Carbon filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon filter

Are i power carbon filters any good? I was lookn at the phresh filters and they cost almost 3 times as much as one from appollo horticulture are they worth it? Should I just go with Apollo?

When it comes to the carbon filter, I think you know the answer. I can vouch for phat filters. I've ran the same one for 4 years. It's the 12" inlet 46" tall. It's still going strong. A pain in the ass to move, but you can't argue with 4+ years for $200. They use a 2" thick layer of carbon. It's not going to wear out anytime soon.

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes tht is what I want i will pay more if it is worth it thanks for the info

I-power may get you through a cycle or 2 but I doubt it'll last as long as a phat.

Comment

As long as the filter is not riveted so u can reverse the ends making it last twice as long. Replacing the carbon it could last as long as u want ! My2c

Comment

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        Black diamond, on amazon

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome thank u

• cyberaktif
        cyberaktif commented
        Editing a comment
        even if there is a rivet you can drill out the rivets and switch ends and re rivet back together. could even re fill with new carbon i would imagine

I have the i Power filter
      So far, I am happy. No smells outside the tent, despite lots of smell inside it. My air is filthy and have had to replace prefilter 3 times, but have not yet had to reverse flange. I am only expecting it to last 1 maybe 2 grows, but that is because I live in smog and pollution.

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I use small fabric pots as intake filters too. I have also had to change them, but with more success washing.
        Should clarify my original post, have changed prefilters 2x (am currently on #3)

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Camp, do you live there because of your job ? That's got to be tough, having to constantly breathe that nasty stuff, do y'all wear masks. ?
        If you got young kids, I'd gather them up , an haul ass, out of that area ,as fast as I could, I know that might be hard to do but y'all better be trying to find some half way decent air to breathe, ever time I see the news an Japan or China is on, seems like they all be wearing masks, that's some scary stuff to me.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        D.A.A.S.69
        Yes, we have the kind of careers where you have to be willing to live where you get a job rather than get a job where you live.
        The plus is that we can literally walk to work. Well, on two days a week I have to commute across the entire metropolis, but my wife stays walking distance the whole time. No kids, and hope to get out of here within few years. There are several million people who choose to live here... The weather is nice...
        I grew up in the mountains in Colorado, and we have plans (dreams) to eventually split time between a cabin in SE Alaska and and a Casita in Panama. Living in urban sprawl is not my idea of paradise.

So we have an idea of what I am talking about

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey 99, did you get to meet NeilYoung, a the guitar camp ?? I can't stand f-ckin pollution, horrible,

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        No but I did meet Robby Krieger and victor Wooten

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey 99, that's great, it would have been wild if the LizardKing, would have been there,

Ho-Le s#;t Batman that’s some thick air u got there Camesino.

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Purchasing a new one for $8 seemed like the way to go...
        It pretty much freaked us out the first time. We knew the air was bad, but...

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank goodness, you ain't got young-uns, breathing that sh-t. They would possibly be sick all their life. The idiot we got in there now, can't even spell ,environment. Lol.

emviroment

Comment

I understand covering the filter top half with plastic wrap does the same as reversing the flange

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          Hay wait a minute, I thought u dident know nuthin?

• St.buds
          St.buds commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool ima do tht to mine tell i can get new one

I didn't know you could swap ends on the carbon filter, but it was super easy to do, and now I've got a good filter again, thanks for that great information Potted
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          Sometimes thay don’t last quite as long !

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well thanks Potted, im gonna get a new one fore to long, but it sure is working good now,.

• St.buds
          St.buds commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait so how can u swap ends? I dnt get it

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X