No announcement yet.

First grow Special kush #1 / white widow grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok camp I will do that . Went I first mixed the nutes it was 1310 I brought it down to that 600 I had thought to lower to a little but I also wanna make sure it is getting enough nutes to effectively grow . I went with 600 because it was 1/2 dose . I was at 300 which was 1/4 and I figured I could go up at that Increment Every few days . But maybe I’ll cut the increase in 1/4s and increase it every other day instead of every 4-5 days or even 100ppm every other day . I started the increase off very slow and thought I could make larger increases as it was getting bigger .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

I really appreciate all the input from y’all . I know I kinda stray at times but I am listening to y’all and I am thankful for every bit of advice . I tend to be slightly aggressive at everything . And it might be my downfall . I get a lot of different advise between y’all and my friends that grow and the people at the hydro store and I’m just trying to bring all of that together .
      DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Just remember - people at the Hydro store make money off selling you stuff - people here don't. My guess is that's what got you to run those nutes so high so early! That said, I'm sure as long as you don't toast your plant with a space heater like an idiot then you should be all set! (Sorry for my lack of responses the past week or so - back now...)
        Instagram: @farmerjim420
        What is VPD?
        diygrowdata.com

Completed:
        #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
        Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
        In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
        In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
        • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
        • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
        • #diyrdwc
        • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I saw your plants I’m sry that happen to you . I’m glad your back . I get what your saying about the hydro store . I notice the owner is always trying to sell sell sell . Which is why I avoid him . But the other guy there tells me not to buy things more then he tries to get me to . My friend told me to go to 600 btw not the hydro store . He also grows hydro . He didn’t say 600 he just said I could increase my nutes in larger amounts as long as I allowed 2-3 days between each increase to allow the plant to adjust . Either way doesn’t seem to have caused any problem yet.

Side note : kinda cute that today is a clone cutting day on the biodynamic calendar. It being Mother’s Day and all XD . Just thought that was a funny coincidence .

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Also I don’t use space heaters in my tent . I increased the ambient temperature of the room and intern the tent temperature increases. Plus I have like 70+ vegetable plants in my tent right now I wouldn’t have space for a heater either way . Luckily the veg plants will be going into 1 gallon pots and outside to my porch very soon . Other then my one lettuce plant I have in the extra hydro pot . Which is just booming might I say . Once I added the nutes to it , it doubled in size over night . I which my marijuana would grow like that lmao . I’ll post pics below of the 2 lettuce I planted the same day . One hydro one soil . The difference is crazy .

Jim look at the difference it’s crazy . I feel like this lettuce plant really helps show the difference in hydro vs soil because it grows so quickly you can see such a difference in such a short time . These two where planted the exact same day and sprouted the same day . But the hydro is like 4x as big .i wish I had a soil marijuana plant going so I could see the side by side on that , but this really gives the same effect .

Comment

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Ignore my dirty tent XD it was crowded in there had to remove like 20 vegetables to get the pic XD . Need to give it a good cleaning once the veg plants come out .

5/13/2018

SK#1.1 : PH 5.9 PPM 609 start adjusted up to 707 . She ate a nice little bit over night so I raised the ppm up by about 40 from yesterday . Plan to keep these little increases daily if she continues to eat like she is . She is looking healthy and multiple fingers are visible now on her third node . Also I have the first sign of root growth out of the net pot this morning. She seems to be loving her food and showing it in her growth . It is small but visible over night .

WW/SK#1.2 : the seedlings are doing well and showing signs of growth in there 2nd node . WW is still deformed but growing I don’t think this is going to effect her much . One of the leaves of her 2nd nose is smaller then the other on the deformed side of the plant but over all she is looking well all things considered . She seems to be a fighter . SK#1.2 looks very good . Nice shade of green with even healthy growth to her 2nd node . Both of them will be going into the hydro pots in the next few days , once their 2nd node gets more established.

I increased the temp in the room it is now sitting 75-85 in the tent. It was sitting at 81 when I came in . But the room door was open for a little while and the thermometer was reading 77 because the room had cooled a little from being open. I keep my tent open during lights on (because it gets in the 90s in the tent if I don’t ) so 81 is my ambient room temperature with the door of the room closed . I think the 68 of my low is from yesterday it hasn’t reset it’s adverages for today yet . (All numbers refer to photo below)

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          That's great just keep an eye on the res if you don't have a chiller.

Nice beginning !

I still wonder how does DWC work for seedlings if there is no pump.

We have the exact same meters

Comment

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          I think yours is a top deed where the nutes are dripping down . Mine is a bottom feed where oxygen is bubbleing up and the nutes are just wicking up the hydroton

5/14/2018

SK#1.1 : PH 6.0 PPM 718 . My ppm did not decrease today so I left it alone . This may have to do with the higher temp in my tent today , which reached 88 in my lights out . Which is fine as hydro can get up into that 90s range and not have an issue . But I did adjust it back down to the low 80s . Root growth over night was incredible. It was just a small little root yesterday , maybe 1/4 inch out the pot and not it is huge in just one day (pic below). She looks healthy and is doing well .

WW: PH 5.9 PPM 55 . seedling shows signs of growth and I feel like it is growing out of its deformity . Was places in hydro pot today and put back into the grow tent

SK#1.2: PH 5.8 PPM 55 . Seedling shows signs of growth and looks healthy . Was placed in hydro pot and put back into the tent .

all 3 plants in hydro pots as of today. Will increase nutes slowly over the next week to reach 300-400 ppm .

Comment

5/15/2018

SK#1.1: PH 6.0 PPM 730
          no nute increase plant is doing well and current level and is showing a lot of root growth. Will likely increase to 800 tomorrow , giving it one for day to adjust . She is healthy and growing well .

SK#1.2: PH 6.0 PPM 80
          i didn’t not increase this ppm . Likely do to evap or something . Will let them stay at the Ppm for another day . She is doing well . Root was visible out the bottom of rockwool . Has not exited net pot yet

WW: PH 6.0 PPM 80
          one again didn’t increase ppm . Will allow to stay at this lvl to adjust for another day . She is healthy other then the deformity and a slight discoloration of her first true leaves . Waiting to see is new growth will have this discoloration also . So far it looks healthy .

Comment

I can’t get over the root growth in the last couple of days . I’m just waiting for the veg to explode in size next . This root was only an inch out the pot 2 days ago or so and now look at her .

(Full update after lights come back on )

Comment

5/16/2018

SK#1.1 : PH 6.2 PPM 761
              lots of root growth . Even since this morning I have seen a lot of growth in the roots . She looks healthy and I expect to see a lot of veg growth in another few days as the biodynamic calendar ends it’s days of rooting today and starts it’s leaf day on Friday or Saturday . It’s pretty cool to see rooting day on the calendar and then see root growth that accurately coincides . I was a skeptic at first but I have really come to use this Calendar as an accurate source of information .

SK#1.2: PH 6.1 PPM 78
              she is healthy and showing noticeable growth since placing her into the hydro pot .

WW: PH: 6.0 PPM 70
              she is growing slightly slower on the deformed side but is healthy otherwise . Also showing visible growth since being placed in the hydro pot.

Everything seems to to be growing very well . A short drop in humidity over night and temp reached 88 during my dark cycle. But everything looks very good and I cant wait to see them explode with vegetative growth over the next week .

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                The one without the tag in 1.1 and sq1.2 is sk1.2 special kush aka special queen

• Cannabliss
                Cannabliss commented
                Editing a comment
                I meant pic #3, yea, the one without the tag. My bad. She's looking nice and healthy.

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah that’s SK#1.1 she is about a week older then the other 2

WW looks a little droopy today not sure why . Don’t have time for an update right now . Will give a full report tomorrow morning when I get home .

Both SK look good .

Comment

5/18/2018

SK#1.1 : PH 6.0 PPM 845
                she is looking good and starting her 4th node . Color is good and roots have really taken off this week . Upped the nutes a little and changed the res . Hoping to see some good veg growth this weekend as leaf day Saturday after 3pm according to the biodynamic calendar . And expecting I see some more root growth today .

WW: PH 6.0 PPM 135
                changed res and bumped the nutes up a little more . She looked like she was dropping yesterday night but is looking pretty well today . She is standing up straight again and showing visible growth since yesterday. Her 2nd node is a little discolored on the on side but is looking better then the first node .

SK#1.2 : PH 6.0 PPM 135
                she is looking good 2nd node looks nice and color is perfect . Changed res and upped the nutes a little . You can see her growing a little everyday .

Temps are good . Humidity was a little low while I was at work .

Comment

• farmerjim
                  farmerjim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking good! Any plans for training at all?

• DankwingDuck
                  DankwingDuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m not sure yet but I’m not doing anything till about the 6th node . I’m going to use a screen tho like your using . I seen a technique that you just tie the top of the plant down to make all nodes top nodes . No clipping no cutting . Very low stress . I think I’m going to try that out and see how it goes . I’m so afraid to top it because I have never done it before but I’m going to do some more reading before the time comes and pick something I’m comfortable with.

• DankwingDuck
                  DankwingDuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I changed the res yesterday and the 2 smaller ones really liked it . Good growth over night . Check out my update later . They are looking good . And the WW seems to enjoy the extra nutes as her smaller side seems to be filling in a bit.

5/21/2018

SK#1.1: PH 6.0 PPM 804 WT 66

she looks good and if growing well . Roots looked a little brown and limp so I rinsed the roots generally and changed the res added hydroguard diamond nectar and armor si to give it a better defense and just allow it to take in nutes easier . Also added ice packs to my res to lower the water temp . Hopefully it wasn’t root rot but either way I have done everything I can . Time to wait and see .

WW: PH 6.0 PPM 257 WT 65

still has some off coloring but she seems to be growing well . Changed res adding all new nutes and ice packs . No root issue but being proactive.

SK#1.2: PH 6.0 PPM 260 WT 64

lookong good no issues to note . Changed res adding all new nutes and ice packs . She has started rooting out the net pot as of this morning .

I added a humidifier but it doesn’t seem to have helped any . But I’m going to leave it in as it can’t really be hurting it .

Comment

I just read through your journal for the first time, looks like your off to a good start, plants look happy, healthy and on track. Quick question...I see in your last post that you added hydroguard and in your signature it says your using h2o2. Are you using both in your res at the same time? If so I would advise against it as the h2o2 will kill the beneficials in the hydroguard. I use both in my grows but I treat my res with hydroguard and use the h2o2 as an emergency dip when/if I see the first signs of root rot. I’m subbed for the rest of your journey!!
                  Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                    DankwingDuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    as of right now I added the hydroguard armor si (general hydroponics ) and diamond nectar (General hydroponics ) . The hydro for the bacteria The armor si for the silica to add some defense for the plant and the diamond nectar because it’s Humic acid and from my understanding it helps the plant take in nutes . As far as dipping the roots in h2o2 I didn’t know I could do that. I rinsed them under cold water and changed the res . I Read that I should cut away the infected routes but they don’t look bad and I don’t know how much I should cut off there is a nice white new roots growing but there’s only one long route other than that and that’s what infected or assumably Infected I don’t really know what Root rot looks like I just know that my root was not bright white and it looked kind of lamp It had a slight brown tint to it which could have just been staining from the nutes but because they were not bright white I assume that it’s rot . Either way I took the precautions . She never looked unhealthy other than that limp brown tint to the root. No leaf issues and she seems to be growing . Although I prob stressed her a little cleaning her root and messing with her in general . I just checked the ppm and it’s down to 745 which is a good decrease for one day : I can’t remember the exact ppm yesterday but it’s in my journal here . But it was 800+ so it’s down close to 100ppm in one day . Which means she is eating . Which to me is a good sign , because if she was having real root issue I don’t think I would see such a change in ppm so quickly if at all .

Let me know about that dipping the roots in h2o2 you were talking about . Details please . How much h2o2 vs water ratio or is it straight h2o2 (which seems a bit intense but what do I know tbh) how long . I mean any info helps I have never had to deal with it before . Btw I’ll post root pics in my next entry.

• Campesino
                    Campesino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    DankwingDuck
                    FWIW you are asking a great source, and if I was in your situation I would do what Obi-Wan recommends.

• DankwingDuck
                    DankwingDuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Already did it all. 👍

5/23/2018

SK#1.1 : PH 6.0 PPM 747 WT 65

she seems to be doing well . Still no signs of issues on the top end . And lots of new roots have popped up that look healthy . She is eating well and doesn’t seem so should any signs of an issue . Still worried about her but moving forward with a lesson learned Attitude. And if there was no issue then it never really hurts to be save .

WW/SK#1.2 : no change in ph or ppm

these 2 are doing well . SK#1.2 is doing some real growing last few days .with root growth out the bottom of the net pot and nice veg growth over the last few days . WW has been growing also but is definitely the runt of the liter . WW still has a slight leaf discoloration but seems to grow out of it a little more with each node. I have high hopes for her .

Last edited by DankwingDuck; 05-23-2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X