No announcement yet.

New Member & First Grow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added a bigger humidifier today. Im sure she'll be happy.
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice setup. That plant will fill it up real good.

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      What kind size did you get?

Paracelsus This one. My setup cant fit anything bigger. Works great though.
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      I need one and it’s not even summer yet

Hope everyone is doing great!

She's recovering from a Phosphorus deficiency which stopped me from switching the lights tonight but she's coming along. I will veg for another week or so to see how things go. Man, watching your plant get sick is actually pretty sad and frustrating considering all the hard work lol. Below a few pics I just took. Hoping for the best! Cheers
    Current Grow

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you think the deficiency was cause by absence/lack, lock-out, or pH?
      It is terribly frustrating! I hope she recovers well!

Hey Campe. Nah my ph is 6.5 in and out. Shes an eater and I was too easy on the nutes.
    Current Grow

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      i just took another look at it and it says "... coco coir gives off large amounts of potassium, witch is readily absorbed and lock out calcium and magnesium; the result is cal-mag deficiency symptoms but with tip and later marginal leaf burn from potassium accumulating at this points. true salt burn comes not from too many ions in the tissue but from a reversal of the osmotic gradient, pulling water out of the plants not moving it into the plant. the fix in coco is to raise the EC, not back it up and leach"

so what i understand is that hes talking about coco because coco is prone to potassium excess due to the plant matter decomposing into nutrients, but it could also apply for any potassium enriched medium like soil. so the increase in EC should be a balanced NPK and calmag solution, high enough to enter the plant cells by osmosis, the problem here is the lack of water inside the plant so you gotta force it in.... this is my interpretation please feel free to disagree haha

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, The K issue in Coco is largely resolved if the Coco is properly buffered. It isn't a result of plant matter decomposing, rather the Colloids in Coco are loaded with K cations naturally, but prefer Ca and Mg. In the presence of Ca, the Colloids in coco will release their K and grab the Ca. But once the colloids are loaded with Ca and not K, it is no longer an issue.
      I certainly understand the issue of increasing doses of CalMag to deal with several issues in Coco.
      The reversal of the osmotic gradient occurs precisely because EC of nutrient solution is too high. Water moves through cell membranes (osmosis) in the direction of higher EC. If the Nutrient solution has higher EC than the concentration of sugars in the roots then water is pulled out of the plant. The only way to force water into the plant is to lower EC
      It is important to remember that water enters the plant through osmosis and the nutrients enter the plant separately through diffusion! High EC encourages diffusion, but limits osmosis.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      thx campesino i now actually understand this, like i said pretty counter intuitive the old jorge haha

Campesino Yeah, I was confused because I use Cal-Mag in all my watering and my PH is on point. Cannabliss told me it might be P deficiency which made sense. I added two tsp of Tiger Bloom and everything looks better already. I also increased the nutrients dosages. This little plant is an eater! This strain is a freaking trooper. She recovers just in a few hours from pruning, defoliation, topping, LST, you name it. I do have perfect environmental conditions on my tent though.

There still a few signs of P issues on the older lower leaves but the new grow looks promising.

You think she's ready for a light switch?
    Current Grow

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, She looks healthy and the right size to flip. The old leaves won't recover, but if new growth is better than issue is probably resolved.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      agree just make sure to stay on top of that calmag def, the minute you start to see those spots in new growth up the dose again

Looking good! Nice thick foundation!

3rd grow
    CFL's for seedlings
    Outdoor DIY Grow Box 4' X 3' X 8'
    Galaxyhydro LED 300w Full Spectrum
    ViparSpectra LED 450w Full Spectrum
    Coco Loco & Kindsoil
    Foliar Essence
    5 gal Smart pot/5 gal plastic pot
    AK-47 feminized - GYO
    Fallen Angel feminized - Devils Harvest

"Changing my thinking, changes my life."

Comment

strainsgrow If the plant is now recovering from the earlier deficiency, then it wasn't necessarily locked out. It was just lacking it. I don't think the older lower leaves will recover though. The damage there is done. I'd just leave them there until they're completely useless, then cut them off. Keep an eye on all the new growth the next couple of days. If she's consistently growing out healthy without further issues, then she may be ready to switch. She's looking good btw.
      Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
      White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Cannabliss JimmyPapaya Cannabliss Thanks guys.

HORRAY I'M SWITCHING LIGHTS TONIGHT!!!!
        Last edited by strainsgrow; 05-04-2018, 03:04 PM.
        Current Grow

Comment

You da man Campesino Those timelaps are bad ass. I should be fine, I have enough clearance and also have a second Scrog on stand by. I'll keep you posted!
        Current Grow

Comment

Happy to anounce that my girl fully recovered from the P deficiency. Thanks to GWE and the awesome members help for that. Shes supper green now!

2 day of flower and she is going strong. Started addin mollases to enrich the soil. Shes already at the treillis hight. THIS IS SO EXITING!! 😂😂😂😂

Current Grow

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Really happy that she’s growing well

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking good. Congrats on the recovery!

Lighting is horrible but my CFL's are not enough to light up for the photos. Was shooting through my UV glasses. Will try to get better images next update.

58 days from seed.
          16 days in flower.

Current Grow

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            Good looking plants regardless (lighting) . Keep it up!!!😊

Despite the fact she completely died on Mothers day due to me been a few days out and heat issue, she's coming a long somehow. Got a few colas out of this one. Cheers!
          Current Grow

Comment

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear about the little setback. Hope you get some good smokes out of her nonetheless.

Man considering all the up and downs im happy so far. Latest pics below... Cheers
          Current Grow

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            absolutely beautiful

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! Very nice indeed! Cheers back🥂

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice indeed.

Harvested during the weekend. Got a decent yield. About two ziplock bags so im happy . Some images below. Now to dry and do next round. Cheers! ✌️
          Current Grow

Comment

• KingKush
            KingKush commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats on the finish! Those buds look frosty, like it's gonna be powerful

Cheers!!! Beautiful bud shots! Very handsomev harvest😊
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X