Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to diagnose multiple problems, Please help

Hello All,

I am having trouble diagnosing several problems with my mother plants. This is my first post so please bare with me. I will start with a description of my setup and how I have been operating my grow for several years. (I haven't had problems like this in the past). my grow area is in my master bathroom closet and is approximately 10' tall by 6' wide and 3' deep. The temperature in there stays in the high 70's and the humidity tends to be on the dry side. I have well water and I it is run through my water softener system and have to add some ph down to bring it from around 7.5 to my target 6.2. I also add half of the recommended dosage of Botanicare CAL-MAG Plus Plant Supplement 2-0-0 Formula and Botanicare PURE BLEND PRO Grow Soil Nutrient 3-2-4 Formula every time I fill my water buckets. Every year I grow 4-6 mother plants and take clones from each of them when they are big enough. I started 4 seeds (gorilla glue, og kush, Cinderella 99 and ice breaker) 02/23/18 in rabid rooter cubes in my humidity dome under very low light (almost dark), after the seeds popped and were about a week old I transferred them into 1 gallon containers and put them under my 8 each 6500k 4 foot t5 lights with half of the lights turned off running about 225 watts. I keep the light about 4-6 inches from the top of the tallest plant all the time and I keep the light on 24/7. (I would have preferred to transfer them into solo cups first then into the gallon pots but I didn't have any cups at the time and I felt they needed to be transplanted) with the miracle grow potting soil that had built in fertilizer that "Feeds up to 6 months" (I know this was a mistake but I couldn't source any plain non fertilized soil at the time) one week later around 03/10/18 I turned on the remaining 4 tubes for a total of 450 watts (plants seemed healthy at this point). Around the end of March 03/29/18 I noticed that the plants were very bushy and I had to remove a few large fan leaves at the top of all four of them so the abundance of the undergrowth could get some light. Right around the beginning of April 04/08/18 I noticed yellowing on many of the leaves on all 4 plants (please see pic labeled 04/08/18). A few days later 4/11/18 I transplanted the 4 plants into 5 gallon fabric grow bags with organic potting soil (no fertilizer in it). Between then and now 4/11/18 and 5/3/18 I have tried flushing with just my just ph'd water and no nutrients. Currently the yellowing seems to be getting worse and the stems seem very tough, rigid and rough (not sure how to describe the stems but they do not feel as green and supple as they have in the past). Please forgive the wordiness of this post but I wanted to give as much information as possible. I have done a lot of reading on this site and I can't figure out exactly what my problem is and because of that I'm not sure what actions to take. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Chuck

I’m still a total novice, but looking at your pictures I’d say look up the article about light burn on the main site. I’m wondering if your plants are to close to the light source. I know when I read that article it mentioned similar symptoms.

If anyone else knows better totally chime in. Good learning experience.
    2x4x6 Vivosun. 3gal Fabric Pot. Coco loco & Kind Soil
    Viparspectra 450W
    Aurora Indica (Nirvana) & Shaman (Dutch Passion)

Comment

Do you ph your water before or after adding nutes? You should always bring your ph within range after you add anything. What is the ph coming out? You can use calmag at full strength looks like mag or potassium deficiency to me. Miracle grow really bad. Looks like some of your roots are showing might want to top that off. Could be lockout from that miracle grow.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        i agree on checking the ph coming out, beautiful plants by the way

That giant block of text scared me off, but from the photo I'm guessing magnesium deficiency. https://www.growweedeasy.com/magnesi...ency-cannabis/

Comment

Lol DoctorJohnson about reading! I read something in that post that kinda raised a flag to me..."water softener". Now correct me if I'm wrong, but a softer uses salt to condition the water, salt is bad for the plants?

Comment

• DoctorJohnson
          DoctorJohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, an ion exchange system exchanges Na+ for Ca++, basically replacing what you want with table salt. Bad. Very bad.

And seriously, u2, add some paragraph breaks for some white space to break up the screed.:P
          Last edited by DoctorJohnson; 05-03-2018, 10:58 PM.

Thank you for the Replies. I will check the ph after nutes are added, top off the containers with more soil, and use water straight from the well.

Comment

• DoctorJohnson
          DoctorJohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          If you are running a softener, I'm curious how many PPM you well water is running... Do you have a meter? (~$20) You might want/need to switch to reverse osmosis water if it's too high, or GH makes a special hard water formulation...

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          try catching a little bit of water from the runoff and check ph just to make sure you didnt turn too acidic the soil in the past, with regular phed feedings the soil stays stable but if its too high or too low you should try to bring it to the 6-7 range (:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X