Help!,changing bearing in fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!,changing bearing in fan

OK so originally I bought an 8" Apollo fan 720cfm, for a 4x8 grow room,which a 6 inch would have worked but it had a speed controller so I could adjust it as needed, however not even 4 months later they replaced the fan. NO questions they sent me a new one because the bearings went bad, then not even 2-3 months later the bearings are going again!!! But now its been more then 6months , so now they tell me I have to send the old fan back and they will fix it an send it back which who knos how long that would take.. And I need it running, I'll have a few days in about 2 weeks I'll have a chance to fix it an have it back up before I switch the ones from the tent to the big room... So my question is , does anyone know what bearing they take? Dont wanna rip it Apart an not be able to fix it cause they have to order it , so if anyone has any Info I'd greatly appreciated it
    Visit my current grow at
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Look for a model number and serial number, go to the fan companys website and see if they have a part list. Locate the part number and order one

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I did.. Cant find a part number for the bearing.. Searched everywhere
      Visit my current grow at

Comment

Fans are cheep ever think about a new model?

Comment

Did a quick search with no result... i would just buy a new one.... another option is to pop it apart and see if a local store has the same sized bearing.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

There not all that cheap, especially when ur a single family income with 2 kids and a disabled wife.. Would love to get a can fan or something but this one aint even 6 months old barely!! I still need a 4 inch fan for my tent.. An all that's wrong is the bearing .. So 7 dollar bearing or 200 dollar fan.. Cause I'm not gonna buy another Apollo fan for 100 bucks obviously freaking junk..its not hard to swap the bearing an thats all it is so..
            Last edited by Blazed227; 01-15-2018, 03:09 PM.
            Visit my current grow at

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for a bearing? They might send you the part for free if it keeps them from having to do the work. Just a thought

• Blazed227
              Blazed227 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea an there about idiots...

Buy Lasko 2521 Oscillating Stand Fan, 16-Inch, Black: Home & Kitchen - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

Comment

• Blazed227
              Blazed227 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wrong kinda fan bro.. Its the exhaust fan not just a reg fan lol I would have just got a new one if it was just an oscilating fan

I would suspect that even if you went to the effort to tear this thing apart you'll probably find that the electric motor uses sleeve bearings rather than ball bearings. Pretty much a throw-away design....sorry
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Blazed227
              Blazed227 commented
              Editing a comment
              well I watched a few videos of how to fix them actually tryed to contact a few of the guys.. They were just diff brand or size like the ventech fab was one and it was a 6inch mines and 8 so just not sure what Apollo uses an dont wanna order the wrong part

Originally posted by gbauto View Post
            I would suspect that even if you went to the effort to tear this thing apart you'll probably find that the electric motor uses sleeve bearings rather than ball bearings. Pretty much a throw-away design....sorry
            That would explain why they dont have part lists..

Comment

• Blazed227
              Blazed227 commented
              Editing a comment
              they can be replaced an from the videos I've seen seen pretty easy.. Take about an hour at most I just wanted to have the exact part I needed before I took it apart.. May have to take it apart and hope someone has it in

If it’s a sealed bearing or a cage one u can usually find it. But u have to have it in your hand to match up.
            I would try a alternater rebuilding shop ( auto ) or a appliance repair shop good hunting !

Comment

• Blazed227
              Blazed227 commented
              Editing a comment
              gotcha, thanks, yea it is a sealed one I believe, im almost positive that's what it is , there is a place I know of That I can order it.. Was just trying to order it before ripping it apart.. An Apollo customer service... There idiots.. They just keep tell in me they can't advise me on the part that could be broke... I said I know what's broke I just want the specs on the part so I can order one not from you guys but on my own.. An there like well that would void the warranty .. I said FCK ur warranty I don't want u to fix it cause it will Break AGAIN in a month lol god its like talking to a freaking wall.. They keep saying the same thing oh but u can send it back

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey 227, I hear you man, you can not talk to idiots, it's fruitless. And yes you can fix that fan with the right part.Good luck.

• Blazed227
              Blazed227 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tell me about it lol, acctually startin to harvest the 2 in flower so I'll have a small window to get it apart fixed an put back before I move the others over.. Wanted to wait another week to harvest but oh well there ready an gotta get the fan fixed..

U know those toys called Fitbits,it’s a long shot but thay use sealed bearings.Hay u never know!

Comment

• Blazed227
              Blazed227 commented
              Editing a comment
              its not a problem finding the bearing, I have a plave by me I can order just about any bearing, I just dont want to rip it apart an have to wait 2 weeks.. Im trying to figure out which kinda bearing an all so I can have it when I rip the fan apart so I can put it right back together

This is the email I got from these clowns.. Instead of giving me a part number they suggest I buy another fan!! Really!!,not a chance in hell that would happen..

​​​​​Hello Bill,

Thank you for following up with us.

As these fans are not manufactured in house, we cannot advise customers to replace the bearings as it may cause a hazard if not done properly.

We can come to a resolution by offering 15% off your order of a new Apollo Horticulture fan through one of our authorized sellers (Low Baller, Fire Sale Merchant, Amazon.com Services).

Once you have purchased a fan, please contact us with the order number and we will refund 15% of your order total.

This way, you will not be without a fan in your grow room and you will be able to have a new warranty period start with this purchase.

Please let us know if you'd like to continue with this as a resolution
            Visit my current grow at

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X