My first grow ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first grow ever

Very first grow . using soil. Led light with unknown specs. Alaska bloom and veg . 2 bagseed sprouted out of 10.grow room closet 8×4×4. Both females i think , just learned about lst, after i was just winging it. Now i am learning from you guys . thanks
    Grow -1 Spare bedroom 10x12x8--
    Soil FFOF
    Flower- hps 1000w +300 watt l.e.d. full spectrum side lighting
    Veg-T5 ho 4ft 4tube 216w....cfl pigtails 45w x2 6500k
    2 Auto Blue Dream fem --from msnl
    1 white lsd auto --from msnl
    megacrop- armor si- calmag-kool bloom
    3gal & 5gal smart fabric pots
    Window A/C cooled- box fan
    6in hydrofarm blower fan into hps

"Life's a garden, Dig it !! "

DankwingDuck thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by shotgun980; 05-15-2018, 01:03 AM.
    Soil FFOF

Comment

more on plants..they are side by side in 3rd pic... the one on the right is actually 2 weeks older, but I didn't know better and made many mistakes with her...like 1 - over watered. 2- used miracle grow plant food at a double dose on it because "I wanted it to explode with growth" I damn near blew the leaves clean off her with that.3-started in these 2gal buckets no transplanting 4- I had big mirrors all around them reflecting light (I thought) til 3 days ago... Then I learned a little and the plant on the left is faring much better I believe.. I started 12/12 on may 5th which would be like 6 weeks and 8weeks old roughly. So I ordered white LSD auto to try out from msnl , cant wait . I also don't have an exhaust fan, just one blowing inside the room. any advice is well received , thanks
      Soil FFOF

Comment

if you can maintain your heat you dont need to exhaust your room but you should be supplying fresh air when possible
        also if the smell isnt an issue then you wont need to filter it either
        4'x 6' x 8' room
        2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
        sunshine mix #4
        mega crop nutes
        current grow
        cd-1
        jack herer
        afghan kush
        green doctor

Comment

• shotgun980
          shotgun980 commented
          Editing a comment
          Smell really isn't an issue. I am able to leave the door cracked until dark time. Hoping I can supply 2-4 plants with enough c02 and fresh air to do them justice. ill update progress weekly. I have to get a thermometer and humidity tester for sure. thanks Camk

Hay shotgun welcome to the show,lots of good friends here to help u out if needed. How are u adjusting your water for ph ? In soil it should range between 6.2 and 6.5
        As far as air curulation a small fan should srefice for now, if you choose to fertilize the choices are staggering I use fox farm nutes myself but there’s many types to choose from, good luck and grow

Comment

Potted I have a cheap 10$ prong tester for ph/light/moisture and so far its been between 6.5-7.0 , but I heard those were unreliable. I did add a little vinegar to some water on one plant because it was reading 7.5ish awhile back (I read it may help ???) , it seemed to maybe help, the meter actually went down. BUT that coincided with me realizing I was over watering and I let the soil dry out a lot. maybe that's why such a big change too. Do u recommend a reasonable meter for a soil,perlite,coir mix? and the best way to adjust it up n down? we have up and down solution at my local nursery but only for hydro system?? thanks for the welcome
          Soil FFOF

Comment

I think Yule be ok with the stuff from the store to ph your water with. Yes pot likes to cycle wet to dry so don’t overwater, as for a good meter prices range from $10.00 to way to much for me to justify spending so it’s your choice. 😎PS. Always adjust water to the desired ph.level before watering lol
            Last edited by Potted; 05-15-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Good luck and Good growing!

Comment

Sub'd

RE Pots and transplant (from other thread) Are you getting good run-off from those pots when you water?

There is a nutrient issue that is evident on the leaves (Edges dry and discolored, tips light - almost burned). It may be caused by the pH issues, or by Nutrient levels. In addition to pH, It is important that you get good run-off every time that you irrigate.

The five gallon pots that you are planning to go up to... Do they have good drainage?
                Coco/Perlite with High Frequency Auto-Fertigation
                4x4 Tent, 2@ Viparspectra 450 Reflector Series LEDs
                GH Nutes including: Flora Trio, CALiMAGic, Rapid Start, Armor SI, Liquid KoolBloom, and Diamond Nectar. Also: SM-90 and H2O2

Current Grow Journal: Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow #2 Harvest 407 grams = 14.5oz June 2018
                Completed Grow Journal: Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow Harvest: 289 grams = 10.3oz March 2018
                JOIN US for the DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (starts Aug 11, 2018)

Comment

• shotgun980
                  shotgun980 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  also..i did the transplant ..one had spread nicely throughout the 8qt pot but the other had just roots in half of the pot. that was the sicker one. I know they wont root much but hopefully tjis helps them

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Morning Shotgun, Next time, if you can, start with good quality, neutral ph, soil , that is known to grow good MJ , like RootsOrganic, there has even been alot of good weed grown in FFOF or FFHF. If you start them in good soil, you want have as many problems.
                  Read Nebulas tutorials on how to ph, your water and feed, it's really not hard at all, and good luck, with your plants.

• Campesino
                  Campesino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like you need a better medium (soil mix). Hopefully you used a better mix when you transplanted? At least add some perlite?

You need to be able to water to run-off. You need to improve drainage in your pots so that this doesn't create a muddy mess. You will not have good success otherwise!

I just checked and im 100% sure that 1 of my 2 plants is a hermie. big balls on her now after she started little buds too. im gonna try to get a pic soon ..im disgusted man. what a let down
                Soil FFOF

Comment

• Campesino
                  Campesino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That sucks

• Chefbjy
                  Chefbjy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's the bad thing about bag seeds never know what you're going to get. Atleast you caught it. It's even worse when you're 3 weeks from the finish line and they decide to show male parts. Buds stop getting fat and they start working on seeds. It's a gamble without genetics.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X