Blue Mystic Auto Very 1st Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Mystic Auto Very 1st Grow

Thought I should put all of my pictures from this grow into 1 post rather than scattered around in multiple posts like I've been doing.

Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Morning UncleDoug, plants are nice, I've grown BlueMystic auto from Nirvana before, and she was a pleasure to grow, and some mighty fine smoke too, matter of fact some of the stongest smoke we ever smoked, we dont pull the BlueMystic jar out that often.
    Good Luck with your plants.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

So a little history of this grow so far.

Started week 1 nutes on day 2.
      On day 5 noticed round leaves turned yellow so I watered with Ph water for 2 days.

Day 8 started week 2 nutes, all new leaves look great, no yellowing.

Day 14 Transplanted to 4 gal. pot, put in tent under LED at 24".

Day 15, slight light burn, raised light to 48". Started week 3 nutes. Lowered light a bit each day. At day 24 I'm back to 24".

Day 35, Last day watering with Ph/calmag water, no nutes. Started following Camp's grow journal, I was watering about twice a week up until now, she seemed to be growing much slower than other folks auto's, made a post on this and got great advice from Camp to start watering to runoff every day with nutes, WOW what a difference, she started to really take off.

Day 37, I've been watching for pistils and none yet, posted about this and ended up emailing the seed supplier, they said to switch to 12/12, pistils started showing within a week.

So here I am at day 49 and things are going well. the stretch is really stretching, about twice the size now, seeing lots of pistils at the bud sights, well I think they are bud sights, lol. I'll add a picture. I'll update this post at least once a week with pics and problems if they occure, hope not.

Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        uncledoug, your plants look nice to me, my friend. .They sure are slow about flowering though , aren't they ?
        On my last grow my RedPoison supposedly autoflower, went 70days without flowering, she was not even an autoflower, but the nice man from SweetSeeds, sent me a bunch of different free Sweetseed autoflower seeds for the RedPoison that got put out in the woods, lol.
        Your doing a great job with your plants, I hope they turn out great for you.
        Oh yeah, your gonna love the way the BlueMystic smokes and tastes, strong stuff.
        Later, my friend. If you run into something, let us know, sure be glad to try to help you if I can. GoodLuck.

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
      Morning UncleDoug, plants are nice, I've grown BlueMystic auto from Nirvana before, and she was a pleasure to grow, and some mighty fine smoke too, matter of fact some of the stongest smoke we ever smoked, we dont pull the BlueMystic jar out that often.
      Good Luck with your plants.
      Thank you DAAS, I just updated the post with pictures frpm this morning and some history of this grow. Any comments, suggestions would be great from you or others, I have lots to learn.
      Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

I also have a bag seed plant that I got lucky with "It's a Girl". She is at day 70, day 20 after flip. No idea what type of plant she is but looks healthy and is really growing fast in the past week. I'm getting excited now that both plants are growing well and I can see the way the buds start forming.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning UncleDoug, nice looking feet, almost as nice as your plants, what size are they about size 10 ? Jus kidn with you.
          Your doing great. Another month or two, and you will be smoking some of that good stuff.
          I do remember that my BlueMystic, once she really got to flowering properly, she didn't mess around, size of her buds almost doubled every week, and she finished in under 70days. Plus one of the sweetest smelling plants ever. Has yours started smelling good yet ?
          Later UncleDoug.

Feet size 12 lol. Hope they haven't invented feet recognition software yet, could be in trouble. Only time I notice the smell is when I turn off the exhaust when watering or just admiring the plants, I like the smell, wife not so much.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment

A couple of things.
          First, I should have probably told you that if you follow my guide the plants will never stop growing
          Second, Crohns disease is treatable with THC! There was a thread on this and I did some research... https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-dr-john-regan

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to show the wife this study, hopefully she will give it a try, thank you for the link. Before I started following your guide it was so easy taking care of my plants, only had to water once or twice a week, didn't have to go spend $2.99 for bamboo, didn't have to worry if the light needed to be raised, you made life so difficult for me. LOL

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment

Smiling about both issues!

Today is end of week 8 for the BM. I've been tucking the big center leaves but they un tuck within a few hrs. Can I safely remove 3 or 4 leaves in the center? I;m not sure because of it being Auto. Another 2" of growth since yesterday. Soon I will need support up above the bamboo, any recommendations on a good way to do it? Do the plant yoyo's work well?
        This morning I started germination of 2 Northern Light's, I'm going to veg them in my seedling cabinet with CFL's until I harvest the Bag seed and BM. the cabinet is 18"x24"x48" so I should be good size wise and I can add CFL's when needed.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd rec longer bamboo. They sell 6' sections so...
          Yoyos would turn my tent into a marionette stage. Plus the lights would be in the way.
          I am no longer a big defoliator, but agree with D.A.A.S.69 ...you can certainly prune some leaves if they are in the way!

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          BTW a very healthy and robust girl you got there.

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks DAAS, I thought I read in one of your posts that you do that with auto's.

So I removed 4 big leaves from the center yesterday, really opened her up exposing 5 or 6 bud sites. She grew another 2+ inches since yesterday. Going to get some 6' bamboo later today. I only have a couple more inches that I can raise the light to keep it at 18" or so, I've been as close as 15" with no problems so that helps but think I'll have to attach the light directly to the cross bars some how, that will give me another 6" or so. Attached a top view photo to show how the center opened up.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good UncleDoug, just keep taking a few more at a time ,whenever they get in your way, just take a few at a time though, that want slow them down any.
          Big nice healthy looking plants too, good job an good luck, your gonna do fine,my friend
          Raise your light higher if you need to, leds will bleach your buds an sometimes it takes a couple of weeks before you can tell that they got bleached or burned,. Sometimes it shows up pretty quickly.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          I know your struggle!
          We have the same lights (along with many other similarities!)
          Some measurements for you:
          1) My lights are now only 4" clear from the top of the tent - hand test for heat build-up, no problems. My fan is now so high that it helps
          2) The tallest colas are less than 15" from the lights. There are 2 Power Africa Colas and 3 SSH colas in that zone. All are at least 14.25". Those colas have been cropped multiple times and just don't care. They are all not directly below the lights... Plants in the middle grew the tallest.
          3) Average height is 15" from light

Haven't seen any problems yet, but I am aware they may develop. I don't see too many options, so we'll see how this works out.
          Just know, you are not alone

My Bag seed girl. Day 77 Day 27 Flower.
        Today is the end of week 11 and I think she's doing just fine, she's only 28" at the tallest of the colas, I did a lot of LST on her during veg, maybe that kept her height down? Of course the only comparison I have is the Blue Mystic auto, she's more than a foot taller and a lot wider. Any way just wanted to update.

Any guesses at approx. time left to harvest?
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey uncledoug, nice job, can't see very well,, but don't be in a hurry harvesting, worse thing I ever did was harvest early, I'll never do that again.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          At least a month!
          You're on day 27 and probably going till day 60 or so.
          Looks good

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice growing just caught up looks like you got a few weeks yet. Keep up the good grow 😃. Patience.

My guess was the 2nd week in June or so. I wont harvest until you guys say so. Think I can get some nice close up pics at the end using my jeweler Loup attached to my kindle. Getting excited but I can wait till she's ready
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          2nd week of June sounds very reasonable. I plan to be doing some harvesting then myself!

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol I just realized I will be harvesting around then too.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          We should have a harvest party!

I am actually not sure what I'll be harvesting then, but I am sure to have something ready! The Power Africa is supposed to be done in 42-49 days. Not from now, total flowering period! But even if we start the clock at first pistils there just doesn't seem to be any way that is realistic. Then I have a Jack Herrer that could be anything from 56-70 days, two indica plants that will probably be about 63 days and the Shining silver hazes, which I think will go about 75 days.
          Currently Day 38 from 12/12 and day 29ish for pistils

Long distance Party, June 30th 9pm eastern, 6pm Pacific Time. lol
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine will be closer to the 15th I believe.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          LMAO June 30 is the 4th or 5th week of June!
          I think we'll all be done before that... Even my SSHs.
          Party's closer to the 15th ...But long distance??? I was hoping you'd come over to help me trim!

Ok we'll leave the date open until were all ready. Whatever date that is.LOL.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

End of Week 9.
          Another week gone by for my Blue Mystic. She has slowed down on vertical growth, 2" or so in the past week. The colas are filling in. seems slow until I compare a picture from last week. My 2 Northern Light seeds sprouted within 10 hrs of each other and are under CFL's in the cabinet. I'll start a new journal for them soon.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Blue Mystic Day 69, 35 of flowering. Bag seed day 87, 35 of flowering. About 5 weeks left till harvest I suppose. Earlier this week I began to see Trichomes on both plants, another exciting moment for me being the first time growing. Vertical growth has about stopped, colas are filling in nicely "I think anyway".

The Northern Lights are growing nicely at 10 days, plan on transplanting to 1gal fabric pots later this week then to 5gal fabric pots. I was going to use 3 gal pots but watering twice a day is all I can do for now, hope to have an auto watering system in place in time for the next grow. Yesterday I ordered a 2' 4 bulb T5 fixture for the veg closet, will be here by Tuesday.

Bought more coca/perlite this week, I'm on the 2nd round of buffering in calmag. Needed more now that I have 3 growing areas, seedling, veg, and flowering.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds great. And the girls are looking healthy and beautiful

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking real good!

End of Week 11, Day 77, Day 42 of Flowering. All is well for the girls. Got a little nute burn on some of the leaves. Buds are getting bigger each week. Still have to order a EC meter.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking Great uncledoug
            Yes, come-on! Get your meter

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X