Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a journey of my 1st ever main-lining experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'll still wait a few more weeks before flower(12/12) time. I'm going to go with one of those tomato cages. I've seen Nugbuckets use one to great success.
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      It's funny that you mention the height of the tomato cages not being tall enough, later on. B/C, I actually cut the cage down! lol It was hitting my lights. When she goes into my new tent which is taller by a foot, I'll add the rest of the cage back on, if needed.

Alright, fellas, it's been 15 days since my last post of pics. Wendy is going into flower, late next week when my new tent arrives. Ya, I know I had said no new equipment until I buy a new receiver. I came to my senses. Also, Ellie has recovered quite nicely from her lateral transplant-took her out of her bucket to replace the soil and add perlite. That makeshift tent your seeing will now become the veg tent, full-time.
    Question for ya guys about my newest girls, Sima and Nada. I have some simple 2gal plastic pots for their 1st transplant. But, I'm wondering if you guys think I should make their 1st transplant into something smaller, before going to those 2gal pots. Walmart has these ~1gal pots for a buck. Do you think I should plant them into something smaller, before going to the 2gal pots? What would Jesus do? What would you do?
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me add, that the final grow containers for my seedlings are going to be 7gal fabric pots.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      growsomebuds Sorry mate, didn`t catch this. Perlite addition to what was in there is a very good idea. I usually do a 1/3 perlite to soil mix. Now that set up`s looking really nice now. Fav pic is number 3 though. Very pretty and healthy looking lass going there. Really glad you`re moving away from those pots to fabric. That will help root temp though you may want to rig something up to keep off the floor. Make sure you water well-15-20% run off as salts, etc can build in the fabric reducing moisture, air, heat flow. All looking nice mate

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Camp. My new tent comes next week. That's when Wendy goes into 12/12.
      Thanks for the kind words, Pagan. Are you referring to the 3rd pic; the girl in the org bucket? She's been nothing but trouble from the beginning. I mean she's always looked healthy, but she's been growing like a little person. She is actually a week older than Wendy(white bucket), and look at the size difference. lol
      The plants in those two buckets will remain in them. However, the 2 little girls will eventually end up in fabric pots, on order, as I write this.

Now that I will be using fabric pots from now on as my final container, should I only be mixing a small fraction of my perlite in w/ the soil? I've recently read that switching to fabric pots causes the soil to drain and dry out, quickly.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't understand, "Use the lift pot tech(nique)......", Pagan.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      You lift the pot slightly with one hand and gauge the weight. Heavier/ moist, lighter/ dryer. After a while you get to know when to water or not. Gives you an indication of how dry the soil is becoming.

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yes, that's how I've been gauging when to water for any pot size.

My newest girls got transplanted yesterday. Within a week, I'll begin setting them up with the main-lining technique. I chickened out to go all the way w/ this method on Wendy. Wendy, the big plant you see w/ the tomato cage starts 12/12 by tomorrow. I got my 1st ever tent, yesterday and thet's gonna be her new home for flowering.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Wendy went into 12/12 today, Camp. The little ones were transplanted yesterday. Ellie has been doing great since the transplant, weeks ago. She will probably need to veg for another month or so.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• growsomebuds
        growsomebuds commented
        Editing a comment
        The light over the org pot may be too low.

Looking at the youngins, above, can anyone tell me how much water they would give these. it's a 50/50 soil/perlite mixture. The root mass of these is a little smaller than that of a Solo cup.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        I`d calculate that, very dry 1-1.5 litres and if dry/moist 1 litre allowing for some run off

Holy crap. I went to check on the plant in my flower tent. She is wilted as hell! Soil is bone dry, and the temp is 91!
      I'm scared it's going to become a chick w/ a dick!
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That's how I got nanners and some seeds on one grow: the heat caused too much stress. I believe that was it, because it had never happened before so there was no stray pollen, light leaks, etc. The good thing was that most of the seeds were underdeveloped--it happened late in flowering--and the bud was dynamite.
        PaganRich I won't even dignify the chicks w/ dicks remarks with a response... beyond saying that there has to be more to life than an obsession w/ dicks...

• growsomebuds
        growsomebuds commented
        Editing a comment
        Just started the flower stage. By harvest time, temps should be OK.

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        One would most certainly hope so alltatup and don`t even get me started on prostate examinations which I`m not happy about. Can`t be hygenic

I now understand this flower stretch thing!
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Coming along nicely

I wish I knew what the fudge was going on w/ this one. The plant above is a week younger! This plant(org pot) has been growing slow from the get go. Her soil was retaining water, unlike Wendy(white pot). So, I did a lateral transplant using proper soil mixed w/ perlite to improve drainage. The soil still holds water for a long while. This leaves me to believe that her root mass is not developed properly. The root mass looked pretty week when I re-potted her over a month ago. She always looked healthy above the soil. Now, some of her leaves have brown tips, and some are discolored. I'm debating if I should euthanize her or just throw her in the flower tent with Wendy, and see what she'll do in there. Maybe that flower stretch thing will wake her ass up. Anyone have some thoughts?
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system

Comment

14 days of flowering.........I'm using GH Flora trio of nutes. I'm wondering how far into flowering do you guys back off w/ your nutrients that have the highest concentration of nitrogen?
        Last edited by growsomebuds; 08-11-2018, 05:27 AM.
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Bit different from your set up as I organic tea feed mine but the minute I flip a plant I use I reckon 40% nitrogen strength compared to the amount used in veg. Works well for me. Hope you find your happy medium. Nice tidy grow you`ve got going there mate. Very pleasing on the ole eyes

• growsomebuds
          growsomebuds commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Pagan!

The latest pics of my Wendy, 34 days from 12/12 lighting switch.
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X