Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which off the shelf Aeroponic cloner do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which off the shelf Aeroponic cloner do you like?

Shopping for a ready made cloner. Clone King 25 site is linked from Nebula Haze's cloning page. I can get that new off EBay for $80 incl. shipping. But, I don't really need 25 sites. Most I can foresee at this point would be 6 - 8, especially with promised 100% success. At the other end, there's an adorable little 7 site cloner for $30. In between are a few that would give me ~20 sites for $60. What I want is whatever works really well.

I think that there are two basic kinds, 'air bubbler', and 'mist'. From what I've read so far, the mist seems the best. In the end, compared to the value of the medicine I'm growing, $50 bucks more or less is not a big deal, but of course, I'll be happy to pay less if it's going to work just the same.

My first attempt at cloning using just a humidity dome/tray with Rapid Rooters, was a success. 6 of 7 made it, and grew a nice crop for me. Next attempt, not so much, I got roots on only one of 7. That is now a healthy 'mama' plant, but the 10 cuttings I took from it have been in the dome for 10 days in Jiffy peat pellets (I tried to follow the protocol from Mr. Green's page on this site this time), no roots, and the cuttings are looking pretty spent by now.

So, it's well worth it to me to buy something more 'fool proof'. Lot's of DIY stuff in the forum, but I'd rather just get something ready made for a few bucks more.

I'm cloning AC/DC to make high CBD RSO for my wife's Parkinson's. Growing in soil. First generation was 6 clones purchased from local dispensary. Second was cloned from those right before switching to 12/12 flowering. Third was the one 'mama', and 4th are the 10 from that are currently struggling in the humidity dome. There's plenty of material left on the 'mama' to start over, which it looks like I will need to do.

Lighting for the clones is a 55w (actual input) Fluorescent 'sun' lamp that was designed to 'cheer up' folks with Seasonal Affective Disorder (being depressed during the winter).

A related question: Transplant rooted clones that are in rapid rooters into soil is really easy, and hardly disturbs the new plants at at all. With the cloner, there are just gonna be roots hanging down. How tricky is it to get those into soil with as little shock to the plant as possible? Seems like you'd want to not wait for the roots to get very long in that case.

I bought a 6 bay myself with bubblers for cloning I couldnt see needing much more either. For what youre planning either should be fine. you are not fully growing the plant in the bay.

heres a vid for transplant. its super easy.

~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• jalapeno
      jalapeno commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks UrbZ, That was both helpful and hilarious (the ending).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X