Run off PPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run off PPM

Curious if I should add some sledgehammer to my plain watering this week. Last nutrient feeding I gave my girls full strength week 3 flower fox farms feeding. PPMs going in were right around 2100, PPMs coming out were nearly 5k on one and about 4K on the rest. I see no signs of toxicity etc they seem happy and healthy but I don’t want that to change either. Run off ph was the same as water going in 6.3. I have the sledgehammer on hand and would just do a regular amount of water to 10-20% runoff. The tested run off was only 5-10% as I barely water to run off on mute feedings I have noticed early run off tends to have a higher ppm than if I check after it’s run off closer to 20. Thanks all.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

I wouldn't flush until I saw issues, if it were me. I have never gotten consistent ppm runoffs when checking, some are more than I put in and some are less. I honestly feel checking runoff ppms is a quick way to gray hairs and being locked up in a mental ward. If no lockout appears I would say you are still fine. Just watch closely if a lockout starts to occur, then plan to flush it. But I think you are alright.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Do people usually go full strength with FF nutes? I go 3/4. Worry about burning them. I also use BeastieBloom too 1/4 tsp....

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey 99, when you use nutrients, that's the only way to tell ,if they are getting to much, is by tip burn, I always, especially when they are a little older an growing good, feed until I see tip burn. Then back off the nutrients. I want them to get maximum feed, and I sure wouldn't be flushing if there is no problems, cause you can sure cause all kinds of problems with flushing, besides it being hard on your plants.
        Good Luck, I'm sure your gonna do just fine.

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are my literall exact thoughts as well. They are paid to make nutes and their feeding regiments. So they have to grow plants to test... If they had dying plants everywhere I doubt they would sell and suggest you do the samething. They would never make any money. Every customer would be 1 and done. Word of mouth happens fast enough now a days that would critically damage a company and their sales.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just to be clear I wasn’t going to do the traditional flush just give them a flushing agent. I believe it’s yucca extract in the sledgehammer and give them the regular amount of water. But I’ll hold off, mainly I don’t want to end up thinking it’s nute burn and it be from salt build up. I think urbz is probably right and I should just put the damn tds meter away. Lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X