Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrStoker
    commented on 's reply
    GBAUTO, what strips did you use on your hack? Back to thinking about building my own light from strips.

• gbauto
    replied
    Welcome, doxie.
    Your Mars is approx. 150w of actual power consumption. If you're using a similar style '1000w' fixture, it may only use 250-350 watts. That being said, you will need to add a little height initially to allow your plants to acclimate to the added light levels. I have an old King '1200w' fixture that runs 300w that I hacked with some better light strips. It absolutely will crush a closet grow-did a nice auto over the winter that yielded almost 6oz.

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    If I was you ,I'd use cfls the first week or two. It's alot safer, until you know the right height for your led.
    Never used my leds on seedlings before, seedlings don't need much light to begin with.
    That 300watt will be close to 20-24inches, if they still stretch, lower it a couple of inches an keep an eye on your plants.
    And GoodLuck

• doxiedaddy69
    replied
    Hey guys, I am starting out seeds and they are stretching way too quick, I have the 300 w led on right now and I am about to add the 1000 watt led tonight. I CANNOT remember what the heights should be for seedlings? Thank you in advance

Leave a comment:

• DoctorJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by doxiedaddy69 View Post
    Thanks doc for getting back so quickly, do you think going from the 300 watt up to 1000 watt for flowering will be ok?
    Yeah! Your plant will love it! Cannabis loves light, and that much more light can be the difference between just a pretty green plant and big sticky buds.

Leave a comment:

• doxiedaddy69
    replied
    Thanks doc for getting back so quickly, do you think going from the 300 watt up to 1000 watt for flowering will be ok?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by doxiedaddy69 View Post
    do you think it will help with yields or cause other issues?
    More light will definitely increase the quantity and quality of your yield. As for "issues," be sure the 1000 watt light is far enough away so you don't blast her.

Leave a comment:

• doxiedaddy69
    started a topic 1000 watt led

1000 watt led

hi everyone, I have a question about leds. I have a Beautiful gorilla glue #1 and it has been under a mars hydro 300 watt led with lst training, she is by far the most beautiful plant I have had! Today I will receive my 1000 watt led. This is my question, she has been under the 300 w since seed and vegetative growth, I want to put her under my 1000 watt light for flowering! She will be inside a 2x4x5 ft grow tent with carbon filter, fans etc. do you think it will help with yields or cause other issues? Any thoughts will help! Thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X