Mars Hydro grow tent 39*39*70 (100*100*180cm) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mars Hydro grow tent 39*39*70 (100*100*180cm) review

I've been using this forum as an info source for quite some time and would like to share some info in return in case someone needs it.
    I'm in no way sponsored by /affiliated with /connected to Mars Hydro or its resellers. Just another paying customer with enough time to write a review.

Product: Mars Hydro grow tent 39*39*70" (100*100*180cm)
    Date of purchase: Jan 2018
    Package: cardboard box 42*11*6" (106*28*14.5cm)
    Weight: 27lbs (12.2kg)
    Made in China

Installation
    All frame parts are made of metal and are fixed by metal spring pins, which make assembly/disassembly a walk in the park.
    The tent fabric is quite thick (about 0.3mm) and heavy as it's claimed to be 1680D. Reflective mylar inside.
    Heavy duty zippers look reliable but only years of use can prove it.

All frame parts are marked according to their installation place, so even a complete retard can connect them in minutes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	242.8 KB ID:	165624

My inner perfectionist got a little annoyed by wobbly ceiling bars of assembled frame.
    I was too quick to judge - nothing wobbles after tent installation was completed and a light hanged inside.
    Allowed total weight of lights, carbon filter, etc: 154lbs (70kg).

There're a couple of errors in the installation instructions:
    1. the ceiling bars H and J can't be installed as shown - H bars should go on top of J.
    2. the tent canvas doesn't open as shown but we didn't have any problem with it on. I can only guess if working alone makes it challenging.

The setup is completed by installing a removable floor tray (tied to poles with straps) and attaching accessory pouch either to outside or inside of the right side.
    2 nylon velcro straps for a carbon filter are included.

Doors/windows/vents/ports
    All round vents/ports have double sleeves with cords and stoppers.
    All rectangular windows/vents have mesh filters and removable velcro patches. The patches can be completely removed or rolled upwards and fixed to it's outside velcro if needed.

Front - main zippered door and window 10*10".

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	418.6 KB ID:	165620

Left & Right sides - almost identical with the only difference of having a strap for the main door on the left and an accessory pouch on the right.
    Each side has a zippered side door for easy access to back corners, 2*6" round vents, 15*7" rectangular vent.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	253.6 KB ID:	165623Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	296.9 KB ID:	165621Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	307.4 KB ID:	165625Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	857.7 KB ID:	165626

Back panel - 15*7" rectangular vent and 2*3" round cable ports.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	657.1 KB ID:	165622Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	892.3 KB ID:	165627

Top - 2*8" round vents.
    Bottom - already mentioned removable tray.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	689.3 KB ID:	165619Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	934.0 KB ID:	165629Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	642.6 KB ID:	165628

Cons found:
    1. Installation instructions can be improved to avoid misunderstanding.
    2. Found/cut/burned a loose thread (stitching is not affected). Probably was missed by QC.

I'm really pleased with impressive product quality and great design.
    There's no light leakage when all not used vents are closed and all the patches installed.
    Really satisfied. I hope it's going to stay this way in future.
    Peace
    Last edited by artango; 01-20-2018, 06:29 PM.

I wish there was a section on here just for reviews, Amazon reviews I just don’t really trust anymore.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks artango, whats the list price and how much did you pay? Did yu buy online or in a grow store? When you tested for light leaks were you inside the tent with the doors closed, grow lights off, room lights on?? Can you stand up straight inside the tent??? Thanks again for taking the time to post this

Paracelsus
    1. I bought it on official store at Aliexpress and paid about $100 delivered (Europe).
    2. Tested standing outside the tent with my LED working inside. If any vents/ports are left open, it's like a spaceship.
    3. I can't, I'm taller than the tent.

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      Best light leak test go inside the tent and leave all the lights off inside and all the lights on outside. let your eyes adjust to the darkness and then look for pinhole leaks around the seams and closed zippers. If see any you can pin holes light leaks you can glue them shut, tape will not work because of humidity.

• artango
      artango commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate! I'll keep that in mind next time.

1 grow update

1. The front doors's strap could have been equipped with a plastic quick-release buckle. That makes fixing the front door in an open position much easier. Check your stuff you decided to get rid of but after a couple of years to stay safe. If no luck, ebay or aliexpress.
    2. Cats. F#$K! Don't even let your kitty nearby. I WTF climb on the box = 5+ holes. Fix by a black duct tape. You've been warned.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X