Small A/C unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small A/C unit?

I’m getting ready to start my next dwc grow. I use a kind led light setup so not a ton of heat to deal with but because summer is coming up I want to have a small a/c in my tent. I’m in a 4x4x7 tent. Anyone have any suggestions? I looked at amazon but I’m not confident that what I see will work.

Thanks as always in advance!

Get a small window unit to cool the room your tent is in.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Cool the intake air, don’t put the unit in the tent. M2c

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      You will need to consider where the hot air is going with that window banger. Especially if your using it to cool and not dehumidify. Definition of ac: to remove heat from desired location and to move to where it makes little to no difference (outside). His intake will still pull the heat into the tent if vented to the same room. I would get a small portable ac that you can duct to the outdoors.

Do you already have an exaust fan? If not id get that first.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, agreed - Absolutely

So I absolutely have a portable air conditioner in the room which keeps the temp down and i use an exhaust fan as well. Just worried with 90+ degree temps expected during this next grow that the tent might get a bit warm.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      What I do during the hottest months: I keep the door to my grow box (in your case, your tent) open when the lights are on. That worked quite well at keeping the temp at the appropriate level during late flower.

Of course you have to be mindful of making sure you close it when lights are out...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X