No announcement yet.

farmerjim's 2nd grow! Nirvana Lemon OG Haze autoflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 6 saw a loss of a growth tip from one of the recently topped shoots. Also snapped another but was able to salvage using the soft ties as a support (coiled around the stem). other than that things are really taking off... expecting to see some pistils when I go to check on them... scent is picking up a bit (scratch and sniff your screen to get a whiff)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	226012Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	226014Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	226015Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	226016Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	226017Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	226018Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	581.2 KB
ID:	226019Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	838.7 KB
ID:	226020Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	226021Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	226022Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	444.5 KB
ID:	226023Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	226025Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	226026
    Instagram: @farmerjim420
    What is VPD?
    diygrowdata.com

Completed:
    #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
    Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
    In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
    In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
    • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
    • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
    • #diyrdwc
    • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Campesino I got a new toy just in time for the dark harvest......

(can't figure out how to post it here - it's a timelapse if you don't have IG)

that apparrrently didnt work. I'll keep trying! haha
      What is VPD?
      diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
      • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
      • #diyrdwc

Comment

• farmerjim
        farmerjim commented
        Editing a comment
        got it - i think - what file format was the one you were able to post to the forum? gif?

• farmerjim
        farmerjim commented
        Editing a comment
        I can'tt wait for the dark harvest. I have a micro sd card that i'm going to try and fill during my current grows flowering stretch to see how long I can record to it . I would love to be able to get as much of the dark harvest as possible... if anyone is interested, google "wyze cam". it's only about $20. it does NOT come with a microSD which is required for timelapses
        Last edited by farmerjim; 07-14-2018, 04:44 AM.

Doubling up on Week 6 pictures because... well... why not? Today is Day 42 and we've got pistils!

Performed a res change on Friday. it literally takes me 20 minutes and I love it. I have about 20' of tubing left that I used to connect the inline pump to the res (1/2" i think). I simply disconnect the line to the res and connect this one and it empties in less than 10 minutes. Another 10 minutes of filling with fresh water and a few shotglasses of nutrients and supplements and I'm done!

For some reason this time around, I decided to think my 5 gal buckets were 10 gal when doing my math.... oops. Good thing I'm following GWE advice of backing off the recommended dosage by a 1/4 or so! I originally calculated 46 gal - shouldve been 26! I think I put about 90-120 ml of each of the trio with some LiquidBloom along with the hydroguard, CallMag, and Silica...

Ph'd to 5.8ish... ppm@2550... res temps around 70... humidity around 60 (its muggy today)... ambient temps in the 74 range... going to try and let them creep up to 82 or so during the "day" during flower (i'm on a 20/2 schedule). Want to try and get 82-62 degree swings during the last few weeks of flower to see if we can'tt get some nice colors outta the group...

I also moved the bucket that is NOT connected to the RDWC to the middle of the system. It was getting pretty straggly back in its corner. It is now the centerpiece with the hopes that it'll come back with the stronger direct light (its propped up a couple of inches to clear the return line).

I think I want the Phantom Dual cmh setup for Xmas... farmerjane probably wouldn't be happy that I'm planning my Xmas gift for myself instead of a present for our 4 year anniversary which is in 10 days... suggestions welcome!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	226708Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	555.9 KB ID:	226703Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	870.7 KB ID:	226705Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.25 MB ID:	226717Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.61 MB ID:	226716Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	226715Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	226714Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1,018.4 KB ID:	226713Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	734.3 KB ID:	226712Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.33 MB ID:	226711Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.26 MB ID:	226710Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	226709Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	422.7 KB ID:	226706Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	431.4 KB ID:	226704
      Attached Files
      Last edited by farmerjim; 07-15-2018, 08:22 AM.
      What is VPD?
      diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
      • #diyrdwc

Comment

That strain you are growing is probably the best smelling ive ever had in jars. Not tried it yet. Maybe another 10 or 15 days.

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they were Nirvana autos. I would have to look at the jars to get you the exact date but I think around july 4th is when they were jarred. But i have multiple strains so would have to look. I have a label maker and put all info on the jars. When started, when cut, when jarred, strain, where the seeds came from, what type lights etc etc. Basically all pertinent information in case I want to replicate it. I get made fun of for all the information I put on every jar.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp that's a great idea. I think it's pretty smart. Wish I could go back to my first grow and figure out why them buds got so fat...pretty sure it was the sunshine though πŸ˜‰.

• farmerjim
          farmerjim commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp how many days did yours take from seed to harvest? I'm expecting more flowering at this point but definitely did some topping and defol so figured we'd be delayed a week or two...

Ok my nirvana Lemon OG haze auto was jarred on 07052018. She produced 152 grams dry in 72 days from sprouting. She went 12 days under a cfl, 7 days under a viper spectrum 450 watt led, 12 days under 1000 watt MH, then the rest of her time under 1000 watt hps. Ffof soil with the 3 ff nutrients. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes all that is on my labels. I have one with name and date. A second on the bottom with all the info

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          thats pretty impressive 5.4 zips with one plant wow great job

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          OJH i was very lucky this grow. Only had 1 plant that went under 100grams. I dont think it was my growing skill as much as luck. Whatever it was has enabled me to take a break for awhile so I can concentrate on getting my fruits and vegetables to harvest.I have enough work for awhile.

Maybe after I get all my extra from the veggie garden canned or put up in the deep freeze. Im sure Ill get bored over the winter after Im done traveling.

Chefbjy I have done it my whole life whenever I try new things. I like to keep notes. It helps me out alot. I can always go back and look. I keep a folder with it all in it and put it on every jar. I keep far more notes than above but didnt think the rest would matter to most. Im not one for journals online but will always try to answer questions. Usually in pm as Im paranoid. Now Nebula CBD (Queen Nebula is what I call her) has been helping as of late, which is why you see me posting again after a quiet period. Still guarded but back to trying to help some. Anyways if anyone needs me Im always just a pm away.

Comment

Sttttrrrreeettttccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Name:	
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	228165Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	228164Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	228163Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	228162Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	228161
          What is VPD?
          diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
          • #diyrdwc

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            Nooooo kiddding,! 😊 they are looking just WONDERFUL!

• farmerjim
            farmerjim commented
            Editing a comment
            This last week has been insane! I've been letting them run but defoliated the big one on the left bc that was the one getting the heaviest LST and defol early on. Even farmerjane was noticing that the one in the front left "has more bud sites" but the one in the front right "looks the biggest/bushiest/healthiest but has less buds"... I didn't check the res for about 6 days and the 13 gal was probably down to about 3 or 4 gal level! Refilled the res and ppms (700 scale) were sitting around 1500. I had set them to around 2400 i think last week. So added Hydroguard, a few shot glasses of Micro, and a good amount of Trio Bloom and Liquid Bloom. let's test the limits... (at 3080 now!) thanks Tika

I will try and be at the cannabis cup looks like fun
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            Lucky you guys!

• farmerjim
            farmerjim commented
            Editing a comment
            I want them to lower the entry requirements for the homegrows! 28g?? but... I'm new and I want some too lol!

• farmerjim
            farmerjim commented
            Editing a comment
            My cousin has 3 strains that Im trying to convince him to submit - just to participate

I cant wait... hell of a couple months shaping up. Cannacon boston, cannacup st the freedom rally and canncon Portland in in sept or Oct I think
          What is VPD?
          diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
          • #diyrdwc

Comment

I'll be the one wearing these!

Name:	
Size:	5.05 MB
ID:	228457Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	228456
            What is VPD?
            diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
            • #diyrdwc

Comment

I would love to be able to do something like that. Sounds like alot of fun. Someday maybe.

Comment

Hey all - things are going really well over here i think. Recap, there's 5 plants in here. 4 in buckets setup in a square and 1 right smack in the middle. The two closest to the mixing res are the largest - wondering if it has to do with the fact that they are first in line for newly nuted water?. These two I am comparing against one another as one has been moderate->heavily defoliated and one has barely been touched (besides some topping and defol early on to train flat)...

Other than that, been cleaning up a few off the straggler buds that have no chance of reaching the canopy and have removed some larger fan leaves if they are causing condensation droplets from touching other leaves...

Recent timelapse here...

Nerdy intermission coming soon...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	229436Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	229435Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.37 MB ID:	229434Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.87 MB ID:	229433Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.15 MB ID:	229431Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	690.9 KB ID:	229430Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	229429Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.23 MB ID:	229428Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	229427Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	567.7 KB ID:	229426Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	234.9 KB ID:	229425
                Last edited by farmerjim; 07-24-2018, 05:15 AM.
                What is VPD?
                diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
                • #diyrdwc

Comment

• FlyingDutchPaddy
                  FlyingDutchPaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sub’ ed πŸ‘πŸ™‚

• farmerjim
                  farmerjim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  πŸ‘πŸ€ŸπŸŒ±πŸ€πŸŒ³πŸ“ŠπŸ“ˆπŸ€“

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  looking good FarmerJim nice hen has she had little one running around with her

She has! About 10+!

I have a few videos here

There was one night when the whole family was hanging in the backyard... a doe showed up at the same time just over the fence! Look for the posts that say "animalslove me" ~farmerjane...
                What is VPD?
                diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
                • #diyrdwc

Comment

Hey all!

This run has been super fun. I love it so far. Is it the #diyrdwc? Is it bc I'm growing autos for the first time? Is it because my previous (and only) grow had only 1 plant? Who knows, but it's wonderful...

My 1 regret for the week was SKIPPING CANNACON Boston. So disappointed... but Portland is right around the corner so we'll have to make that one a 2day event!

It's Day 56... let's actually fill in some details about what I've been messing with...

Well, it's been mostly low stress training until the stretch. There's a reason they warn about Lemon OG Haze's stretch! I also started with various degrees of defoliation as follows:

1. Heavy defoliation - since the beginning; Aggressively topped (more than the rest).

2. Light defoliation - if at all prior to day 50; Topped early on to assist with LST

3. Light defoliation - since the beginning; Topped early on to assist with LST

4. Light defoliation - mostly due to slow initial growth; Topped early on to assist with LST

5. Light to moderate defoliation - mostly due to slow initial growth then perking back up after moving dead center; Topped early on to assist with LST

1 is certainly the furthest along in flowering. Maybe because of the defol or the additional topping?

2 is the beast of the family. This sucker bushed up, out, and practically swallowed #4 whole. It's flowers don't seem to be as far along as 1. I decided to give a pretty good haircut today to thin out and get some light to those bud sites.

3 is a bit taller than the rest - noticed it was stretching for the light pretty decently given the coverage in the tent. Running into some real estate battles with 1 and 5.

4 is hanging in there. Dwarfed by 2 and shaded some from the direct cmh light given 5's center placement.

5 recovered well. Pretty straggly in the first pic but holding its own in the last...

Any thoughts are welcome. I wanted to give a decent variation on stressing and defoliating autos to see what the impacts would be.

Do you think I increased yields on any? Decreased? Stunted? We'll know soon enough... although this tent may eat into the Dark Harvest timeframe a bit but I'll figure it out.

Name:	20180715_075854_edited.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	231508

Name:	20180722_160326_edited.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	231509

Name:	20180729_092243_edited.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	231510
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by farmerjim; 07-29-2018, 10:37 AM.
                  What is VPD?
                  diygrowdata.com

Completed:

Current Setup:
                  • #diyrdwc

Comment

Great fresh sequence there again@farmerjim🀩 really healthy & pretty! When is your eta? Overlapping with seed drop the 11th?
                    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                    photoperiod feminized seeds
                    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• farmerjim
                      farmerjim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! Yep, day 70 is right against germ day for the dark harvest. I've been training so think they're a little behind so probably an overlap for a few weeks. I'm working on my next #diyrdwc now for the 3x4 tent. If I dont up my lighting by then I'll just use the viparspectra for seedlings/early veg while the lemon OGs finish up πŸ‘

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X