Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    If u can do the kemo without opioids and survive you’ve done well KF I went thru 6mounths of that shit luckily I had a large grow to fall back on lol

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    It should always be fun, euphoric, joyful--whatever you wanna call it. I hope it kicks chemo's ass!!!

• strainsgrow
    commented on 's reply
    Right On King!!! 😥

• kingfish
    replied
    Been smoking for fun since 1965. Now that I'm 71 years old I'm still smoking for fun, but it just so happen it also works great in reducing the affect of chemo. So I win on both fronts.

Leave a comment:

• strainsgrow
    replied
    Right on alltatup I used to smoke for fun when I was in college but this days I only smoke to sleep since I get insomnia every now and then. Cheers guys ✌

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Amen Alltatup, it's always been great medicine for me and my whole family
    ,it's the kind of medicine that works, and keeps on working, for whatever ails you.

• alltatup
    replied
    I harvest with mostly cloudy, some clear and an amber triche here and there. This is perfect for me with the Indicas I'm growing right now, because I want the high to be very relaxing but without any kind of "couch-lock" feeling. Because some strains smell stronger and begin to produce terpenes much earlier than others, I would never harvest based on aroma. But I can smell the terpenes emerging shortly after I switch to 12/12. I like to rub a bit of trimmed stem or leave between my fingers and smell the terps: it's aromatherapy.

I do everything I can to preserve terpenes by keeping temps as low as I can during the second half of flowering. As soon as I see trichomes emerging, I lower the humidity to encourage triche production, and I keep the temp well below 80 F lights on.

I store the curing bud in a cool, dark place with Bovedas. Gotta treat cannabis with the same care as fine wine and cigars to get the very best out of her. I have an Ardent Lift decarb machine, and I decarb some of the newly dried bud, which makes it smell fantastic. All the bud smell supurb til it's gone.

Finally, I don't think of cannabis as "recreational" anymore: it's all medicinal/ritual use to me now. I stopped getting high with the wrong people (which I did mindlessly in the past); now I try to be mindful of my high no matter what I'm doing. I don't want cannabis to knock me out; I want her to relax and enlighten me.

Bottom line: most folks I know smoke or vape daily multiple times to deal with the stress/depression/general malaise caused by living in this world. I have no idea what goes on in dispensaries or how hard their sell is, and I'm glad I don't have to deal with them. I love growing my own medicine, blending strains, and making tinctures from my own blends.
    Last edited by alltatup; 07-31-2020, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• strainsgrow
    replied
    Medical and recreotional is exactly the same if you ask me. The medical term is just how it was named to make money out it. People on the streets (non growers) dont know any better. Smells good? Most be good shit! Lol

The trichomes tells you everything.

Leave a comment:

• PRIMO
    replied
    I think the difference is which side of the store you buy it from.

Leave a comment:

• Ell
    replied
    early picked weed is speedy feeling. i don't care for it.

Leave a comment:

• steve
    commented on 's reply
    which could mean that the plant is harvested when it's producing essential oils & terpene and not necessarly when the trichomrs are cloudy for high thc. next grow wil harvest 2 week early ? it's about week 6-7 when they smell maybe trichomes are 25-45 % cloudy. maybe that the secret ! have use countless bloom addititives

• desertdan
    replied
    Just my opinion. I think most pot that is grown for sale is grown to smell and look great. Used to be called bag appeal.THC content is secondary to looks and smell.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    Yeah, I'm with Kingfish - my sinuses aren't the best so I smell it occasionally, or if it's really strong or right under my nose - I have people come over and as soon as they walk in the front door they ask if I'm ready for harvesting and I look at them funny and usually flat out say no.

Leave a comment:

• kingfish
    replied
    After years of growing, I don't really smell it anymore. I occasionally get reminded when my daughter comes and visits.

Leave a comment:

• the difference in medical marijuana and recrnational marijuana - the smell

has this happen to you: when in flower stage there is a week or so were the plant really smells of essential oils and terpen's BUT not quite ready for harvest were the trichomes will be a;ll cloudy. Now if I wait till then (about 2 weeks) the smell is very weak, but harvested at the highest thc value. So next time going to harvest when it (plant starts it really smell) it might be 1/2 cloudy and 1/2 clear trichomes BUT the smell will be very strong.. SO medical Marijaua is harvested early during essential,oil and terpens's developmentt. SO pot will be OK high but taste will be out of the world, seem like folks will pay more for smelly pot that dosen;'t have the potency ---even used bloom booster terpinator, Rock, ect. F . so one much harvest when it smells about 2 week early _ thoughts ??? !!!!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X