No announcement yet.

Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

campesino_ Got the EC meter_thanks. So I measured the EC and TDS for all plants and they were pretty much the same_This was last Saturday. It ranged between 800-900 TDS and EC about 1.1-1.4.
    since I just started flushing them yesterday I started lowering the TDS/EC and am going to plain water for the last 4-5 days. Anyway the Cookie Wreck has always looked like its suffering from nutrient imbalances and or root issues but I can't figure out why. It's coming down in 5-6 days so it won't be long till we find out how much spunk she has_ sometimes the little ones can surprise you!
    And whatever has been causing her struggle is never gonna get "fixed" within that time anyway.
    Here are a few photos so you can see what I'm talking about_

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      ZigZag You have placed your finger squarely on my next challenge! I still don't know!!
      I am happy to generally run them all at a compromise EC. The Indicas could go higher probably, but they are happy at the lower Sativa level. I massaged them all onto the same Late Bloom nutes now, but Power Africa is going to need to transition to lower EC "Ripen" nutes soon, and I have not solved that yet.
      I can turn off the drippers to individual plants and hand-water, but I can't do that as frequently as the auto-water.
      In the future I will work to grow all the same flowering period and relative nute needs... Unless I solve the different water issue. Hope to avoid running separate tank, pump, and line.
      I think about this often...

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, no kidding....why are we so set on making things difficult by growing different strains at the same time?.....Well....we just love the variety and the challenge, right?
      Plus its just nice to see what different strains can do, especially ones that aren't available in dispensaries yet because they are first generation, have won recent awards and sell out really fast. I'll be waiting to see what you come up with regrading those watering issues. I'm gonna have to harvest the present crop within the next week and won't be able to start another until August so Maybe you'll have that by then?! Cheers...

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      ZigZag
      In August for the dark harvest grow challenge?!?
      Think about it!

Thanks_ yeah I like the colors and density too. Just a few amber trichomes so am going to let her go another 5 days and then probably take her down. This plant has had a hard go of it- she started out getting some bad damping off soon after transplanting to the 4 gallon, then started to heal fast but had these weird twisted dark green leaves often turned up dosing the edges_ tacoing_ as they say. But she made it!

Comment

tried everything too_developed way different than the others with the same everything....maybe it has something to do with genetics_ the blueberry/gorilla glue parentage? I think it was probably_ mostly some nutrient issue that could never be resolved....still have a few of these seeds so I'll see what happens the next time!

Comment

Oh..hey y'all..yes actually I wanted 10 or more but was afraid of an "azalea" going on..alas..only the regular ones..I built a two chamber walk in closet..6 months to get it right. But the light these two throw with the reflectiveness of the foam..they would have to be abducted to get more crazy light..but there's plenty of room.. maybe..the experimentation goes forward..I was trying to upload from my images..I'm not PC savy

Comment

Day 82 Flower Day 39
          Since setting up the drip system the lingering concern I have had is that water may not be distributing properly through the coco and allowing dry (salty) areas to form. It seemed wet on top everywhere, but there are only two drippers in each pot.
          My concerns increased when I thought there might be slight tip burn on a couple plants. My EC is low really, so I shouldn't have issues and I know those plants numbers are good. So I thought that water might not be flowing adequately.
          I decided to hand-water tonight at Lights on. That is the only fertigation that aligns with a tent access time. I mixed nutes at same EC and focused my watering efforts on the areas far from the drippers. Almost immediately I could tell my fears were unfounded. The coco there was just as wet as everywhere else.
          I let a bit of run-off clear the lines and then I took samples.
          EC in was 1217
          Run-off:
          1: 1217
          2: 1236
          3: 1285
          4: 1331
          5: 1191
          6: 1414

Basically, a whole lot of nothing to see. Even #6, the Dosidos clone is fine at 1414. It was #1 and #4 that seemed to be possibly burned tips, but if they are burned, it must be lights or wind, or possibly fire... it isn't EC.
          So, Back to Auto-fertigate, which after this little concern has been relieved is again going amazingly well. Those run-off numbers are making me happy. I never could maintain that tight range with hand-watering twice a day. And having had to hand-water again tonight I was reminded of just what a PITA that is...
          I am going to continue to raise my inflow slowly until run-off numbers are closer to 1500. I will be able to add a full tsp of KoolBloom it appears.

There is still a bug to work out amidst all the auto-fertigate euphoria. As ZigZag raised earlier, I need a plan for putting the girls on different nutrients, because they will not all mature at the same time... Not even close. I have kicked the can on this by compromising them all onto a late bloom blend, but Power Africa will need to segue off of that soon. I really have not figured that out... Nothing seems both easy and effective.
          A second drip system???
          I do have plenty of hose left over and it is a dual outlet timer...So for a second system, All I would need is a pump, more drippers, and a res (but could use a 5 gal bucket in a pinch).
          The biggest problem there is I already went over budget on the first system... I don't know how I can explain to my wife that now that I have one drip system it means that I have to get a second one. There is a limit to the shenanigans she will tolerate from me

BTW, I posted the EC section of my Coco guide as a stand alone thread today. I tried to update it and make it relevant to growers in all media: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...u-need-to-know
          Coco/Perlite 50/50 with 4x DAILY Fertigation
          4x4 Tent, 2@ Viparspectra 450 Reflector Series LEDs
          GH Nutes including: Flora Trio, CALiMAGic, Rapid Start, Armor SI, Liquid KoolBloom, and Diamond Nectar.

Completed Grow Journal: Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow Harvest: 10.3oz March 2018
          Current Grow Journal: Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow #2
          Check out my Guide for Growing in Coco
          JOIN US for the DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE!

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, I just posted these pics on another thread as a warning for a grower talking about doing 6 plants!

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I feel like 4 plants in a 4x4 is perfect they have room to not space each other out. I suspect yield wise you end up nearly the same.

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I intend on upgrading to a 5x5 though before I grow again. My reflector is 8” tube and 40.25” wide. The ducting gets kind of crunched and I think that is causing my temps to run a bit higher than I’d like.

Day 84 Flower Day 40
          I really like what is going on inside my tent! The colas are developing long and dense... Much better than my last grow (with different methods). I am excited to see how much better my final yields are. I feel pretty optimistic about 1 gram/watt... That's supposed to be the limit, right?
          The tent is amazingly fragrant too. Still not getting smell outside the tent, well I smoke in here, so maybe hard to tell... But when I open the tent the smell is so strong that it literally makes me hungry. Smells like fruity deliciousness. I think Power Africa is contributing, but I also think the three in the back, SSHs and Jack Herrer are responsible as well. The GG4 I was growing last time was kind of acrid, so this is just beautifully pleasant.

I still have not determined how to deal with different plants needing different nutrient solution... I think a second system is out of the question...I still have about a week.... Power Africa Fast advertises herself as 6-7 weeks. I am assuming that is from Pistils and shooting for the 7 weeks, which sets her for being done around Flower Day 59 (from 12/12). It is currently FD40 and I need to start working her EC down for "Ripen" by FD47 at the latest. The rest should stay on higher EC late Bloom for another 10 days past that. Actually, as Power Africa is done, The Indicas should all move to Ripen nutes, but the SSHs could stay at Late Bloom for yet another week. Argh, That is about 17 days of plants needing different solutions... Hard to justify a whole system for 17 days... Hard to figure out other solutions...

Now that they are still all on Late Bloom I continue to increase inflow EC. Up to 1225 yesterday and 1250 today. Run off is all below 1400!!! Up to 5ml/Gal KoolBloom to get to EC target. Going to 1300 over next couple days, as long as run-off remains good.

Took some pics of each plant this morning to share. Try not to chuckle at the Dosidos clone, she's sensitive! Poor little plant never had a chance, starting late and going up against the power(house) Africa! The Caramel Kush should have had a better chance, and is doing better than the Clone (Dosidos), but she just couldn't keep up during the stretch. The three in back are all doing great, but I can only really take pictures of them from the top. All these plants are 45"-49" tall!
          GH Nutes including: Flora Trio, CALiMAGic, Rapid Start, Armor SI, Liquid KoolBloom, and Diamond Nectar.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Tika
            How long do you expect those to run? I have another 40-45 days or so for my SSHes

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            I go til the fat Lady sings. No amber but opaque trichomes. The veg for this grow went longer than usual due to sexing and selecting structure. Til the end of the month for sure...Just gotta watch them.nLEDs tend to finish a week earlier for me but just going day by day.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            I have till mid June so pretty close.

DANGERDAN
          This is the info that they provide. I have two identical lights.

Most Colas are now 15", a few that are not directly under are closer than that.
          Appreciate any thoughts you may have...

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Locrian99 If you hit .7 then you'll get at least 15oz, which is certainly respectable!
            At .75 you'd hit a pound!

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Campesino I’m at 7oz from the 2 GSC just got that WW1 hanging. I’ll have no problem hitting 8 oz from the two wonder woman I was thinking I’ll be around 10-11 from the two WW, we’ll see in 3-4 days.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool! you are doing great!
            Hope they're at least 9 so you top the pound!

Just now noticed your topic. Nice setup and plants Campesino.
          Cannabliss - Just Grow It

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Cannabliss Happy to have you follow

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            Anytime my friend. They look so "luffy" with all them juicy trichomes everywhere lol. Like it snowed on them or something.

Day 85 Flower Day 42

Everything is humming along.

I am planning to be gone for a little over 2 days for Mother's Day. I am going to be absent for 8 fertigations! I am feeling pretty good about it. Actually more concerned about climate control than fertigation!

If you aren't following the Dark Harvest Grow Challenge, you may not have heard that my seeds arrived today. I am very happy
          They were cool about it and there were no hassles. All the correct seeds were included, and I am set for the challenge. The package was truly stealth and it took time, work, and creativity to liberate my seeds. They sent a "Bitcoin Bonus Bundle" which included 8 seeds... 4 of them are AUTOS! Huh... Autos... I had thought about doing autos at some point just for the experience and comparison. Guess I got the seeds now.

I thought I'd see if anyone wants to play "Name That Cola!"
          3 cola shots from tonight. I drew numbers on the pictures in case the scrolling goes wacky.
          Your choices are:
          Shining Silver Haze
          Jack Herrer
          Caramel Kush
          Power Africa Fast
          Dosidos (clone)

Only 3 are pictured - all three pictures are different strains... Name that Cola!

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            So I picked the right 3? How'd I do with the order? You can pm me so others can take a stab at it 😆.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Chefbjy Game over - You win! (the competition was not very stiff )
            You got the first two reversed. And mis-identified the "indica", #3.
            PA and the SSHs look pretty similar. So it was good guesswork. The PA is now bulking more though as it only has about 2 weeks till reported harvest time (10-17 days actually for harvest window... we'll see)
            #3 is JH, Shorter than others, but with beautiful dense buds.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha yeah I switched my answer at the last minute. They do look similar 2 out of 3 not bad 😆. They look grand Campesino!

Day 89 Flower Day 45

The girls continue to do great

I am learning some things about the drip system and getting it dialed in. I feel almost ready to post about it, but want to make sure I have figured out all the issues first. I had a long chat with an absolute expert at the hydro store the other day. I was pretty impressed with his knowledge and the fact that he really wasn't trying to sell me stuff. I thought I would need to add Hydroguard, and was there basically to get that. He suggested that instead I should just use H2O2 and it would save money. I was also interested in surficants. I explained that I used SM-90 for a surficant during veg, but don't use it during flowering. I asked him about Wet Betty, a crazy expensive surficant with the edgiest marketing out there... He advised that I skip Wet Betty and continue using SM-90. He said there are no issues in using it as drench during flowering and that it will also help keep the tank clean.
          I am pretty sure that SM-90 is my secret weapon during Veg. I add it to all water from week 2 through the flip. It is a surficant (wetting agent: breaks the surface tension of water), it inhibits harmful bacteria, promotes root growth, increases water flow into the plant (allowing higher EC fertigation), and it smells good. Its role as a surficant is what I am primarily interested, but the rest is certain;y good as well. I highly recommend adding SM-90 to your nutrient solution... Very little impact on EC, it is quite alkaline though... I use it as pH up during Veg!

My buddy came down visiting from the Bay area last night and was impressed with my plants and Buds. I sent him home with close to an oz and now have to go visit next month to get his grow room set-up properly. Nobody in my normal life here has any idea that I grow or smoke, aside from my wife... So he was the first outside "expert" to sample my buds! I was very pleased with his reaction

It is day 45 of 12/12 and day 36 since Power Africa developed Pistils. She is supposed to be a 42-49 day flowering period, but come on, her buds look several weeks to a month from harvest...not 7 days! I am leaving to visit my Mum tomorrow and will keep her on the same Late bloom nutes until I get back. I am then going to have to revert to hand watering her for the rest of the run - dammit - hopefully not too long, but then there will be other complications that will require more hand-watering of other plants. In the future I am going to make sure that the flowering periods would be aligned... I didn't expect to have auto-drip on this grow, though, so I don't hold it against myself

Colas on most of the plants are developing long - like "colas" (it means "tails"). Only a few of my colas on the last grow really developed long dense buds (buds were dense, but not long)- but many of the colas on these are about 10 inches long already! I think most of the credit for this is the lack of defoliation. I am very certain that I will not "defoliate" plants ever again... (Thanks DANGERDAN ) I do prune the occasional leaf and I certainly lollipop, but I have almost all of my canopy fan leaves - am struggling with high humidty - but growing much longer, denser, better, buds. Obviously defol is not the only difference, but I do give it a lot of the credit.

I hope that all your plants are happy

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally looks like the ssh so I'm thinking that mix up is totally logical.

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn’t it great showing off your buds to your buddies. I’m dying to get this stuff cured so I can compare the bud from seeds to the clones I grew before. All my friends raves about the clone stuff, I’m really curious to see how the seeds compare. I’d love to do a side by side grow of one of two of my buddies GG4 clones and two GG4 seeds. I know nirvana has the strain now. Anyways. Looking forward to seeing the details on the drip system. Another thing I’m looking forward to in the future, I already told the wife when I set up the tents again they’ll be some upgrades.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Locrian99 Yeah it was fun! He was impressed... One of my oldest friends

I am going to post a little update on the drip system - Really happy with recent changes!

Four Points of Auto-fertigation

So, after a beautiful start, I started to develop a couple of issues with my auto-drip system. For one, the tank started to smell like a fish tank and the lines and pump developed a thin layer of slime. I caught it very early and the plants never suffered. As I discussed above, this has been addressed with a thorough cleaning and pump soak with H2O2. I am now adding 2.5ml/gal of 29%H2O2 to my tank. I am also back to using SM-90 also 2.5ml/gal.

The second issue has always been on the horizon... Water distribution. I am concerned that the coco far from the drippers is able to accumulate salts because water isn't flowing through there, just wicking in and drying out repeatedly. Plants have otherwise unexplainable tip burn. It isn't bad, but it shouldn't be there based on the numbers I am putting in and getting out. So the issue is likely water distribution.
          I do think that the aforementioned SM-90 will help the water spread through the coco, but I decided to upgrade each pot to "four points of fertigation". In the pics you will see the new layout. Much less of a rat's nest! I just cut each line, added a 1GPH in-line dripper (pictured), trimmed the line and re-attached. Took a total of 45 minutes to install all 12. I ran it manually for 2 minutes once it was complete and am very happy with the results!

Yes, they are going to increase amount applied at each event, but it doesn't seem like much because I am limited by the pump. Furthermore, I need to increase the amount applied. It has been a really crazy small amount at each event. Before the new drippers, the last 5 events only drained 4.5 gallons from the res. That is less than a gallon per event and less than three gallons per day. Every event produced run-off, and the surface coco all stayed moist, but I don't think it had been thoroughly soaking the coco all the way around.

Great timing: New drippers installed tonight and I leave tomorrow and will be gone for 8 fertigations.
          After seeing the new drippers slowly drip and the old drippers perform as per usual I am content. My only concern is drain bucket capacity if they do dramatically raise run-off... Before new drippers, 8 events would have produced about 2 gallons - drain capacity is 5 gallons. Consequences of overflowing the drain are severe!

So, Four Points of Auto-Fertigation:
          1. Have four points of auto fertigation (you know...per plant)
          2. Use 29% H2O2 (2.5ml/gal) to fend off bacteria
          3. Use SM-90 for about 7 different reasons, 4 of which are relevant to auto fertigation: 1. surficant prevents drippers from clogging; 2. surficant helps spread water through the media; 3. antibacterial; 4. tank will smell so much better than fish!
          4. Make sure your drain bucket is big enough

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Drip upgrades are working great through first three Fertigation Events. Run-off is minuscule though - Despite increase in water applied. More water is going in, but it is soaking into the coco as opposed to just running out on each side. Run-off is too low and I am leaving town right after the next fertigation.
            I am seriously considering increasing to 4x daily - despite leaving town! The Res can handle it. I decided I had better increase the capacity of the drain. Did so by tethering two buckets with vinyl tubing and rubber grommets. I put the connecting tube right near the top of the buckets, so if the main bucket fills to the 4.75 gallon mark then it will start flowing through the line and into the second bucket. I'll post a few pics before leaving.

If I go to 4x that means I will be gone for 11 fertigations... About 1 gallon/per... I have 14 gallon tank... Drain can hold up to 4.75 gallons (tested) / 10 gallons (untested)... I'd expect run-off up to 5 gallons MAX (probably closer to 4)... I think I am doing it... I am a little nervous

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you looked into those water ring things instead of the drivers? I’m sure they are more costly.

Time Lapse: Flower Days 34-46

I moved the camera to the top of the tent prior to FDay 34 and finally got it taking decent pictures by FDay 40.

Overall I am very happy with the cola development. However, I am growing concerned that the Power Africa may be Fox-tailing on a few colas that are closest to the lights. I highlight the tallest cola, which appears to be fox-tailing... especially in the fastest GIF. It is 13" from the lights now.

I cannot raise nor dim the lights. It is also hard to imagine how I could crop the colas down. Your thoughts about the possible fox-tails and suggestions for remedial actions (if you feel they are necessary) will be greatly appreciated!

THREE SPEEDS
          1. SLOW 400ms/frame
          2. MEDIUM 200ms/frame
          3. FAST 50ms/frame

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I enjoyed reading the descriptions again and comparing my plants to the photos... But alas, nothing about fox-tails and the pictures posted don't seem to be.

I am working to keep it cooler anyway, which shouldn't be a problem while I'm gone because weather is slated to be cool.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            My weather is going to kill me getting hot here. But if there's nothing on the genetics it's probably heat. Glad it's cooling down for you. Did you read if it's prone to heat stress as well or has tendencies to herm? Since you didn't get the fast flowering strain you might want to watch it. Don't want those calyx popping out nanners. Some strains can be more prone but think the worst of your worries would be bleaching. Have a good trip.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Chefbjy
            Yeah, heat killed me here for a couple weeks (hence the issue?!?) but has eased off and we decided to try Spring for awhile.
            I'm not ruling it totally off the fast list, But it certainly isn't as fast as advertised! She isn't stressed otherwise and consistently has the lowest EC run-off numbers (suggesting health). She grows like crazy, so maybe this is part of that... the description is terrible - very little specifics on growth characteristics. I still absolutely love the strain though. She's like growing a race car
            I am all over the heat issue and running with that because if it is a problem, that is the only angle I can actually work on.

Day 93 Flower Day 50 "Back From Visiting Mum!"

All is Well!
          But... I had a bit of a disaster as I was leaving town...

I planned to leave Saturday night right after the 930pm fertigation at lights on. Its a 2 hour drive down to their house, so I had hoped to get there around midnight. I had set the timer for 4x daily and that meant I would be gone for 11 fertigations! I had been using less than 1 gallon per event, but then I added the new drippers. My tank holds 14 gallons, so I figured I had better leave it full. I had water ready to top off the tank after that last fertigation before I left town.

I had never put more than about 8 gallons in the tank in the past. I filled it almost to full prior to that last fertigation with no issues... Until the fertigation event.

The event itself was fine, the new drippers are really helping to distribute the water and run-off appeared in all saucers at about the same time, just as the pump turned off. The pump turned off, but the water didn't stop flowing... Didin't even slow down... It was siphoning off the tank - which for the first time had a level above the surface level of the pots.

Panic

Epic disaster was averted by good fortune rather than quick thinking! I just stared at the drippers dripping, wondering what on earth I was going to do. About 2 additional gallons had been applied to the plants before I sprung into action and started removing water from the res. I pulled out 3 gallons and the drippers stopped. My good fortune is that I cannot over-water the coco and my drain system was more than up to the task. Total run-off from that "event" was 2.5 gallons!

Now I am supposed to already be on the road...

Once the drippers stopped, I tried adding one of the gallons I took out back... The drippers started dripping, albeit slowly. I estimated there was about 8.5 gallons in the tank at equilibrium.

3x daily would be 8 events... Cutting it awfully close... Re-program the timer for 3x... Empty the drain... Hit the road at 11:30pm... Wondering when the tank would run dry ever since!

Being worried about the res running dry is better than being worried that the drain is going to overflow! I figured that about the worst that could happen is I damage my pump. I knew it would last through most of it, and that the girls could survive a missed event, or even two with TLC on the back end. I thought the pump might burn out though. I really wasn't worried about the drain, I left a 10 gallon capacity drain and only 8.5 gallons in the res!

Watched the girls on my camera while gone and they looked happy, but I couldn't see the drip system or know about the res levels.

Got home tonight, 3 hours ago, 69 hours (and 8 fertigations) after I left, 90 minutes before the next fertigation... Perfect!!! The Tank still had water!! The very top of the pump was exposed, but I know it still pumps until more is exposed than that... It would not have been able to finish the next event though... It was close!

EC/PPM Report
          The roughly 1 gallon left in the tank when I got home: PPM 608; EC 1291
          I just added 4 gallons, no time for anything else...
          The roughly 5 gallons in the tank for last event: PPM 583; EC 1240

The Run-Off from Last Event (930pm lights on)
          1. PPM 745; EC 1585
          2. PPM 697; EC 1482
          3. Did not produce a sample: run-off appeared in saucer, but not enough to sample... adjusted drippers
          4. PPM 660; EC 1404
          5. PPM 646; EC 1374
          6. PPM 751; EC 1597

Photos are captioned

Comment

• DANGERDAN
            DANGERDAN commented
            Editing a comment
            Vodka man myself, used to drink bourbon and coke but my heavy drinking days has now put me off.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, my heavy drinking days led me to put it down altogether.

I don't anticipate my heavy pot smoking days following the same course

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            I do tea too..cheers. Esp English brew

Day 94 Flower Day 51

I got into see the girls in the back and each of them are featured in pics tonight. They are all really doing well The Power Africa has stolen much of the show, because she is in front... and pretty well dominating the front. But overall, the Back is dominating the front. It is clear on the Time Lapse and from above that the back three are occupying a much lager area than the front three. The two Shining Silver Haze's in Particular are really large sturdy plants. Jack Herrer, who joins them in the back, is also giving up nothing and pushing into the space of the clone... Poor little Dosidos Clone. Jack has my favorite looking buds

I cleaned out the tank today and handwatered tonight with the 1.75 gallons that was remaining in the tank when I went to clean it out. It certainly seemed perfectly fine (pH 5.9 EC 1259) and still smelled great (SM-90 FTW). I didn't want to put it back in the tank, so I decided to use it for hand-watering. This will be my new practice at each tank clean-out. I think it is a good idea to give the girls a good soaking all the way around by hand periodically as well, so two birds!

I am up to 4x daily fertigation since i got home last night. Timing is: Lights on (9:32pm), 4.5 hours later (2:02am) , 4.5 hours later (6:32am), 6 hours later (12:32pm), 9 hours till cycle repeats.

Day 42 since Power Africa "Fast" Developed Pistils... 42-49 days is a terrible lie. I forgive all involved with the lie because I love the plant, but I am wondering if maybe she is like a 14 weeker. All indications are she has at least a month to go and she really does look to be taking longer than everybody else, even the SSHs. I am still giving them all late Bloom nutes. Cruising at about 600PPM, 1280 EC with 6ml of Liquid Koolbloom. The time will come to start transitioning the three 8-9 week strains onto Ripen nutes by next week. I think Power Africa will be good at least till then, and she may stay on Late Bloom with the SSHs even after the others switch to Ripen. Of course running different water requires me to hand-water one set of girls, so my workload will increase significantly. It is really pretty easy right now

Comment

Day 96 Flower Day 52 Precautionary FloraKleen Flush

I am in love with these plants! I will be sad when I have to cut the last one down and pack up the tent till August.

I decided to go ahead and flush them all this morning. There are several factors that contributed to this decision.
            1. EC on all has climbed since the hand-watering. Last Measurements: 1963, 1693, 1504, 1504, 1482, 1585 (Average Inflow 1275)
            2. EC on Plant #1 Spiked to 1963
            3. All plants have minor tip burn - and they shouldn't based on EC
            4. I can quickly recover from flush with 4x daily fertigation and am confident it won't hurt
            5. I wanted to see how the girls responded (They liked their last flush, 52 days ago)
            So I mixed 2 gallons with 6ml Florakleen each. Each plant got 1/3 of a gallon and total event run-off was 1.5 gallons (1/4 gallon per plant). The run-off nearly equaled the inflow because I flushed at lights out, 9:30 am. They had been auto-watered just 3 hours prior at 6:32am. Combined Run-off from flush was EC 1595

I skipped the regularly scheduled watering at 12:30 and will double their fertigation time tonight at lights on.

Sitting in the flush, the girls are transpiring like crazy! Low EC water is flowing quickly into the plants! RH in the tent is about 15% higher than it would be otherwise! I thought about fertigating now... to reduce transpiration and lower RH in the tent (watering to reduce transpiration seems highly counter-intuitive!).

RH in the tent is a bit of an issue because the exhaust system is slowing down. Our air is so filthy that I have to regularly replace the prefilter on the carbon filter. It is filthy again and I went ahead and ordered a new carbon filter this time as well. It has slowed sufficiently that it must not just be the prefilter. I already flipped the flange at the start of this grow. To be honest, 6 months is probably better than I would have thought... I went through 5 prefilters in that time!

But the plants are healthy and well, really. Just an abundance of caution and a bit of experimental gardening. I will report on the results of the flush.

I am working on a new Time Lapse and will post one soon... tonight or tomorrow. Really happy with how the Colas are developing

Grower Love to All!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X