Venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venting

Quick question about venting my grow room.I'm going to be dividing my room into two sides,one side will be for veagging and the other will be budding.My plan is to put a reflective tarp up to separate them and put a hole in it for the ducting.The question is can I vent into the veagging side?Or will my orginal plan work,which is to put a six inch hole into the door and vent into basement.The problem is I don't want a six inch hole in my door,so I was going to do it Shawshank style and cover hole with poster and poke a ton of pin holes into poster for air flow.
    Thanks in advance

What kind lights do you have? How hot is it in there right now? What kind of intake for air? Intake temp?

​​​​​You'll be venting the hot air from the flower room to the veg, and then recirculating that hot air back to the flower. That's the way it sounds like it's setup? If it is, not very efficient and my guess is you'll have high temps
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Rosetta right about the heat , I think you are going to have bigger problems than heat though, I have a 8 foot long room tent that I made into two I used flexible insulation sold at lowes or HD and I had to put 2 layers of it so stop all light leaks into the bloom side . I think that tarp will allow light into your bloom room .

As for your door why dont you just swap the good door for a cheep one , I think the cheep ones are around 20 bucks

Are you going to use a inline exsaust fan if so I think it will suck that poster right in . pictures of your grow space would help with ideas for you , Sorry for being so negative I am usually not
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Getting a tarp to seal all the light could be just about impossible imo. But as far as the venting goes, I have fan and filter in flower room. Then I use a6” flexible duct to my veg room then a duct from veg room to fresh air. This pulls all fresh air through the veg room into the flower room then through the filter and out of both rooms. Sorry if that sounds confusing
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH
        2x innova 19w full spec led
        175cfm fan, can 33 filter
        8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly how I'm doing it

Maybe your trying to do to much at once? The venting will remove your hot air but it won't cool either space.
        The simple answer to your question is no you can't do that.

If your Flowers get light during their night time they will probably reveg. One solution would be to move the veg to another space until your harvest is ready. Saying that you may have the opportunity to move the veg to a closet, a kitchen cupboard or even the Bathroom tub/shower with CFL's until you can move them into your flower tent. IDK what strain your growing , auto's will flower no matter what light schedule they are on so You could leave it on a 12/12 schedule to prevent reveging your plants in flower. Bottom line the flowers must be protected from extraneous light during their dark periods
        My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
        The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X