Silent fans and no odors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silent fans and no odors

HI I want to begin a new grow, but I dont want to do a lot of noise in the room and I want no odors. I have a viparspectra 600W and I want no noise and odor in the room, what fans or other things do you recomend me?

Thanks

I have a can fan 6" and an ipower carbon filter 6". I can barely hear it and it runs directly into my return duct for my house hvac
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• prpcion
      prpcion commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RosettaStoned, I have a 4" hydrofarm fan and a 4" carbon filter but I think that it produce a lot of noise, however I will try to set up! thanks

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem, noise can come from slack in flex line or bends right before or after the fan. The more stream line and short the exhaust piping is, less noise and more efficiency. Also if you hang it on something like a wall or ceiling try and have a buffer between the fan and solid surface to avoid vibration.

You will have odor in the room containing the plants. Period.

You can keep the odor from going to other rooms by using a high quality carbon filter, or two, or three.

Fans are not silent, but some are much quieter than others.

You will get a lot or opinions, but I prefer Hurricane fans and Phresh filters.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• prpcion
      prpcion commented
      Editing a comment
      Thnkas Flockshot! I will try with a 4" hydrofarm fan that I actualy have, I hope that the noise isnt to loud! =)

We’re all searching for the same thing,a stealthy grow with no smell ( good luck with that ) all u can do is your best.lol

Comment

• prpcion
      prpcion commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I will continue searching the solution!

6" Phresh filter with Can Max inline fan......very quiet............stay away from Vivosun if you want quiet and efficient.

Comment

• prpcion
      prpcion commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I have a hydrofarm 4" fan and carbon filter. Im planing to build an exhaust without carbon filter, only a small fan and ona gel in the window, what do you think?

I think your going to run out of ona before u run out of smell! My 2c

Comment

will an 8 inch can fan cool a 3 x 3 tent more than a 4" inline fan? Will the air movement of the air removal keep the tent cool in ambient temps up to 80 or so? Or is an AC needed for that?
      complete beginner
      39" x 39" x 78" tent
      315 Watt CMH
      4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
      Automatic top feed into coco.
      Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Depends on the intake temp and various other things we don't know. But if you think about it for a second or two....4" ...8" ...what's bigger? I'm gonna say an 8" on low is plenty for that area regardless of height... assuming you have decent conditions to begin with
        good luck!
        "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
        5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
        600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
        Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
        400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
        ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
        13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

NOTHING WILL TAKE THE PLACE OF A CARBON FILTER to reduce smell. Using Ona near the grow can effect your weeds natural smell.
          My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
          The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• prpcion
            prpcion commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Paracelsus!

Hang your fan and filter with rubber tarp straps.

Comment

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            Most effective way of quieting a fan and a filter use on all ingress and egress venting ports too

Your 600 watt ViparSpectra shouldn't make so much heat that an appropriately placed 4" fan won't be enough to draw out. Make sure you are allowing air to flow into your tent. You might need to open one of the little flap vents, and figure out how to put a shade over the hole. You might cut a piece of old smart pot and put it over the screen.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• prpcion
            prpcion commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks DingusKhan!!

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            You're very welcome! I get so much more help than I share here, but it's a huge rush for a noobie to get to help another noobie, that's what make GWE the coolest joint, man.

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            Right ON DingusKhan

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X