Pink LED first grow observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink LED first grow observations

So I harvested my Great white shark plants. A few things I noticed, I never trained or topped them and I never even did any defoliation. What ended up happening was the top buds matured as normal I harvested those. the middle buds matured somewhat normally but they were covered by fan leaves which cause them to be very light colored green and the bottom buds never really matured. So I guess my real Point here is for this strain you must at least top them once to keep the canopy level. Thining out the fan leaves to expose the bud sites will help them to mature together. Lights Marshydro reflector and Marshydro2 together for flowering.
    Last edited by Smokesteve; 03-18-2018, 11:00 AM.

Smokesteve, I must have missed something, somewhere. What do 'pink LEDs' have to do with the grow? Please post some information (and / or photos) of the grow setup.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Smokesteve
      Smokesteve commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe pink LED was an unclear way of describing the lights. I put some information about the brand in after the initial post. Damn I'm not a good poster sorry I should just observe and learn. I just wanted to give what information I learned from my particular grow in hopes that it would help someone with similar lights or strain.
      Last edited by Smokesteve; 03-19-2018, 11:51 AM.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a problem. Actually, at my age, 'jumping to conclusions' is part of my exercise regiment (along with 'patting my self on the back' etc.). I'm not very good at the 'posting' stuff, I some times (more often than not! LOL) post something thinking that it was clear (at least in my own mind) and go back later to see that it was not really what I had intended. I prefer to think of it as growing better weed than to attribute it to old age! LOL!

I think that what you experienced during your grow isn't limited to peeps growing with 'blurples'. Any artificial light source is going to give you those results if there isn't adequate intensity throughout the canopy-just like trying to grow outdoors in the shade. I have grown some 'decent' meds with my old fixtures-I can just grow 'better' meds with better quality/quantity of light .
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X