Looking for Help first time grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Help first time grower

Brown spots on leaves of plants. Would like some opinions on what might be the cause. From my reading it could be a Phosphorus Deficiency?
    Last edited by Drekthar; 03-26-2018, 09:40 PM.
    3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
    New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
    Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
    5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

It is way to small to be having those issues. Probably a ph problem

Comment

You need to give us something to go on. What are you feeding it? pH? PPM?

Comment

They look like clones. If so, did they have a good amount of roots coming from under the starter plugs before you added them to the system? If not, then that may be why they may not be taking in any nutes and/or water. Second pic looks like she's either really thirsty or your LED lights are too close. As DoctorJohnson above said, more info would be helpful.
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

I checked Ph last night and it was around 6.8 i dropped it down to 6.2. These we're seeds that i germinated. Ppm around 450 and I am using the nutes that came with the canadian bubbler and added about a 1/2 dose of florablend.

Comment

Further, i am using a MEIZHI 300 watt LED on veg stage only and it is about 15" above the plants. The other small plant is in an aerogarden with a 20w led and i have been varying the height of the light slowly bringing it down.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              if the ph is fine and the nutrients are fine and the temp is fine then all is fine (: haha if you see the little plant doesnt get stronger and bigger then i would raise the lights a bit

9fingerleafs that doesn't really help me diagnose an obvious issue. There must be something wrong.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              What I mean is that being such a small plant those two first leaves could be showing an issue the plant suffered in the past like a transplant shock or smtngh and if the new leaves look fine then there could be no problem at all. It is common one fucks up more than it solves trying to react to a problem. Nothing you will ever do will recover those leaves. You gotta focus on new growth and give it some time (:

I agree with niner. My first thoughts were ph, temp. lights,rh. Check the nutrients again. Use a weak solution for a weak plant. lose the led and get some cfls over it. Less of a learning curve.

Comment

ok i did transplant them from the aerogarden where i started them while waiting for my 2 plant DWC unit. Also did not have the air pup for first week to 10 days. The roots look healthy. I do have a problem with RH as im only at 10%. I ordered a humidifier a couple of days ago so waiting for that to arrive to help with that. I just laid out the cash for this setup so likely wont be switching lights at this time (but thanks for the tip). I live in the arctic and everything has to come by mail and is pretty pricey.

Comment

What stage would you say those plants are at in terms of nutrients required; seedling 350-400 ppm, early growth 1050-1350 ppm, or late growth 950-1400 ppm (these are the stages listed on the FloraSeries nutes)? These are auto flowering plants.

Comment

That low humidity could be the culprit, it can make young seedlings show all sorts of nute deficiency symptoms, also double check that you don't have to strong a breeze on them. Some wet towels in the tent could help a bit till your humidifier shows up.
                  9fingerleaves has a really good point.
                  Organic Soil,
                  with molasses,
                  In a Greenhouse with,
                  Redneck engineering.

Comment

Here they are 6 days later. Ive been doing some LST. There really aren't any tie down spots on the Canadian Bubbler but I will install some tomorrow. Humidifier still hasn't arrived so I started misting them a bit once per day. The problem seems to have cleared up. These sprouted around March 9th so were into day 26. Any suggestions that might help improve the quality or yield. Using GH Trio with some florablend, rapidstart, and floralicious plus. Waiting for my CALImagic to arrive in the snail mail..

Comment

Wow, those are looking way better!
                      Be careful not to spritts them with water for to long into there life, definitely stop by the time you flower, as it could lead to mold problems.
                      That low humidity will start to become a good thing once you start to flower, not as low as the 10% you had, but 40-60% right now during vedge is what you want, then 40-50% during flower, and dropping down to below 40% for the last couple weeks before harvest is the range you'll want. That dryer air later on will improve quality and yield by stressing them in the right way to boost resin production.

I don't know much about DWC, but you can find a wealth of knowledge and more tips to improve quality and yield in the tutorials Nebula and Sirious have, just hit the growweedeasy.com icon in the top right of this page, and you can search all kinds of good info that you want.

Best of luck with your grow! Yer definitely a hardier soul than me, hangin out with the Abominable Snow Man up there!!
                      Organic Soil,
                      with molasses,
                      In a Greenhouse with,
                      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Some new pics from 12May18. approx 60 days from seed.

Comment

• Inuart88
                          Inuart88 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          How far into 12/12 are they. They look awesome

• Drekthar
                          Drekthar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They are auto blue cheese and auto blueberry. just started week 4 of flower

Thats always the best week =D that and week 5 when they start putting all that light and nutes into bud production. I have never had autos. I love to cut clones and not have to start from seed every time. Been working towards a perpetual grow. I think i finally got it all figured out i hope. Thinking of ordering some new strains online but there are so many local seed sellers/breeders i may check out the selection again!

Comment

• Drekthar
                          Drekthar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This is my first grow ever so im pretty happy overall. Biggest thing i see is the issue i have right now where one of my plants is about 1 foot higher than the other and i cant raise it because the 2 plants are in the same container. I have since ordered a couple of 5 gallon bucket DWC's so I can have better control of the plants individually. Also already ordered a new light as my current is only 300 w so i ordered a 600 and my tent is 3 x 3. I was thinking i might separate the 2 plants when my new buckets arrive but the roots are intertwined.

• Inuart88
                          Inuart88 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have never done hydro/DWC always wanted too. You can LST (low stress training) the higher plant and bend it down to even out your canopy. I do this in my grow to get a more even canopy. What kind of lights are you using? Shake the roots till they come loose like tangled head phones lol. but really dont do that =D. Looks like you got some indicas and sativas. You should be very happy with it. I think you got your stuff down just keep up with it =D. My first 2nd and 3rd grow where really good then the next 4 went down hillish went from 14-18oz a grow to 8-10oz a grow. Now problems are resolved and i'm moving forward =D.
                          Last edited by Inuart88; 05-14-2018, 11:18 AM.

• Drekthar
                          Drekthar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just have a Meizhi 300 watt reflector series light.

I did LST and actually FIM'd the taller one which may be why its so much bigger than the other.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X