First grow questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First grow questions!

Hi everyone first time posting on the forum and looking forward to my first grow!!

I have done a lot of research before my first grow but there is a huge difference between theory and actually doing - I get that.

I had a few questions I was hoping people here on GWE could help with!

First, let me tell you guys about my set up!

Ill be using:
    1.2x1.2x2.0 grow tent (incl exhaust carbon filter etc)
    1000w Apollo 18 LED

Ill be attempting to grow via DWC and will have around 4 plants 3 White Rhino & 1 Chocolope (fem) with the help of some weed friendly nutrients! (Which I will not be overdoing)

First Question: Looking at my set up does anything seem out of place or incorrect, i’d be interested to know!

Secondly, I do not have an indoor space to put my tent and was thinking of placing my grow tent in a traditional garden shed or something similar. I was going to cut 6inch holes into the shed to allow for intake/exhaust.

2nd Question: Do you guys think this would be an issue? Its my understanding that the tent would help me regulate heat & humidity and I would use the shed as a waterproof and sunproof cover.

Last question (thanks for sticking with my post to this point!): I know this is a very general question and a million factors come into play but what can I roughly expect in terms of yield off my 4 plants (not expecting an exact amount just a ball park figure)!

If there is anything else you guys think may be helpful to me that I haven’t asked I would love to know!

I understand that DWC can be harder than soil but I like to challenge myself!

Thanks all!

All sounds pretty good. The only things I would worry about is 4 plants in DWC in a tent that size. It WIll be tight. I would suggest 2 plants with that set.

Also if you live where it is cold being in an uninsulated shed with give you major temp, RH and mold issues. Especially if you draw freezing cold air in from outside. If its hot unruly temps will be an issue. Growing is sheds can be difficult.

Also I didnt see a mention of an air circulating fan. You will need at least 1 fan to move the air around.

Sounds like you have a good grasp on whats going on.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• Peaceloveunity
      Peaceloveunity commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Urbz, 

Thanks for your response! 

I live in New Zealand and its summer at the moment and will go into Autumn by the end of the grow I think. 

Yeah was going to include two fans one at ground level and one higher up to properly circulate the air to avoid mould etc.

I will look into tent size vs plant volume and have a think about it. What size would you suggest for my 4 plants?

Also, I havent heard a lot about the Apollo line of LED's do you know anything much about them?

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      What are your seasonal temps like there?

You are meters... Now knowing that your size tent you were thinking should be fine for 4 plants. thats basically 4x4 feet. What I would grow 4 plants in.

If your outsside temps dont get uncontrollable look into venting fresh outside air in. With an inline fan.

Apollo's are pretty good. Ive never ran them but read some pretty good reviews.

You are correct on the fans. try for one oscillating if possible for below your canopy. and one stationary up higher circulating the air above the canopy.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X