Auto flowers are just fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto flowers are just fun

I love growing autos I am growing a chistal meth and tangie manic by fast buds I am extremely impressed with there genitics. Both seeds were droppd in rr on 1/4/18 so they are 37 days old today.
    I topped both at the third and trained them
    the christal meth is flowering real nice and has been for a week.
    the tangie is still stretching with no signs of slowing down I tied down the main growth tips today and she is now starting to fill every void in the tent i would love her to just stop stretching and flower.
    I love autos they grow up so fast
    I made some new res for my autos now I can go from a 3.5 gal bucket for seedlings and early to mid veg 5 gal for late veg early flower 20 gal holds 10 for mid flower to the end. I used to just top the res off ever other day in flower but I am going on vacation and needed to hold enough fluid for 10 days. It is also shorter than a 5 gal bucket so I got more head room.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Beautiful looking plants! 37 days old - and there is the fun and wonderment of the autoflowers. I had a stupid OG Kush last year stretch up past 5 feet, fortunately was in the middle of a sunny heat wave so I just banished her outside.
    FastBuds is top of my list for some growing this summertime. They got so many autoflowers available -GG - GSC - LSD 25 - just got a few other beans in the fridge to use first.
    Also when one is a couple of weeks from harvest you germinate more. That'll cut 15 - 20 days off growing time.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• abadtrip
      abadtrip commented
      Editing a comment
      I do like to just keep this tent rolling next up it's bubble kush from rqs and Mexican airlines by fast buds

Wonderful plants to grow i also love autoflowers thats all i grow , i have a green crack auto n she is a beast

Comment

I agree! I am growing my first photo and its autos for me from now on!

Comment

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        I also grow photos but that's more like watching paint dry once flowering starts I don't get to see them much because of the light secudals

Very nice, Trip! I love having an auto going in the corner under some cheep ass light, just to see what it pulls off. But I'm about to pull the trigger and get a LEC, and I'll have about the same set up as you. I got some "good" auto seeds, finally, and I can't wait to see what it will do under it.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        Under an lec they will explode
        Last edited by abadtrip; 02-11-2018, 06:00 AM.

This makes me very excited to grow my tangie from
      fast buds. Tangie has been one of my go tos at the dispensary. Lots of pics pls 😀
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I see that going over like a lead weight.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Although she does smoke more than me

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I think your line of reasoning is sound.

abt, your plants are gorgeous!! I've never grown an auto, but I got nothin but love for em.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Alltatup, yeah, always outdoors, and fixing to back to only outdoors, this sh-t inside is scary as hell, to me.
        Big differences, in it, for one thing outdoors growing around here is super hard ass,an hot WORK
        Inside way way easier,
        You got so much more stuff to think about growing outdoor, like where's the best morning sun, where's the best place for your plants, to catch a breeze, where the nearest water.
        Then you got your snakes, bugs, bad storms, all kinds of sh-t, you got to look out for.But the worst one, is the pot poachers. We done dealt with them, they aint coming back. Lol

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        D.A.A.S.69 Now I'm totally confused: you say it's easier and yet it's "scarier" to grow indoors: why is it scarier?

I bet you grow enough outside to keep everybody happy for an entire year, so there's the payoff of outdoor growing--if you make it through all the other threats you mention. I gotta know, DAAS: what did you do to the pot poachers? Huh, whadja do????

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        HEY Alltatup, inside, is way easier than outside, your right about the amount, alot sometimes, but I better not say what happened to them, I will tell you though, with a text.

Morning Abadtrip, beautiful plants, yes I'm with you on the autos, absolutely love them, I've grown plenty of photos,and love them too,but they remind me of driving a school bus
      compared to driving a Corvette. lol
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I'm going to throw this out there I am noticing that when I plant auto seeds that I will start say 10 out of that 10 only 3 or 4 will take off the rest stay small .has anyone else notice this .
        I thought it was temp related so I got heating pads ,my temps stay in the 70s now
        thought I could use more lights put 6 300 w leds on 24/7
        water temp is between 68 and 71
        using kind soil with roots organic original for top soil . also tried there RO green fields there super soil. the 2 biggest plants are growing 1 in kind soil the other in RO only ,never water to run off

I'm at a loss about what i'm doing wrong any ideas When I first started autos inside I manifolded them they took off and did fine . now i.m lucky if I can get them to grow over 8 inches tall it seems
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 you ain't lyin about plant intelligence!!!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe every word of that Alltatup, we didn't see many skimpy plants during warmer weather.
          They damn sure smarter than I am. Funny how when cows are standing up on your way deer hunting, the deer are up an moving too, same way you see the cows laying down, the deer are laying down too, unless someone spooked them.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          abadtrip I know it's kinda late, but I just read what you wrote. Just wanted to add: that is one good thing about grow boxes: they're ideal for winter growing because they self-contain the heat in winter; all I have to do is keep the room at a decent night temp when lights are out. I've noticed the soil growers who struggle in the winter exactly because of what you wrote.

SUPER AUTOS I have been reading about super autos and have found no convincing evidence this exsist. From what I can tell and I could be completely wrong super autos are just good breeding. From where we have come from the original lowrider from back in the day to what we have now is just good breeding.
        under what ppl are calling super autos aka a big auto flower well bred stock.

my tangie shows all the signs of a super auto long veg huge plant much larger than any auto I have grow it has large fans like a well developed photo. But fastbuds says nothing super about it I don't know I just think it's a marketing ploy to make me think I am crazy.

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm with you, man. I tried some Dr. Shiva Super Autos last year, was supposed to get several meters high. Meh. It got to a real scraggly 2 or 3 feet high, pretty ugly. I didn't even bother to cut it down. It looked like shit. I had such high hopes. Maybe that was the one bum seed in the bag, and I should give them another chance, but now I have others that I would rather grow more.

The tangie is taking over my tent I am very surrised as to how much it is growing.

I have done my 8 day test and at the end I had plenty of fluid and my ph was at 5.9 down from 6.2 so that makes me excited I can now leave for 7 days and not have to touch my plants.
        I added a pic of the roots from the cristal meth.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Truly a beast.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought you had a feather stuck in your root basket until I looked real close amazing I love to see roots from hydro

I am doing my first auto grow... mixed feelings so far all 3 of them are 25 days old since germinated

I have this 1 sativa that is looking like a dud but it is still alive... then I have the 2 indicas that are looking ok

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          roccus I have some afgan kush ryders autos that are in bloom and only that big lol

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I see the problem on the little wrapper in the solo cup. I ran a couple of their seeds last summer, meh. Your indicas are doing well for young ones.

Your avatar kills me, man. He haz a happy.

Oldjar your kidding right??? lol
        Dingus... you mean Canuk seeds?? I got it from True North seed bank. I sent them a pic a couple days ago of it and told them I was not impressed... no word back yet from them

BTW the indicas are Dutch Passion seeds.... auto night queen

EDIT just got a reply from True North bank... basically they told me to go screw myself... I will never buy from them again so in the end they can go screw themselves...
        Unfortunately due to the nature of our business, we are unable to discuss, guarantee or promote germination due to legality issues. All germination and cultivation inquiries will be ignored. As noted on our website under the legal disclaimer, “By purchasing from True North Seed Bank (www.truenorthseedbank.com) you accept our Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy and Legal Disclaimer.” “True North Seed Bank does not accept any product-liability and we do not give any guarantees.” This can be found here: http://truenorthseedbank.com/legal-disclaimer 

As germination rates can be affected by many variables that we cannot control, including but not limited to: proper storage of the souvenirs, method date of order etc., most breeders cannot and will not guarantee germination, including in countries where it is legal to germinate souvenirs. We do record and relay all complaints and reviews regarding our products back to the breeders and would like to thank you for your feedback.

With that being said, we are always here to help our customers and come up with a resolution to any customer service complaints.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your email it is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

THIS was my reply to them....
        Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately with this kind of customer support basically telling me to go screw myself, it is my policy to never spend my hard earned money ever again with said business, nor will i ever recommend anyone else spend their hard earned money with said business. If you have any further concerns about your customer satisfaction practices or how to treat people right please don't hesitate to contact me. Have a great day and thanks for the screw job!
        Last edited by roccus; 02-16-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Roccus, that's the legal disclaimer that all seed banks are required to post.

No Roccus I'm not kidding its very sad ,cute little bugger lol
        I think that was a perfect reply
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• roccus
          roccus commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh my god oldjar that is to funny!! ... I am going to try to keep my mini alive and see what happens... maybe someone will want a clone lol

I am back from my holiday i had fun found out my dad grew weed apprently all over the dam world he gave me some seeds he said he had from the 70s I'll grow them outside if they germ.

my plants are looking good the tangie is huge much bigger than I can manage. For my tent I am not at a loss to what I can do.

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I won’t be growing any of those in the little tent hah

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          abadtrip, I wish i had a big ass, tall tent too. I had to pull my plant out of my tent, cause I'm determined to grow us an autoflower that aint trained or topped, I thought in that small 2gallon pot, she's in, I didn't plan on her getting that damn tall.
          Ain't no way in hell for my lights to cover that tall plant neither, I got the 315cmh on top ,2-300watt leds hanging sideways, an 8-10 cfls on them long ass, branches. Seems like I remember reading you hung your leds like that Abadtrip, I reckon its working ok, the rest of em ,damn sure getting topped an trained, I bet you.

• abadtrip
          abadtrip commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 I wish I could take her out but I think I have s plan I am going to start harvest on my badass kush tonight 1 plant is ready for some reason she is done small compact hard buds all hairs brown the trics have big plump mushroom heads. The other plant in my scrog is not ready non of the hairs are brown and the buds are fat and getting bigger trics are not plump and mushroom like yet so she is going a little longer. Long story short in the next week I can move my cm auto to my photo tent and stretch out the tangie under all 3 leds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X