Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can autoflowering strains (auto Mazar, auto Ultimate) take 60 000+ lux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can autoflowering strains (auto Mazar, auto Ultimate) take 60 000+ lux?

Or 60 000 max?
    First journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

They should be able to. Ive never grown auotos but the light they need should be the same. 60,000 is a good place o be if going by lux.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      LoL. Sounds like my room.. (2) 8 inch fans and (1) 6 inch in one tent with (1) 6 inch exhaust in and (1) 6 inch out. This is just 1 4x4 tent. Im running 2 tents same set. 6 fans and 4 6 inch inlines in 2 4x4s.

• Bartholomew
      Bartholomew commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah forgot about my fresh air intake inline. We clearly need jesus.

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao!!!

I had one up that high. The buds got big and dense and sticky, but the sugar leaves got kinda crispy with the intense light, a little too much heat, and low humidity... I think most cannabis plants don't get as much light as they need, not not enough. Fiat lux!

Comment

Having a light source as close as possible does not provide more energy to a plant, all that does is change where photons land.

See my article on close light proximity for more information.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

• Bartholomew
        Bartholomew commented
        Editing a comment
        Weed Pharma flowering stage. To clarify, i use hps.

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Using lux, 60,000 lux is a great target for HPS. If you find that the light source is too high to reach that intensity and too much light is missing the canopy. Then bring it closer, but no higher than 70-80,000 lux. The higher you can have your light, the better. But only to the point where light is not wasted by missing the intended area.

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Weed Pharma, thats nice to hear. I too get positive results with raised lighting.

Originally posted by DANGERDAN View Post
      Having a light source as close as possible does not provide more energy to a plant, all that does is change where photons land.

See my article on close light proximity for more information.
      Sorry, and not to start a flame war, but although your facts look mostly right, I don't agree with your conclusions.

Comment

• Bartholomew
        Bartholomew commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's what I've also understood from GWE guide. The higher lux the better up to a point with cool temps and low RH.
        Right now my temps fluctuate between 19C - 22C at canopy level, RH fluctuates between 45% - 55% and highest point of lux is around 73 000. Are there benefits in lowering the lights to get let's say 76 000 lux while keeping the temps and RH in check?
        Last edited by Bartholomew; 03-09-2018, 10:43 AM.

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats fine Dr J. I have read books on the subject, spoken to physicists and i am sure of my conclusion. Light physics is pretty clear on how light behaves. Commercial growers know this and have their lighting systems several feet high. If having a light source closer proved beneficial, you could have a lower wattage system really close and have it perform identical to a higher wattage system that is higher up. But you cant.

If you would like to know more, there is a great book by alex ryer that talks about light physics and metric systems.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X