Vape questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vape questions

I don't currently use cannabis. However, my state has legalized medical marijuana. No smoking allowed but we can vape or use edibles or oils. I was thinking vape cause you can make tinctures or oils out of the Vaped material. How do you choose a device? I am looking at an Atmos vape pen. It does flowers and wax. It's $50 for the kit. They have a slightly larger unit for $70. Open to other suggestions. I have chronic back pain so I can get a medical marijuana card. Just have to find a doctor that will prescribe it. dispensaries are not yet open. My medical card will cost $25 yearly. Not sure of dispensary prices yet. Having not tried edibles oils tinctures or vape, how does one figure out what works best? I still have several weeks before my 1st harvest. My friend can get 8ths for $30 of quality bud. Thanks in advance.

Madman

In all honestly I would go for a vape that you can use flowers with but in regards to your post for ease of use I would just use a vape pen, which is normally a 510 threaded battery with a push button that uses a 510 ego bottom feeding styled carto “atomizer” that can be refilled easily. I suggested a vape pen because you said you don’t use cannabis and it’s a fairly easy learning curve and it may not be too strong for you I don’t know though it is a concentrate. When I first wanted to go stealth a couple years back I bought a pen and it was just a coil you place your concentrate on and when you hit the button it would heat up the coil and burn. Very bad ! Wish I knew better it was the worst 100 bux I spent. If I were you and I was limited to oils and edibles I’d go for a dab rig but there’s more of a learning curve and the concentrates will be too strong for you. Vaping is not limited to oils you can vape the flower itself either conduction or convection. If you are growing and your harvest is almost up your going to have to learn how to create concentrates from your herbs or have it done for you . Oh and sorry miss read your post, definitely don’t go with atmos or any vape pen for flowers it’s just a coil that will combust your material and you will be in fact smoking. Personally I use an airizer solo for flowers , a vape pen that uses refillable cartos for vaping when I can’t smoke.
    Last edited by Arkados; 01-14-2018, 01:14 AM.
    They say it’s a small world, In reality it’s a large prison

Comment

I would suggest a new user go with vaping. You can control your intake easily and just stop when you get enough. Edibles can have unwanted side effects if you consume too much or just aren't ready for the effects. Over time and experience you may switch to edibles for the full body effect. A friend prefers this for joint pain.
      Vaping will let you find out about your tolerances and preferences. Untested edibles can give you a very un fun 4-6 hours of anxiety. Friends of mine have done that to themselves, as I have, with edibles made from what we all grow. EverClear tinctures using decarbed flower can be very strong. 1 gram of flower to 1 oz of alcohol. Let soak for some hours, strain and drink. You will get something like Green Dragon or Golden Tiger. From what I make some people like 5 ml, some like 30-40 ml. 10 ml gives some friends anxiety attacks. 30-40 ml for me is just fine.
      I've had two vape pens, both rechargeable. $150-$250 (Pax3) with warranties from 1 yr to 10 years. Do some research, read reviews and spend what you can for the warranty as all the stealth gear will die eventually (battery).
      My $150 device lasted a little over a year. With a one year warranty. So its a brick. So I got one with a 10 year warranty.
      I like vaping as it's easy on the lungs. I'm an asthma kid, so I have to watch that. And I actually consume less when I vape vs bong. Thus the grows last longer.
      The bong is like doing shots. Vape is like sipping wine, or can be. Of coarse you can do lung busting hits with a vape, but that's not what I want.

If you're going for a plugged in, table top model, shop around and read reviews. No experience here with those devices.

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        For a table model the Arizer Extreme Q is the best going unless you want to go with the obscenely priced Volcano. The Q is available from the below seller as well for a good price. I bought this for my wife too, and know well of its quality build. Who wouldn't trust a Canadian?
        Last edited by starramus; 01-14-2018, 10:54 AM. Reason: i toopid

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I second what starramus said. I've had mine for 2 years now.

I would keep it simple to begin with, and just go with a vape. You have plenty of time to dabble in concentrates etc. at a later date. My wife has chronic back pain, and insomnia. I bought this well built vape for her over 2 years ago, and it is still going strong. It is on sale so I would jump on it. https://www.planetofthevapes.com/pro...5-0s-vaporizer Which strains are you growing? Her favorite strains for pain are Aurora Indica, and White Widow. Good luck with your grow, and pain.

Comment

• Madman960
        Madman960 commented
        Editing a comment
        Growing Chrystal and white rhino that are almost done. 5-7 weeks.

"We are authorized dealers of Flowermate vaporizers. Your vape will come with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty against defect and 90 days on the batteries."

This is the problem I have with less expensive rechargeable vapes. The warranty. In 90 days you could have a brick, and all the pieces are your's. Or you can buy a new battery.

Good luck.

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        "The Flowermate V5.0S is powered by two high-quality 18650 batteries which deliver up to 2 hours 30 minutes of vaporization. This is some of the best battery life of any portable vaporizer on the market. Also, the v5.0S features a 6-minute auto-shutoff to preserve battery life and USB charging allowing you to power up almost anywhere" We have had no problem with the batteries. The wifey uses the vape nightly.

• Jason
        Jason commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear, starramus. My history with devices of all kinds is they are worth the warranty. If that. So I have a personal preference to pay for warranty life. The Pax3 has a 10 year warranty at $250, list. So for under $100 you get a 90 day battery warranty. For a bit more than 2.5X that price and the warranty is 40 times longer. After my first $150 vape died just after the warranty expired, I felt like I just flushed $150 for nothing. So I didn't want to repeat that. And I got $100 off the Pax3, with full warranty as it was a store demo model. All the bells and whistles like the phone app to control temp and heating mode just happen be included. I didn't think I'd like the phone app, but have to admit its a nice way to manage the device.

My thought is making bho or wax is expensive and hard to make potent. Learn how to do that and then think about a vape pen. There are some out there that do the job for a lot less than $70

Comment

Maybe something to consider is the Nova decarbo machine (look up GWE Forum posts). With that you make your flower edible. If you make tinctures with alcohol, you can precisely measure the results to work out dosage.
        You can also evaporate the alcohol, and put the resulting goo/tar in capsules to consume. Glycerin makes tinctures, you can also just eat the flower, although few chefs recommend that. To me its like eating dried grass mixed with cardboard.
        For pain relief and body effects, I find edibles work much better than vaping. I do both, but for the body effects, edible is the way to go.
        You're also eliminating the vape/battery/warranty from your workflow.

I use a digital induction hot plate with peanut oil in an induction pot to decarbo my flower.
        The hot plate and special pot cost $80 on Amazon. I confirm the oil temp with a digital thermometer that cost about $10.
        I put the flower in metal herb storage containers and float them in the oil. I weight the bottom of the container so it floats top up. That keeps oil from leaking into your flower.
        110-120 C for two hours. Presto chango, the flower is edible.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I second that. So many things you can do once tou decarb the bud.

Madman960 - I've been vaping daily for several years now and find it to be the best way possible to enjoy my flowers. And vaping your cannabis allows you to stretch it farther and make it last much longer due to its efficiency.

If you're really interested in learning more about vaping and vaping products, I highly recommend you check out the Fuck Combustion forum. You'll find tons of information on desktop vaporizers, portable vaporizers, dabbing, and everything else having to do with giving up combustion.

Comment

• Madman960
          Madman960 commented
          Editing a comment
          I joined that forum the other day. But my searches are lacking. Probably wrong lingo. Looking for a cheap starting point in case I don't like it. It's easy to upgrade, not so easy to downgrade. I want something to vape flower and wax or oil. Also want to try edibles. I hear gummies are hit or miss with people.

VOLCANO the last vapeariser you will ever need!. I just used mine, and the view from Pluto is great!

Comment

Originally posted by dontknownuttin View Post
          VOLCANO the last vapeariser you will ever need!. I just used mine, and the view from Pluto is great!
          I have friends that own them that say the same thing.
          I just don't want a piece of table top furniture on the dining room table or an extension cord to the back yard fire bowl.
          Or when I hike, cycle or go fishing.

Comment

After a few weeks use, my Pax3 started showing different indicator lights on the phone app and on the device. They didn't match. Contacted the company, they emailed a shipping label and I returned it.
            Just got an email yesterday, they are returning a brand new unit, with full 10 year warranty.

Comment

Have you looked at yocan?
              "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
              5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
              600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
              Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
              400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
              ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
              13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

No. I was in a local store with all variety of vapes. I want no cords or table top. Mobile, stealthy and rechargeable. And of coarse, productive. The Pax3 is productive. It can choke if one is not careful. My friends laughed at the little thing 'till they tried it. After acting all macho, we all laughed when they got choked.

They gave me a good price on the display model as it was the last one in stock. Savings $100, with full warranty.
                The Pax2 is $150 with a two year warranty. The Pax3 lists for $250 with a 10 yr warranty.
                They seem to have passed their first Warranty Test.

I'm sure there are a lot of good vapes out there. Like any other appliance, it has to fit your budget, wants and needs. And hopefully have a good warranty.

Comment

Good luck with and enjoy that new vape. Vaping is so much more pleasant than hitting a harsh bong. With that ten year warranty your vape may outlast all of us (the way things are going)!

Comment

• Jason
                    Jason commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right. But then, I've grown some flowers that were as smooth as silk in the bong. Flush & Cure. But obviously a much heavier hit to the lungs due to combustion. I like vaping. Easier on the lungs, good medicinal qualities, measured doses and inventory last longer. The workflow of vaping with a little hand held mobile device is easy. Moves from house to porch to yard and back again. Oh, and then the bike trails.

• starramus
                    starramus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah I flush and cure, but no amount of that is going to remove the harshness of SMOKING. Even ice in the bong will not alleviate that. I will usually vape, but if I want to reach the higher highs I must of course resort to the bong. As they say no pain no higher plane.
                    Last edited by starramus; 01-20-2018, 02:27 PM.

Just got a Pax 3 which is brilliant. My first vape experience was interesting, I didn’t think anything was happening as there was no smoke, just a nice taste of weed and there was a delay in the onset of effects compared to smoking.10 mins later I was very much the worse for wear! Much better than smoking for me.

The Pax 2 is a bit cheaper and if you just want to vape flowers then it would be a good choice.

Comment

• Jason
                    Jason commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It took a little practice for me to get the "sipping" or cigar smoking analogy they use to tell how to use it. You're right, its not a kick in the head like a bong. A few sips, deep inhales, and in a few minutes I'm staring at my hand thinking "why am I holding this?". ie done. Wait a while, do a little more as desired. Conserves flower and easier on the lungs. I first thought the phone app was nerdy sales crap. Not. Easy to use and gives very precise control when desired. Or just set it and don't bother it.
                    And it saves your lungs for those times you DO want to use the bong.
                    Can't wait to hit the bike trails in the spring.

• Aloner
                    Aloner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I'm lazy... only used the app the first time. Still, very happy with my Pax 3!

• starramus
                    starramus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bike trails ehhh? I get way too spacey, and would be prone to a serious crash. Probably off the trail into the river. My son however the dare devil likes to bong before snow boarding, and even sky diving. Scary stuff!
                    Last edited by starramus; 01-23-2018, 09:38 AM. Reason: typo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X