Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother! Please give me 20 clones by the end of February!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother! Please give me 20 clones by the end of February!

Hi there!

My OG Kush mother plant is about 4 weeks old.

I told her I would need 20 clones from her in a month or so, but i'm not sure if it's a reasonable plan.
    Do you think it's posssible? She's got also 3 smaller sisters, maybe they could help her with a few clones each.

I have no experience with either growing a mother nor cloning.
    Is there anything I can do now to help her complete the mission?

Also they got only once, a few days ago, a little grow nutrients, very light.
    I think i'll give them nutrients only once or twice a month if needed.

I don't water them much, as the nights are rather cool around here.
    Night temperatures in the grow room are somewhere between 16°C and 18°C (60/65°F) and no more than 21°C (70°F) when the lights are on.
    Humidity levels between 40% and 60% depending on the weather and they always get a gentle breeze from a small computer fan.

This is their world:
    • DIY Grow room : 50*45*85 cm (20*18*33 inches)
    • Lights : 2x23 W CFL 4000k (3200 lumen)
    • Soil : Palgron Growmix + 20% coco
    • Extration: Computer fan 12 V
    • Wind: Computer fan 12 V

As you can see on the pictures I've started some training and topping to keep her from growing to tall...
    Please let me know if i'm doing anything wrong or harmfull to them, or if i can improve anything to boost their growth!

Forgot the little sisters... They're about half the since of the mother.
    But maybe the four of them together can produce 20 healthy clones.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning kidane, those are nice plants, but they desperately need more light to grow a decent, healthy plant, if you are gonna use cfls, you need a lot more of them an put them within a couple of inches away from your plants, over 3inches away is to far away. Good Luck with them.

• kidane
      kidane commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi D.A.A.S.69,
      I don't think I will keep the 3 small ones after the cloning session in a month. Will give them away to friends or plant them outside.
      What would you recommend for just one mother? Should I double the power? 4x23W CFL for a total of 6400 lumen, would that be enough?

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Kidane, Good morning, I'm not real sure how many you need, I know some folks on here uses them ,an they do real well with them, PuravidaC used to use them, maybe he will be on here an be able to help better, but I think they use 8-10 lights on each nice size plant, PuravidaC got over 6ozs, dry bud with cfls, with autos, of course picking strains that get big helps, but damn man that's good. I might try them again myself.

Double up on lights ,get some nutrients and follow directions on bottle you will see a big difference in a couple of weeks. Don't worry about training if your going to put outside,cut long branches for clones,green man has great video on tube about cloning looks great good luck

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      Follow the directions but cut the formula in half or in quarters for feeding. Don't just mix a full strength batch and feed because the bottle says it's ok.

• kidane
      kidane commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok Rosetta thanks,
      and should i give them the half formula every other watering as recommended?

Alright sounds like a plan. Will get 2 more of these CFLs and upgrade.
    Thanks!

Comment

My best guess is you will not get 20 reasonable clones form all of those plants without killing them. I'm in a similar situation right now. I've quadrupled my volume and I'm running into clone supply issues with my lady's. I've almost cut them back to stalks, they'll be fine but going from 5 a month to 20 has been a struggle. Best to slow down, give them the proper light and nutrition. They'll reward your patience.
      About the light thing, I personally would put in some overtime at work, or skip a couple meals and pick up a small 300w led. They aren't that expensive anymore and you'll be a lot happier with one than CFLs. Trust me I tried about 7 years ago to stick with CFLs. You'll also be using about the same amount of electricity with a 300w led as opposed to 4-5 CFLs, just much better results.

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Many of us have had surprising good results with the Galaxyhydro 300 which go for about $79 on Amazon in the US. Depending on exchange rate, I think a little cheaper. I have 2, going over a year now.

• Waltermelon
        Waltermelon commented
        Editing a comment
        50cm sounds a bit for to me. I use 2 600w LEDs in a 3x3x5 tent so I run them a bit higher than recommend because there is so much light in the tent. Last cycle I had one lady's grow into the light a bit. It got a little light bleached but nothing that put my entire grow in danger. You really can get the LEDs as close as you want, the spectrum will be a little different because the light will not have time to mix with the short distance between the plant and led lense.
        I say pick one up and try it out. The worst that'll happen is you'll have to sell it, but also have to take in the best case scenario, You grow the greatest buds of your life....

• kidane
        kidane commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, that's affordable, definitely on the shopping list...

As a new grower, I made the same mistake you appear to be making: setting a quota and a deadline on a process you haven't learned or experienced yet. Nebula, GWE and everybody's experience here are a fantastic resource. But they don't claim to be a substitute for your own experience.

Getting that many clones by that time can be done, but if you really push it, you might kill your plant and not any clones or any buds. I don't mean to be unkind, but this Bubba Kush, that isn't really doing well enough after 4 weeks. She's not up to giving you that much. Not yet.

First, learn to grow your plant well. It will probably take this plant's life time (a few months). Get this one healthy and robust. To do that, you have a LOT of learning to do. If you can get Bubba to harvest, YAY!

Second, when you're better at managing her in veg and she's happy, learn to clone. Not by demanding she give you 20, you will only piss her off and make her quit. Rather, take all the advise you got here, RE-READ the tutorials, and then in a couple of weeks, when she's very happy with you, ASK her for 3 or 4 clones..

When you have seen and given, firsthand, what it takes to keep your mother happy, and how many clones a happy mother can make, and how long it takes for them to root, given their genetics, your skill, and your set-up, THEN you can have expectations.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        That's far from the worst that could happen.

The worst thing is for your unrealistic expectations to lead to such disappointment that you give up. Remember, if you plants all die, you can clean your set up, do some more homework, and get more clones or seeds.

And later, like this April, when you don't suck at it, and you're chilling out because you're smoking the buds that you grew (maybe not the best you've ever had, but they will make you happy) you can turn around and help the next person struggling with the exact same problems you're having now.

It will give you a stiffie.

• kidane
        kidane commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Dingus, thanks for the warning.
        Maybe I should have wrote in a less "enthousiasticly naive" way, and the all point of this thread would habe been more obvious.
        The point was to know if my expectations were realistic or not, i clearly got from you guys comments that it's not.
        And also that I need to improve my skills and my equipment but I kind of suspected that before posting.
        Not trying to argue with you Dingus because what you said is very true and it's a valuable advice.
        I just felt there was a misunderstanding...

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya, kidane. I'm sorry if my descriptions of what might happen are too much. They tend to sound like"you're going to put your eyeout!"

Growing, not just making pot, but growing is such a blessing. You're going rock this shit and have so much fun!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X