’t have words, it’s been a long time for me dealing with my own issues, being british in USA ya get no recognition of what may be hurting you, a constant reminder of my service, or the only comment is “oh well thanks anyway”. 20 years now I want to leave it behind but here it’s a constant reminder of the evils that men do to each other,mothered is no good and bad, just me and the guys next to me , flashes, earth shaking all around you, fire all around you,men screaming and wailing in pain, people walking around with no arms blood mist in the air, burning metal, .... I salute you, but I too am broken, shattered and dissalusioned, who’s war was I fighting? Not mine

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              War is a Racket is a book by Maj. General, Smedley Darlington Butler, the most decorated Marine in history, denouncing the military industrial complex. This ...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X