No announcement yet.

Dangerous Animals vs Growing Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one has mentioned the most dangerous animal at harvest time. That being the one who walks erect, and wholeheartedly supports the second amendment. They would like to steal all of the hard work you have done over the growing season. I keep a small arsenal just in case a Beretta M9, a Winchester Defender, a 38 special, a Rugger 22 for target practice and an AR15. Fortunately I have never had to use any of these weapons. In fact that Defender is 25 years old, and has only been test fired one time. However I put my foot down, and refuse to own any thermonuclear weapons.
    Last edited by starramus; 06-17-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably not, but i am not going to let them shoot me. My DOD is merely for defense.

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Been known to shoot a bit myself. Leave it at that. My brother is a far better lomg range shot. Top of his class at boot camp.

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      I am big a fan of the Eugene Stoner rifle.

Right on, starramus.
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

Comment

D.A.A.S.69 To show what I mean about the lack of clout I can bring to this chat, here is an article out today on the BBC News page....it sums up our threat level nicely....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-44502725

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol but we hate our bugs here. Shit where i live we get Mosquitos in January now. When i go hiking i dont worry about snakes, bears, gators, etc, etc. What i go prepared for are the mosquitos, chiggars, and ticks.

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh and on the coast and in Georgia these stupid fucking biting flies that dont care about bug spray.

• BillBates
        BillBates commented
        Editing a comment
        Zoo-zoo flies

here are some more of my desert friends.

Comment

• Smokesteve
        Smokesteve commented
        Editing a comment
        Deserts and desserts are awesome.

Lol those pics reminded me about skunks. Dont forget the animal that keeps on giving long after its gone.

Comment

We worry less about animals and more about stray bullets and car jackers here
        "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
        5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
        600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
        Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
        400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
        ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
        13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't go fishing but would have been nice. I've been going stir crazy waiting to be released for work (getting dumber as well). Tomorrow is the day, but nothing to go back to at the moment
          Last edited by RosettaStoned; 06-18-2018, 11:16 PM.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          RosettaStoned what do you do for work?

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Union carpenter

Came across this and it just confirms that a lot of you are completely barmy I mean a snake eating spider ffs!

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes luckily bears rarely find bowling bowls. Lol

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp There`s someone flogging them to bears down a dark alley somewhere, gotta be.

I have a bear hide from a kodiak bear as a comforter in the rv , wife knows its there but it still scares her when she goes in ,I agree about those spiders holy sh t thems some big boys one landing on my head would really freak me out
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Nature pics,a few of my local friends, aside from the regulars, foxes,woodchucks,bobcats,mink, etc.ect, that come to visit....all within a couple hundred yards of the house. Have a pond which attracts plenty of critters and birds, ducks,geese,blue heron, occasional otter.
          "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the last one pretty funny

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            With OJH there. Man alive, that`s really something else.

Almost stepped on this one yesterday evening. Walked right by it once and had an oh sh t moment on the way back. good luck for me it was asleep.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            That kind will make you mess up your britches, in a heartbeat, and that ain't no sh-t.

haha I was think what kind of snake is red before I enlarged it and saw the rattler , that would definitely be a wtf moment
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• desertdan
            desertdan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, for sure I had just walked between it and the hose without seeing it. Saw it on my way back. It was a good day for them to be out and I had been looking foe them all day. By evening I was not being so careful and there it was. Don't let your guard down for a moment on a good day for snakes.

desertdan oldjarhead100 Are rattlers dangerous bite wise like fatal or just painful. Are they very common. Do they go indoors?
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

• BillBates
            BillBates commented
            Editing a comment
            Kingsnakes (or cornsnakes) are badass. We have one in the house, somewhere. I caught it about 8 or 10 years ago. Put it in an aquarium with a screened top, went to get 1/2 a brick to hold the top down & when I returned? Snake gone. So, for the last 8 - 10 years I've been finding little balls of mouse-bones & fur in the basement. Haven't seen the snake but I know he's still down there because I found his discarded winter clothes on the mud sill in March.
            Saw a video once of a kingsnake killing and eating an adult copperhead. .... badass

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Redwasp, You are right , Kingsnakes, are badass,We always had chickens growing up, and many times when I would go in the coop, to gather the eggs, and run my hands thru their nests, a Kingsnake, would be in the nest, that will scare you.
            But we don't harm Kingsnakes,
            Redwasp, yep, the snake is still in there.lol

• BillBates
            BillBates commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, they're egg-snatchers. Can't blame them for grabbing an easy meal though. Don't want to get in a fight every time you get hungry.

D.A.A.S.69 Saw this and thought a risk so far unappreciated maybe

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Have fought him multiple times. Still havent won 1 yet. Lol. He comes to where I am frequently. Would send pics but then you would know where I am. Lol

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Trained with his brother once but he is not easy on you. He is mean. He will hurt your ass.

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Can appreciate safety thoughts for sure. Do like martial arts

Me and Joyce removed all that could identify me
          Attached Files

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Redwasp Now that looks fun

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome fun if you have never tried it go for it.

The Gracie family is well established out here, and all that I have been in contact with are great people. Very dedicated and passionate to their discipline.
          When you see little kids with cauliflower ears ya know they aren't to be messed with lol.
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X