Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    Paracelsus Interesting bit of info. Thank you for that, mate.

• Paracelsus
    commented on 's reply
    Yes but that’s one method

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    Paracelsus Did that not shock the roots?

• DrPhoton
    replied
    Improved readability and added further information.

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    Paracelsus, results: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...toflower/page2

• Paracelsus
    commented on 's reply
    From what I understand it occurs from a sharp temperature drop in certain strains. Some growers during flowering actually run ice water to bring out the colors.
    How can you grow colorful buds that turn purple or pink? Learn which strains to get, as well as what you can do to maximize color during your grow.

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome, good to know. I actually have not used VPD myself.

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    Of course certain genetics handle environments differently and there is also the aspect of environmental conditioning through phenotypic adaptation. Chandra had follow up studies to asses the genetic aspect of this variable. Which he found similar conclusions with most strains, but definitely found some strains could handle a higher temperature. But he still showed that the ideal temperature range was between 75°F to 83°F. As the strains that could handle up to 95°F, had negative effects in other aspects such as stomatal conductance and respiration.

With my experience outdoors, many strains are negatively affected with temperatures higher than 90°F. Although some do thrive happily up to 95°F

Typically the higher the temperature the higher the photosynthetic efficiency until a certain point. I do agree with you that yes, outdoors does appear to handle a wider range of temperatures. But ultimately we are concerned with the most effective and efficient range.

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    Man i remember looking into this a while back, i cannot remember the conclusion. I think it was a cause of genetics, nutriiton or environmental response. But i cannot say ^.^

• PaganRich
    replied
    DrPhoton Great article mate but I have one question which I`m sure you`ve already answered but I`ve missed....Dark strains need a drop in temp to help the dark/ purple colours develop. Does this occur due to temp drop or is the lack of light another contributing factor?

Leave a comment:

• Paracelsus
    replied
    Originally posted by Weed Pharma View Post
    Great information!
    Environment is most important!

In fact, this led me to do a grow under conditions most would worry/stress over- and in a few days we will get the results on a cold/very low humidity grow!
    Please let me know how that comes out because I’m not sure about my humidity range Fluctuation all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• desertdan
    replied
    Was the chandra study done indoors or outdoors? From observation and experience this is not the case for outdoor. Similar but the temp ranges could be larger. As I have not kept any logs on temp and growth rates I can not be sure but from my experience and observations outdoor grown plants do well in a greater temp range than indoor. My plants seem to grow best when daytime is upper 90s and nights mid 70s.

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    Great information!
    Environment is most important and far too many growers overlook this, by turning to the bottle to increase crops.

I have grown several plants staying within the above VPD guuidelines- I can vouch that the plants grew much better and looked great.
    I can also say, that the outcome in yield/quality was not changed significantly-especially when compared to the time/money involved.

In fact, this led me to do a grow under conditions most would worry/stress over- and in a few days we will get the results on a cold/very low humidity grow!

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    Il definately have a look, thanks para.

• Paracelsus
    replied
    Well I can certainly recommend Teeming with Microbes by Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis which is available online from many libraries. Lowenfels has a series of books on the topic. Mycelium Running: How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World is the sixth book written by American mycologist Paul Stamets. Both authors have numerous videos on YT, including TED TALKS There are quite a few threads on other sites that have enlightened me greatly.
    If I had to pick one as the most authoritative with practical how to applications and guidence it would be No Till Gardening: Revisited on the Grass City Forum. https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/...sited.1400505/

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X