Stoopid Mackerel Grool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoopid Mackerel Grool!

Welp! Y'all tried to tell me! But I was hard headed. After all, what could a bunch of burnt out potheads know? So, with literally 0 funds & 4 plants in flower, I've got to figure out a way to feed my girls without using MGRO. I have begun an agressive flush on this one (Lemon Sumpn Sumpn) & will continue it (unless advised otherwise) until harvest in 1.5 weeks+/-.
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

If anything I'd try to find something with less Nitrogen and more P/K. Most flowering/fruit blends in the box stores have this. How old are the girls?
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Lemon Sumpn Sumpn, the most heavily impacted, is at week 7 of flower. Everyone else is 2 weeks behind her. Honestly, i figured that since the K number was the highest (6-6-7) I would be ok. I see now that "Don't use MG" means just that .... it DOES NOT mean "Don't use MG.... unless you think you can get away with it". The strange thing is that it worked so well .... until it didn't.
      If the sun always shone
      -- Confucius

Comment

Until I get a couple of nickels to rub together, which it ain't no telling when that'll be, everyone is getting plain water (with molasses every 3rd watering).
        If the sun always shone
        -- Confucius

Comment

My soil is acidic but my well water is 7.8 - 8.0.
          runoff hovers between 5.6 - 6.2. I'm a little confused as to whether that's bad or good but it's easiest & they seem to be doing so well. Runoff got real acidic about a month ago but little lime solved that. They're a litte acidic right now but, as I said, they SEEM to be very healthy. To me anyway.
          If the sun always shone
          -- Confucius

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes molasses, feeds the microbes in the soil, but the plant also uses the sugar, that's in the molasses, that's why all major nutrient companies, sell products with molasses in it. And trust me it works, regardless of the naysayers.
            We been using it forever, and Grandmas, is ok, but BrerRabbit has twice, the good stuff, like cal-mag, and more in it than the rest.
            And it does really need to be unsulfered to work best. I use 1-2tablespoons a gallon of water, every 2weeks.
            It will help tremendously on swelling up your buds the last 2weeks before harvest too.
            I use it the whole grow, even with seedlings.
            GoodLuck.

• BillBates
            BillBates commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey D.A.A.S.69... I'll look for BrerRabbit. I've been using it (grandma's) at 1 tbls./gal. every third watering which is every 8 - 10 days. Do you think this thing can rally in the next 2 weeks or so on plain water & molasses?

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to hear about BrerRabbit. I have been using Grandmas but read where you recommended BrerRabbit so got that this time. Started it last week.

**LSS Update**
          Maybe it's not as bad as I initially thought. Buds seem to be still filling out. Lower budlets still have white hairs. All leaves still seeking light. Nothing is drooping. Maybe this one'll finish up ok. I have learned my lesson, though.
          If the sun always shone
          -- Confucius

Comment

**LSS UPDATE**
            Still bulking up buds. Growth is definitely slowed but not arrested. New sugar leaves are actually turning up a little at the tips. Maybe I caught it in time. Any input (aside from something that'll make me feel like more of an idiot than I already do) is very welcome.
            If the sun always shone
            -- Confucius

Comment

Trichs are mostly cloudy. No amber yet.
              If the sun always shone
              -- Confucius

Comment

If almost all are cloudy you are getting close so should have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I hear your pain, Bill. My first grow is sitting in MG due to ignorance. My daughter started it on a whim from bag seed. She (the plant, not my daughter) is sitting in her tent downstairs just finishing up week 6 of blooming. Let’s hope my week 7 goes smooth. She sat in veg mode for over 4 months and I gave her a hard flush a couple of weeks ago. I’m hoping with that, along with watching the amount of nitrogen I give her and keeping my fingers crossed she makes it through. She’s looking good so far but I’m keeping my yield expectations low.

Good luck!
                  Grow #1 - 1 mystery bag seed girl, Miracle Gro soil 😠, 32x32x65 economy tent, 450 watt Viparspectra reflector series light, 4” fan and scrubber. Planted in late December. 7th week of blooming.

Grow #2 - 5 mystery bag seeds plants, 60/40 coco/perlite, 18x24x48 indoor greenhouse wrapped in black plastic, 300 watt Viparspectra LED. I’m learning...

Comment

BillBates ,sorry for taking so long, we been on a long country drive, burning doobs, and listening to good music, all evening, man we had some fun.
                    But that molasses, really does its trick, that last 2-3weeks, you can see them buds swell up more and more every day. As long as they still drinking, and swelling up, and you don't see any amber, I'd let them get bigger and bigger, they nice now, but they gonna get bigger and heavier.
                    Are the bottom leaves mostly all yellow? That's a nice plant.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

• BillBates
                      BillBates commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nothing is yellow yet. Except for the tip of every single clawed fan leaf. I think I'll be ok. It was a scare & I'm off of MG for good. Which is a good thing. The downside is that molasses & water are all ANY of thes plants are getting until i can afford to buy a suitable nutrient source. Unless you know a trick where I can get potassium & phosphorous into my soil with just stuff I have laying around the house.

• D.A.A.S.69
                      D.A.A.S.69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Make you up some teas out of some rich soil you got around the yard or house, put molasses in it.
                      Tell me where you live and I'll send you some SweetCandy an MegaCrop, if you do you might want to do a private message though
                      You can also use coffee, but I think it's got a little Nitrogen in it, use can use ashes from your fire place for p an p.
                      I even ear beer is good.
                      But a strong molasses tea with worm compost, is hard to beat.
                      Your gonna have some fine buds man, they look good to me. From hear on out I'd just use molasses and water, But the leaves will start turning yellow on the bottom of your plants soon, that's normal.
                      Your doing a hellava good job, if you ask me, you ain't got long to go, have in there, they will be fine.

Dood, thank you so much for the offer of help & the tricks & the very kind & encouraging words. I will indeed send you my address via PM. You're a good egg.
                    If the sun always shone
                    -- Confucius

Comment

DAAS, do you grow indoors & out?
                      If the sun always shone
                      -- Confucius

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                        D.A.A.S.69 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I try to do both, but not good at either.
                        I'll be glad to send you some MegaCrop and SweetCandy.
                        But they still have free samples of 230grams, a pack of both, for free, but you have to pay for the shipping. Like 4bucks I think. But they are very fast about getting the nutrients to you. I got mine in 3-4days.
                        But now I got the big bag of it now, it works so well.
                        1 teaspoon a gallon of water, for the MegaCrop.
                        One quarter, teaspoon, of the SweetCandy. And that's probably what you need most, but the MegaCrop, ain't gonna hurt either.

It's really very kind of you. My back went south on me several years ago & I was drinking & swallowing lots of pellets (for the pain, at first) until they finally caught me driving like that & snatched up my driver's license. Since then, finding work has been problematic. Fortunately, Miz Lady (my ex-wife) is still kinda sweet on me & I on her, so at least I have a place to lay my head. I started this grow on a shoestring budget & frankly, was not adequately prepared for all the ins & outs. I'm finding my rhythm a little at a time though & trying to live in the solution. Every little trick or tip I can get is like gold to me but the encouragement & camaraderie here are like diamonds! Thank you.
                      If the sun always shone
                      -- Confucius

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X