Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted
    replied
    Power came back on some time last night? Just in time for the next nor’easter tomorrow night!!!! Not only that but predicting another one Sunday,this is just duckie.
    going to get more gas today,bouth for generator and for snow blower calling for a foot or more here in jersey,
    the supermarket shelves are quite empty now and am running out of Just about everything.....but bud! U would b surprised at what’s in the pantry to eat when one has too!
    Were talking, Hormel chili, chef Boyardee ravioli, Mac& cheese made with powered milk ( what expiration date?) any thing in a can from tuna to beans. This morn I made johnie cakes no bad at all jiffy corn bread mix made like pancakes. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    U got it right,blue

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks blue,I keep the generator out side on my screened in porch when needed

• bluecanoe
    commented on 's reply
    That's what sta-bil is for!

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I think your right Starramus I should probably pull it out and get it going, it did have a fuel shut off hope I turned it off lol

• bluecanoe
    commented on 's reply
    Be sure to have good ventilation...those generators are life savers but can be life takers too if you don't have adequate airflow. Stay safe and warm!

• BlueBudz
    commented on 's reply
    Shit that sucks! Hope the power is back soon!

• Potted
    replied
    Update, still using my friend mr.genorator to power all. I just have to remember to fill every 8 hours, I made a gas run today only to find that my local station had no power
    eather s#it not my day. I began surching inland hopeing to find a gas station run with a generator backup found one on the parkway. Let the gouging begin the line was long
    and slow with a limited amount avalble to each car $25.00 worth of reg. I was able to fill 2 5 gal. Cans and if it’s still no power tomorrow I’ll do it all over again. Lol

Leave a comment:

• carblevel
    replied
    I'm in southern MA lost my power yesterday @ 2.30pm opened the tent, opened the blinds on two windows to bring in as much light as possible. I'm on 12/12 right now and my lights normally go out at 6pm so at 6 bottoned up the tent and luckily power came on this morning around 4.30am. I didn't get much sleep worrying about my girls. A generator sounds like a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    I hope you drained the gas out of that sucker. I let mine sit for years, and the gas dissolved the rubber fuel line from the tank to the engine. Had to replace it, and then I changed the oil. Is in A-OK shape now. Since the natives (politicians) are getting restless I am sure I had better be prepared.
    Last edited by starramus; 03-03-2018, 01:09 PM.

• RosettaStoned
    commented on 's reply
    I need to do this

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    hey Potted guess I lucked out and dodged the bullet on this storm we got rain and lots of it as I put the truck away in barn I saw the trout pond was back lol. Power blinked off then on about 4 times then it was fine all day . I do have a generator but I haven't started it in years so I probably should fire it up and get it back in shape

Leave a comment:

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    I couldn’t agree more Potted!!! I’m about 45 minutes south of Boston and my power went out at about 8pm last night. I’ve had the generator running almost 10 hours now with no issues. I invested in the conversion kit so I can run it on natural gas. Anyone looking into an affordable option should check out Harbor Freight’s 8750/7000 watt model, you can normally get it for about $500 and it’ll power a small house. I know HF isn’t exactly known for quality but I’ve had mine for 6 years and have used it for 288+ hours in that time.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    Yeah, potted, stay safe and warm!!!!! That storm is really wreaking havoc.

Leave a comment:

• Deadhead91
    replied
    Stay safe and good luck

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X