1 light 2 flower rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 light 2 flower rooms

Has anyone ever tried moving a light from room to room on tracks for 12/12 on 2 different crops?

If I understood the question right. That sounds too tedious...
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Moving them by hand every 12 hours... um no, have not done that
      What kind of lights? Always Hot!

Comment

You mean a track (mounted on the ceiling) that runs through the wall with a door to shove the light through?
        "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
        5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
        600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
        Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
        400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
        ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
        13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          You'd have to have some damn fancy lights to make that a better deal than just getting a second light(s)
          But yeah, you could do that. I admit there is a certain elegance to the idea, I just doubt its practicality

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Right, I'd just buy a second light

• Smokesteve
          Smokesteve commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I have soft walls so it would be easy to fold down to slide light across.

Using light tracks to cover a larger surface area of plants, is equivalent to raising a fixture and increasing its coverage. Although you can reduce the vegetation time, the ultimate yield is dictated by the photon flux (light output capacity) of the light source. This is the laws of photosynthesis, more plants do not provide more yield. More light does. Its only when we provide more plants to utilize otherwise unsued light, that we see an increase in productivity.
        Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I think he is talking about getting 24 hour run time during 12/12 lighting by shuffling the light between two flower rooms, on opposing 12/12 schedules. It is a way to maximize returns to the initial capital expenditure (fixed costs of purchasing the light)... but not much else.

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          You know i never thought of that, but then again i use perpetual rotation, which is basically the same thing.

Steve I use a light mover it travels my 1000w hps back and forth in my bloom room they come with about 6 feet of track but they sell extras so you can run track in both rooms put a stop before the rooms and run it in one room for 12 hours then in other room I think thats a great idea amazon has them lightrail mover buy some extra travel wheels not drive wheel on amazon they wanted like 50 bucks for them I found them at indoor garden depot for 8 big difference there good luck and keep us posted would love to see that
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I'd like to see the light set up too if you do it.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dutchman1, I heard that Dutch, I'd rather be able to grow legally, than cuddle up next to my girlfriend, lol
          No joke man, that has got to be an amazing feeling. You are one lucky man.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          its a no worries feeling inside i'm fine

Yes D.A.A.S the whole world is waiting for that day. We are getting there.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X