No announcement yet.

Getting ready to start 3rd grow, have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking about harvesting the Sweet Soma plant this weekend. I don't need to go all the way to the soil, I think there are a couple of stems that have flowers on them that can mature a bit more. Contractors are here, and yesterday and today the lights were off for 8 hours each day. They are used to 24/0. They don't look like they are insulted or anything. But I hate risking them not being happy. Tomorrow I am going to leave the lights on until someone says they have to go back there and then I'll hit the surge protector, cover the tent and spray peppermint. I don't think it'll happen, but there's always the chance.
    I have a few questions.
    1) I can't remember if I am supposed to flush the SS before harvesting--fiber pots, kind soil. I've been putting molasses in the water for 3 weeks now.
    2) Do I stop watering until I harvest? I watered two days ago so they are almost ready for another drink, but if I wait til Saturday I can just take the top and leave the rest to see what'll happen. And then water.
    3) Can I hang the buds on a clothes hanger and hang it behind the tent? It'll be coolish, as temps outside get higher the room gets warmer, but there's a ceiling fan and a small floor fan for circulation and there will be a dehumidifier in there permanently so I can adjust the humidity.
    I'll still be finishing off two plants in the tent, but was just wondering since we have a mold problem and that's the only place that's less apt to grow mold. I would be pissed if I got to this point and hanging them in the wrong place ruined them. If they are hanging on the outside of the tent they won't get the lights, or even really heat. I'm just still learning, and questioning myself.
    I sent Mr. Kind some pics of the Sweet Soma and told him I was told he'd send me some soil...still waiting to hear from that, so until then I am going to start germinating two more seeds. It's an eenie, meenie, miney, moe situation to see what I grow next. Whew! 3 down, infinity to go!
    Thanks all.
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    1- 60w cfl for germination
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
    Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
    Seeds:
    Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
    Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
    Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
    Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Paracelsus, I've been recycling since before it was cool. I can remember 40 years ago separating plastic, glass and paper to take to the recycle center. It drove my husband nuts, but I did it. Where we moved from we had free curbside recycling, it was so nice, just toss the recyclables into a 104 gal bin and roll it to the street once a month, they got pisssed when I asked for another bin since I filled two a month, and now our new little town has started a recycling endeavor. I used to save my brown bags from the grocery and ended up wallpapering my kitchen with them. It was cool, looked like leather and if it got stained all I had to do was wad up a piece of paper and stick it over the stain!
      I'm going to get dog food today so I will get me some bags. I really appreciate the suggestion, I was sure at a loss of what to do.

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      For 5 beautiful years I lived in the Adirondacks. It was a small town right in the middle of the high peaks region. All these beautiful mountains, every winding road led to another Vista. Yet still the most beautiful view was from the town dump. They had it hooked up.
      The way they got everybody to recycle was there was no charge to recycle all your garbage could be sorted right on site. But anything that wasn’t recyclable you had to pay by the pound. There was no curbside service everything went to the dump. A lot of people in the old days used to dump it out in the woods or burn everything including toxic plastics and terrible terrible things Rather than pay but it was the most efficient system I ever saw and by am by everybody fell into place and started to cooperate

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Our garbage is picked up on Mondays and on Tuesday someone will inevitably burn plastic! We have to get burn permits, and plastic is one of the banned burning materials, I do believe that we are the only people on the street who get a burn permit. They don't care, they burn it anyway. Some people you just can't change.
      I took the top cola off the Sweet Soma plant today. It was 19 inches long (most babies are 20 inches!) and weighed up wet at 3.91 oz. I got brown bags but wasn't happy with how they were situated in the bags, so I found a wire coat hanger, don't know where it came from since I switched to hard plastic years ago, and used yarn to tie the buds to the hanger. I then put rice in the bottom of one of the bags, put the hanger in the bag, stapled it shut good and hung it on the wall behind the grow tent! It can't be seen, or smelled, and in a mostly mold free environment. If I've screwed up please let me know. Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Sounds like you made it work before you, Let me know how it works out, that was creative using the hangers in the Staples
    My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
    The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Today I was checking out the girls and noticed that the other plant, the Diesel Kush that is 11 days behind the Sweet Soma I cut yesterday, was having leaves turn yellow toward the bottom. This hasn't happened the entire grow since I used Kind Soil. I looked like a plant at the end of its life cycle. I started pinching leaves and saw more and more amber. I pulled out my loupe and lo and behold, the top of it was ready to cut. A LOT of amber!! So I pulled her out of the tent and started cutting. I couldn't really measure length, because the main cola was warped because I had to tie her down a few weeks ago she was getting so tall. After weighing it up, wet, I had 4.8 ozs! Together with what I cut yesterday, that's almost 9 oz. And I still have the bottom half of the plants to let mature and harvest. I wanted 10 oz off this grow and am almost there, might just get 1 lb wet. That would be so nice. I did the same thing I did yesterday, tied the buds to the coat hanger, put it in the brown paper bag with rice in the bottom, stapled it shut good and hung it up. I never thought I'd see this day, it's been a dream forever, so I'm going to germinate some seeds and finish off the two plants and start anew all over again! Onward and Upward!
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        Excelsior!!

I took the buds that were drying off the stems today. Got shy of 3 oz. Nowhere near the almost 9 I had, but they were wet when I weighed them and there were some big old stems, #2 pencil size, that's what I'm telling myself since my husband wrote down the weights and I'm not so sure he was accurate so that's probably where most of my weight went. He doesn't hear me when I'm sitting next to him so why should he start now?That's okay though, I have to take some of the bottom flowers that have had a week to ripen off of one plant and still have a ton of buds that aren't ready on the other. Guess I'll do that tomorrow after the contractor leaves. After tomorrow they'll be outside the rest of the time, and when they are through the inspector will come in but by then, I should be all harvested and starting a new grow that won't be in the stinking stage!
      I like the Sweet Soma, it's not much of a pain reliever, or even a relaxing high, just there enough to let you know you don't need anything else for a while. And very smoooooth. No coughing using a pipe. I kind of think it's a truth serum, I unloaded on my husband tonight about when I was pregnant with our son...that was 38 years ago, but I had never said what I said to him tonight, just kept it in and it came out like a train out of a tunnel! Whoops! I spoke no untruths so there's that.
      I fast dried some of the Diesel Kush and think I burned the terpenes because I felt nothing, nada, zip. Hope it gets better when they cure out. If not oh well....

Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like your still feeling the effects. Just a new and different type of effect not only did you open up to your husband but insightful to your own feelings too.

This weekend is harvest weekend. I've given both plants more time than I was going to but I wanted them to be right.They're right now so they care coming down. I have two new seeds in water ready to germinate and plant once they get ready to put in the soil. I hope the one seed germinates...it was a freebie, Samurai something. And the other one is Bubbly auto/fem. Who knows what they'll do, but I'll know in a couple of months!
      It's always an adventure. I have beautiful flowers growing outside and will soon enough have flowers growing inside. It'll be a relief not to have to worry about the qweef sisters stinking up the place when the inspector comes to approve or deny the work that's been done, the repairs should be done this week! I couldn't wait for the work to start and now I can't wait for it to be finished. We've run into some snags with the contractor so I don't know how it's going to go. Wish me luck!
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank the merciful cannabis heavens that the work is coming to an end!!!

My new seeds are Shaolin master auto/fem and the other one is Bubbly chem auto/fem....I was all screwed up on the names. Still don't know what they'll do.
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X