My obsession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My obsession

Thanks for welcoming me to your site. I have been availing myself of your counsel through the tutorials for about 5 months & it's clear you have a unique understanding of cannabis & how it grows.
    I'm currently growing in a 2'x5' area with adjustable headroom. Lights are 70w hps (x4). Exhaust and supply fans work 24/7. All my plants, so far, are in soil in 5gal. buckets. Currently growing 2 WhiteWidows & one bagseed which I have named Lemon SumpnSumpn. All are on 12/12 right now. One of the ww's is a runt which never took off till I moved it to flower.
    Also have 4 plants outdoors in 5 gal pots:
    Northern Lights
    Super Lemon Haze
    Cindarella 99
    Blueberry
    Will post photos here as things develop. Feedback is always nice (well, you know, 'cept when it ain't).

If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

Oh man, that Lemon SumpnSumpn will take the top of your head off!

I don't think I've ever seen an HPS as low as 70 watts. Sounds interesting--nice even light distribution with four lamps I bet.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Bill: I wanna try some of the Lemon SumpnSumpn!!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• BillBates
        BillBates commented
        Editing a comment
        It's gonna be sweeeeeeet.

Il bet that lemon sumpnsumpn will be nice. One strain i always always always have is nitro lemon haze. My favorite standby. If I wake up and just cant do shit out she comes. 30 minutes later the house is clean. And i am always in serious pain so thats saying something. Down to my last of them and they are reveg monstercropped. Already in flower. Not sure worth making a clone from a reveg in flower.

Comment

I got the seed for Lemon Sumpn Sumpn from a bag I bought last year from a very good friend whose weed is always decently priced (280/oz. which is a song here where I live). The problem is, he was never interested in knowing the strains he moved, so I have no idea what it is aside from it's a heavy sativa. No shit, I bought weed from this guy for 6 years & never found a seed til this one. It's the most responsive plant I've had so far. It's either 4 or 6 weeks into flower (depending on how you count) & it's all I can do to not get into it. I have 4 rooted cuttings from it in plastic cups.
        If the sun always shone
        -- Confucius

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          The magic seed!!! That's awesome.

Well sounds like a lemon haze. Mine will reach 5 foot tall easy even with training. Really hard to keep them down even in the biggest tents. Hooe you have a tall area. Lol

Comment

Doctor Johnson- they're area lights from Lowe's. My plan is to get 2 more of them for a grand total of 420 watts, which would be ideal for my space. Heat has never gone above 80°f. They're a little pricey, about $50/ea., but the low wattage keeps costs down plus enables (forces) me to keep them very close to the plants. Anything more than about 16-18 inches away gets very little penetration. I'm happy with them so far & Miz Lady doesn't go apoplectic when the power bill comes.
          If the sun always shone
          -- Confucius

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Go for short plants. No penetration needed.

I also have an Amnesia autoflower at 65 days which was a freebie from Canuk Seeds. It's billed as Amnesia but it's really a White Russian autoflower. Not sure how they get away with that.
          Last edited by BillBates; 05-20-2018, 06:28 PM.
          If the sun always shone
          -- Confucius

Comment

Ive had plants under a foot produce 3 times what a tall higher producing plant should make due to penetration.

Comment

Comment

Never having grown before, I wouldn't know Lemon Haze if it walked up & introduced itself. Based on what I've read, though, I'd have to say I agree with you. Whatever it is, here it is 5 minutes ago.
                If the sun always shone
                -- Confucius

Comment

• Redwasp
                  Redwasp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If that is your first you have a great future in this hobby.

Looking pretty

Comment

So let me ask you, Red, how do you calculate time in flower? Do you start counting the day you flip the switch or when flowers actually start appearing?
                  If the sun always shone
                  -- Confucius

Comment

• Redwasp
                    Redwasp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When the pistils start forming. But learn to watch your trichomes as far as when they are really ready. You can make speedy smoke. Chill smoke. Nighttime smoke from knowing your trichomes. Maybe someone will post a link for you. My harvests can change by weeks by what im growing it for. I like them all and try to stay stocked with get shit done smoke. Stop my anxiety ptsd smoke. Watch tv smoke. And put my ass to sleep smoke.

Yeah, I've been studying up on trichomes. My only grow prior to this was Blue Himalaya Auto which produced about an ounce of very tasty buds in 72 days. Turns out 72 days was about 7-10 days too early. The product was excellent but speedy. Definitely get-shit-done weed but when bedtime came, I wanted to mow the lawn & paint the house & walk the dogs..... 7 more days would have been perfect. 14 more would have been couchlock.
                  If the sun always shone
                  -- Confucius

Comment

I love all 3. Lmao

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X