Purple Nugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple Nugs

How do you get those buds to turn purple?
    Do you think these girls will get purple in the nugs too?
    How much longer do you think they should go?

I'm on day 52, from just looking at them I see majority white/cloudy/milky trichomes. If I cut them down right now do you think I will be missing out? It's not reasonable to keep going if I can cut now, I don't have the luxury of just seeing what happens with one going longer as an experiment.
    So with that in mind I am looking for some educated guesses as to what may or may not happen when a plant looks like this and continues to flower.

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
      Trichomefarmer88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! Looks ready to cut down just from looking... If all the trichomes are milky it's ready united you want to let a few amber color trichomes pop up then you can wait maybe another week but don't wait to long!

Unless the strain has purple in it the only way to get purple is cold night temps. I mean cold too. I would imagine near freezing temps 35°f up to maybe 45°f max.

Also if you let it go too long your buds degrade. Like over ripe fruit.
    Last edited by UrbZ; 01-15-2018, 01:55 PM.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Your buds look great and ready to harvest. Cold temps only got the leaves to turn purple. I got Og kush auto from Nirvana, all three plants brought to harvest produced purple flowers from the start of flower.

Comment

Hey thanks!
        It got cold (like almost freezing in there, sub 40°F) so I put a small space heater but that barely keeps the chill off. Probably gets down to 50°F some nights still.
        This strain looked like this in summertime when it stayed warm at night so I think there is a tendency towards purple leaves but i never saw it get into the buds. Longest I've taken this strain so far, cut the girls in these pics down this morning so I'll know in a few weeks about the performance characteristics.
        Im familiar with the cold making things purple but so far just the leaves.

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
          Editing a comment
          I believe that's all that will go purple is the leaves with using cold method.. them it shows after you trim a bit.. but to get nice purple buds, honestly just all in the strain.

Okay so I fibbed a little in the Original Post. I kept 1 of these girls alive for longer. Watered again so when it dries out in a few days I will determine if it's time.
        One of those rare opportunities when I actually have patience and the ability to apply it.

Comment

Strain determines color. This plant was supposed to be White Widow, but has in no way White buds. I assume there was either a packaging error by the seedbank or this might be a different phenotype. Or maybe a Blue Widow which has either blue or violet buds. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...identification

Comment

Last edited by starramus; 01-15-2018, 03:26 PM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

Kinda purdy huh?

Comment

• Trichomefarmer88
                Editing a comment
                Awesome looking

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                From last years outdoor grow. Plant from sprouting to bloom was always a bit runty, but did produce some great weed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180115_175203278.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	164514Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180115_120208258.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	873.3 KB
ID:	164513Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180103_190025518.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	692.0 KB
ID:	164511Click image for larger version

Name:	20180106_120245.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	164512

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                Mighty pretty.

• KingKush
                KingKush commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay that's super awesome! What are these strains Jibblerjoe? How long has that one been in bloom? It looks kushy and very very stinky

Awesome nugs

• Jibblerjoe
                Jibblerjoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you. Top pics night queen auto Dutch passion and og kush auto from Nirvana. The og kush all 3 seeds grew out to black purple flowers by harvest. The nighty this is first to turn fall colors. Using coco and salt nutes led lights.

I think you're a month out but towards the end ripen fast

Comment

ribbitt Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180116_111620475.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	748.7 KB
ID:	164734 this is today day74 going to start flushing

Comment

That's so awesome what are you feeding that big girl if you don't mind me asking

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
                    Jibblerjoe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm using flora nova and couple sups on these. I go quarter to half strength, feeding everyday for last month plus. Light never goes off. Also super cropped main top and 5 of the branches.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X