Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jibblerjoe
    commented on 's reply
    With leds they do best at 78 or so for veg. Since leds make less heat to help with drying of root zone plants do better with a lil warmer temp.

• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    My only grow was outside so I'm not the one to ask but I think 18-24" is the range I see kicked around.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Tdh, you have a lot of basic questions, so this would be what you should read: http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

You gotta do some reading, and all the information is over there on GWE!!! Just look up temperature.

• Tdh101jr
    replied
    Ok so i got my ph kit, clone root gel, and led light in mail this week right in time for the veg stage next week! Here a few pictures please leave some feed back and let me know the best way to utilize this space and make it more sufficient. Ik i need an exaust fan to remove static heat from the lights instead of just circulating it in the room. What is to hot for these plants? I dont like going above 80 and perfer a steady 75 degrees i have my max and min temps in the range of 10 degrees i know stay withing 15 degrees for best but what are you alls thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Tdh101jr
    commented on 's reply
    Alright cool, well thanks for the info i remedied the issue with wraping them with electrical tape. No more roots showing and also got all my iteams in the mail cant wait to see results! How far do you suggest to keep leds from seedlings?

• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    I think it's a stress factor. In other words, it may not kill your plant but it can affect how well it grows and, ultimately, your yield.
    Last edited by Aloner; 01-12-2018, 05:16 PM. Reason: typo

• Tdh101jr
    commented on 's reply
    Whats going on loner? Thanks for that info i thought i heard it somewhere and i literally just noticed them yesterday when posted that i guess ill do red solo cups next time and be transplantting those to an opaque container asap! Might just spray paint them for now as a quick fix or wrap ducttape around it or something thanks again for the heads up. What kind of issues can occur from light exposure to roots?

• Aloner
    commented on 's reply
    Hey T, I didn't notice the clear cups before. My understanding is you want to avoid light on the roots, so while it's cool that you can see the root system in a clear cup, you want to keep those cups inside a dark colored (opaque) one when not specifically examining the roots.

• Tdh101jr
    replied
    Just checked my babies today and noticed some nice root systems! The seedlings that were put straight in clear cups to the original 2 that were transplanted to the cups. they seem to be loving the space and environment.
    Last edited by Tdh101jr; 01-12-2018, 04:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tdh101jr
    replied
    Found a way to get everything all nice and in uniform for best use of the light and will allow a hr sunlight from the window sill till veg. Once veg 18/6 light cycle and under 300w led and maybe 1 or 2 sunlight. But they seem fine amd its cruise for next week or 2 i believe.. Just water and checking ph
    Last edited by Tdh101jr; 01-08-2018, 02:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tdh101jr
    commented on 's reply
    Hmm didnt know all that. I mean i do give them about 30min to an hr a day of sunlight and just the t5 24/0 light schedule. I thought they were to close to the light like now i dont want them sesitive seedlings getting any light burn. I have about a week or so till the 300w led comes in the mail then that closet t5 will be replaced with it and use t5 strictly for clones and seedlings. I guess 1 more t5 wouldnt hurt its only 54w, I read seedlings only need 3-5w ea till they hit veg and ill eliminate all the stretching when i transplant them before flowering mode or in middle of veg idk. This is my 1st indoor grow, last grow the single plant was done strictly on sunlight and it was still stretchy a bit but ended up doing pretty good later on in veg. What are some suggestions to keep the streching down with out burning the taller seedlings and to be close enough to new seedlings?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I watched some of your youtube video: your seedlings are way stretched: give them some real light!!!!!!! You can't tell if a seedling is a male from that kind of stretching, which is caused by insufficient light.

You should read up if you want those plants to grow strong and healthy: http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

• Tdh101jr
    replied
    Grow journal vlog: weekly update, day 11 & 1
    Last edited by Tdh101jr; 01-07-2018, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tdh101jr
    replied
    Ok guys so have a few more pictures for you all. Uploading my weekly vlog as im posting this, as soon as its on youtube ill post the link. Then you can like, dislike, subscribe, and comment leaving feedback and or constructive criticism is always welcome or ways to improve my space for a more efficient grow. As always thanks for the feedback and support! Peace, love, and happy growing ladies and gents!

Leave a comment:

• Tdh101jr
    commented on 's reply
    Which would that be georgia, south Carolina, florida?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X