First time grower questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower questions?

Hi, first time grower here I have been stressing about a few things these past 2 days as I am going to get my grow under way tonight, any help is much appreciated on a few topics.. so here I go. 36 hours ago I germinated my Northern Lights Autoflower seeds and I plan to plant them and put them in my tent in 12 hours, I finished setting up my tent yesterday and left the 6” fan on with my 2 55W 2700K CFL bulb and my 1 30W 6400K CFL bulb, a total of 8,500 lumens for my 60cm * 60cm tent for 2 plants, I will be adding 1 more of each bulb in when they arrive. So I left that all running for a few hours and came back and temperature was at 30C (87F) consider I am going to get 2 more bulbs, and the humidity was at 50%. I then turned off the lights and fan and woke up this morning the temp has dropped to 21 (69F) and the humidity is now 95% in the tent! I would like to know the recommended temp for lights on lights off how I can control it and the same with humidity (I will also being using a co2 bag) . Below is the tent I have. Second topic is my soil and feeding. My strain being a Northern Lights Auto I purchased Plant Magic plus soil supreme, I have not purchased and nutrients yet, I do not want to be purchasing a huge array of nutes to mix in with the water if that is possible I would just like to purchase one bottle. I also am going to be planting them straight into 10litre pots and am unsure of how much water to feed and nutes (when I get them) for the process.. any help is much appreciated! ( pics of set up and grow tent below) Thank you!!

Morning riz, you are gonna need a good exaust fan to keep the humidity down.And as for nutrients, MegaCrop, is a one part system, that works great ,simple to use, and damn good nutrients too.
    Plus they are giving free samples away ,230g. Enough to grow several plants.Check out MegaCrop and SweetCandy, it's really good stuff.
    Plus it doesn't take but 2-3 days to receive the nutrients in the mail.
    I've grown NLAUTO s, before, and your gonna love them, they get huge to, at least mine did, mine came from Nirvana. Good Luck and Welcome to GWE. HappyGrowing.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Daas, I saw you on another post saying you got 6oz dry from ur beauty on roids. Would appreciate anymore tips for my NLautos as I am a stressed out first timer 😅😂

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Riz, yeah, i did get a couple of grams short of 7ozs, on my first autoflower, but she turned into a monster size, it wasn't anything that I did though, all i did was grow her in supersoil, and all I gave her was water an molasses and wcteas.
      Ive grow plenty of autoflowers since then, and normally get around 2-5 ozs from eash plant, so it varies, depending on how big they get.
      But most NLautos get pretty dog gone big. And I'm sure you are gonna do just fine, if you run into problems, that's what GWE, is for, plenty of people on here that will be glad to help you, and good luck with yours.

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      What temp and humidity do u recommend when they sprout?

Did you have every vent open on the tent when you tested the tent temps?

Comment

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      No, they were all open, I now have the tent unzipped half way at the top and the temp is still 29, my bedroom temp is usually 21 but now it’s heating up

I can not help with the tent questions for I grow on the patio. What I do know for sure is you have those big powerfull bulbs BUT they are shining all over the place. No plants on the top, none on the sides. Make or buy some reflectors. There are plenty of DiY sites . Get the lights closer 6-8 in. Get them to shine down, not all over. Be light handed on the water and fertilizer and you should be OK .

Comment

• rizcuny
      rizcuny commented
      Editing a comment
      The bulbs are currently 8-10 above and I have planted, I will lower them once they have stretched very slightly. Also doesn’t the Mylar material in the tent reflect the light? The material is not hot at all so I know the light isn’t being transferred to heat and wasted

The farther light travels the weaker it gets. The light traveling directly down at the plants is the right distance , the rest travel to the nearest shiny surface, then bounce back to the plant or other wall,weakening with each bounce. The more concentrated the light the less loss of lumens . Kind of like a flashlight. The plants will stay shorter and more compact.

Comment

Seedlings are in the tent, fan is on full and tent door is half open temp is now 31c (88) how can I get cool air in?

Comment

Seedlings will ve fine at 88. But get a vent fan

Comment

Anuone know a type of fan that will Do the job on its own to take out some hot air if I put it in the whole at the top of the tent?
          Last edited by rizcuny; 05-27-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• rizcuny
            rizcuny commented
            Editing a comment
            Anything cheaper 😂

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            You can always look for the same thing on ebay or Craigslist. That is cheaper then some I was looking at. Thanks Campesino.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, that is my fan... I have had it running pretty much non-stop since November! Going strong and doing a great job in my 4x4

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X