What do you mean it can't be done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean it can't be done.

Hello everyone, Well I'm getting a little bored so I'm going to do an experiment. The experiment will be with 1 Northern Light's Auto, I will attempt to Manifold her. Wish me luck please. Today I am soaking the seed so I figure pictures and particulars will follow in about 2 weeks and then updates each week or so. It's going to be fun.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Morning UncleDoug, I got faith in you, your gonna do just fine, it ain't hard.
    If you get in trouble, check Nebulas tutorials out. She shows you how step by step.
    You might want to check Green75 grows out too, he manifolds damn near all of his autos.
    ​​​​​​​HappyGrowing
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      @D.A.A.S. Thanks for your encouragement, always on the positive, I like that. I checked out Nebulas tutorial and will use that, nice step by step.

Be careful. Manifolding is addicting! I started going to manifolding anonymous. I have an outdoor Papaya girl that I'm not manifolding and its killing me! Good luck and have fun slapping the cuffs on her!

3rd grow
    CFL's for seedlings
    Outdoor DIY Grow Box 4' X 3' X 8'
    ViparSpectra PAR 600 LED
    Coco Loco & Kindsoil
    Foliar Essence
    Molasses
    2 - 5 gal Smart pots/5 gal plastic pot
    AK-47 (F) - GYO
    Fallen Angel (F) - Devils Harvest
    Papaya (F) - 1st Summer outdoor grow - Nirvana

"Changing my thinking, changes my life."

Comment

Omg i can vouch for the fact that training is addictive. Id recommend just doing a sea of green. Otherwise you will be spending hours with your girls daily.

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        All I have is time. (:

However it is easy. Just way to fun. Oh just for shits and giggles my new girls

Comment

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Lilly's eh. I'm retired also so lots of time, we had a long winter so I'm behind on the food garden and everything else outside.

• buffalobuds
        buffalobuds commented
        Editing a comment
        Redwasp- Those look like Ammarilis's Bulbs growing on top or in the ground?

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        In the ground. They were thrown away and i found them. Here is why i say lilly. I looked them up and identical to lowes lillys.

I think it can be done. Especially in a fast growing set up like yours! ... with an attentive gardener

Comment

Oh yes dont listen to people who say you cant top, defoliate, train, manifold an auto. You can as long as its healthy, has enough lights etc. They will reward you with yields similar to photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwasp View Post
          However it is easy. Just way to fun. Oh just for shits and giggles my new girls
          I also wanted a bit o' shits and giggles so I figured I give Tomato's a try. My first attempt at DWC...these are supposed to be a dwarf (under 18" variety), the are Tiny Tim Heirloom Tomato's. Started April 1 from seeds. Just starting to see some little green tomato's.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can grow a tomato you can grow most anything. So good choice to play with. I think i/we have 175 of them growing atm. Just not inside.

Seems like everything I've read says DON'T so of course I have to try it. Thanks all for encouragement. Seed has sunk, now into the paper towel.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a great question uncle Doug. I also have many other factors that may have increased my yields. I have hardly stuck with one nutrient line, and also added some flower boosters as well lol. I will say the manifolded plants are much easier to work with because you shape them to how you want them to grow. This normally means the branches will have more space and air to grow better and bigger buds.

I would say my average yield would be around 3 per plant. I've had 2 plants that yielded just over 5, but a lot of my earlier grows all seemed to be around 2-2.5. Most of my grows have yielded 8 oz total (generally 4 plants per grow), but I've also had hiccups along the way ( losing a plant or 2, but still ending up around 8 oz per grow)

It would be great to do a side by side! I just may on my next one which will be starting in less than 2 weeks!

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            A side by side would be a good thing to do, maybe next time I'll manifold one and just LST on the other, no topping, same everything else.

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            I plan to grow 2 gorilla glue autos and 2 gorilla glue #4 autos, so I think that may be a great test to do myself!

Well these are 32 days old. My first time doing anything with autos other than lst. Havent grown alot of autos how do these compare to those with nothing done. Let me see if i can remember what they are. White LST, White Widow, Ak47, Lemon OG, and carmalecious.

Im not being a smart ass i really have no clue. Is this good or bad for 32 days. Those are 7 gallon air pots 4x4 tent, still on 1000 watt MH

Comment

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            They look great, keep doing what you're doing.

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks

UPDATE: It.s been six weeks, time to post some pictures of the manifold. So far she's doing well, the manifolding slowed her down a lot as expected. She has been under T5's until yesterday when I moved her to the flowering tent. I will update each week.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice are there any preflowers or pistils yet? I'm doing a few autos and pistils showed up in 20 days from seed... but it's supposed to be 70-75day from seed. My gg#4 hasn't shown pistils and supposed to be 60days wierd. Wanted to manifold so bad 😆 don't even know if it's an auto now.

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            Chefbjy, first pistils appeared today. You really can't go by what the seed supplier says as far as time, they get the times from ideal conditions with no problems, that.s what I've heard from others on here.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I figure I'd give then till week 5 before I classify them as photos 😆

Well my auto ak47/not auto ak47 is now flowering after switching to 12/12 she is 5ft tall 5ft wide. So sometimes you don't get what you order.

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah don't really have the resources for another photo grow atm 😥. I have no clue what I'm going to do if they aren't autos... I do see some preflowers now just no pistils 😉.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            There's been alot of that going on lately, if the seeds you bought didn't come in original packs with the seed lot on them, I bet that they are not autos.
            Some seed banks like BonzaSeeds, will send you anything, just to get rid of their extras ,that they can't sell.
            I'm not buying any more seeds period, that come in those blister packs, with abbreviations on them,
            For example, if they don't come in Mephisto or DutchPassion packages, I'm not buying them. Out of the last 8auto seeds that I've bought only 3 have been autos, the others were all photos, But nobody knows what kind of photos they are, you might as well use bagseed, imo.
            I've had a few runins with a couple of seed banks here lately, but both Sweet Seeds and FastBuds ,both sent me replacements, and they also came in the original packs too. That's the only way you know what your getting, is when they come in the original packs ,with lot numbers on the packs.

They were packaged not a blister pack. Got them from seedsman by expert seeds. Funny the package says not for human consumption or agricultural use 😆.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

End of week 10 for my NL auto manifold test. 10 weeks gone by, figure another 6 or so.
            Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              Chefbjy Thank you.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              lookin good

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              oldjarhead100, Thank you. Two more days until you guys start your challenge, I'll be watching, should be interesting.

End of week 11, nothing to say but she's growing well so far, no issues.
            Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              uncledoug, Good Morning, Man you got your girl looking nice, very healthy looking,great job.
              Looks like You have removed some of those middle leaves to, for good light and breeze, another nice job.
              In about a month or 5weeks, you are gonna have a beautiful plant to harvest.

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69, Thank you. Got more daring with this plant, cut off a lot of the side popcorn stuff and thinned out some. Thanks for telling me how to do this.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              You got that plant looking great UncleDoug.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X