Flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flushing

I know you need to flush in soil,I feel you do the same in Hydro but will ask anyway. Do you?

I am going to say no I have noticed no diffeence but I try and run low nutes around 40 percent of the recommended dose.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Yes sir. In hydro, however, you flush for about 3-4 days only.
      Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
      White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Hey Smoke, I grow in supersoil an don't flush, tastes great.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your comment tells me how long you been growing, no nutrients in supersoil.
          I guess you probably flush your plum trees, read up on supersoil, you might learn something, oh ,I forgot you know everything.
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 12-13-2017, 02:50 AM.

• LaughingBuddha
          LaughingBuddha commented
          Editing a comment
          Bat guano is shit. I'd flush that our personally. And compost is nasty. I would still at least flush until the runoff didn't smell bad.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          You might, no one else that I know, ever flushes, with super soil, and I promise we have all tried, not any difference .
          We all grow vegetable gardens an fruit trees to. Do you flush your vegetables out of your garden too, what about out of the grocery store, ? Or do you just like to post disgusting comments, never yet heard you say anything positive about any growers plants ,just negative comments, ever thought why nobody ever visits you little grow, you got growing ???

not meant to be a hijack on the thread but a basic question on the same subject, different scenerio....

what about flushing out nutes during regular growth, veg and flower? is it recommended to run clean water through every other or every third feed cycle to wash the nutes from the medium so they don't build up too stong or is the plant using it all?
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
        Automatic top feed into coco.
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually use nutes at every water. I only do low doses. My pot take 2 gallons to fully saturate. I water with 1 gallon of plain water at 6.2. Then I water with 1 gallon of nute mix. The first gallon flushes the older stuff down. Then the second sits on top of the first and seeps down feeding the plant. I have never had nute burn or lockout with this method on my plants yet. I feel the regularity in the feeding is better than ever slamming it with high doses.

This is just me though.

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm I may have to try it like that urbz, makes sense

Smoke-a-lot , I grow in soil. Ive used soil primarily as a medium to hold nutes I add to water and also as a stand alone super soil (no nutes). Super soil needs no flushing. Nutes release slowly and dont build to toxic levels. If you are adding nutes to your water, you might want to flush if you have been using them heavily- especially if you had any nutrient burn anytime during your grow. However, if you have been using them sparingly, flushing does little as you have no real problem to address with it in the first place.
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

The flush is for folks who use salt based nutrients.
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Howdy Smoke-a-lot, I grow in DWC and highly recommend flushing at the end of the grow. I do not flush during the grow because I completely change out the water every week. The flushing makes the smoke smoother and reduces the curing time (I think).
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hydro here and I flush before harvest. I use both balanced water and a flush solution for a couple of days. total about a week. Experience here says it makes for a smoother smoke after curing properly.
              I also flush with balanced water for a couple of hours with each nutrient change (every 5-6 days) starting in mid bloom. I've read this helps remove waste products from around the roots and cleans them up just a bit to help with absorption of the new nutrients. No real data to support this idea, but it feels good to do it. And the girls don't object.

Comment

Thanks for all the info.This is my 1st hydro and running around 40% of their measurements Just changing to flowering right now been in veg around 8 weeks.I used Fox Farm when I was using soil .The plants do grow faster in hydro.Thanks again.

Comment

• abadtrip
                  abadtrip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How meany plants and how big is your res

• Paracelsus
                  Paracelsus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Water is the elixir of life, Last up to 2 weeks before harvest flush away DWC and Coco from all the reading and videos I've watched. If you are using Supersoil without adding nutrients and supplements it isn't as critical but I would still be watching my run off for pps measurments and ph

I got a 10 gallon tub ,using 5 gallons and I change entire tank once a week.Check ph couple of times a day.Have 4 plants but I believe I will use 3 ,1 will be removed because it isn't doing as good as the other 3. It is the runt of the litter.Going to be moving to my grow tent when I switch to flowering.

Comment

• abadtrip
                  abadtrip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So the way I do things is and u might find this works for you. I give my plants fresh nutes every week do a full res change. I know u all ready do this.
                  But in flower they drink more than the res can hold so I am topping up at lets once a week right now twice. I do this with fresh ph ed water no nutes.
                  So I am kinda flushing every week. At the end of flower I have found no need to flush and I have done up to 10 days of flushing with no difference at all.

1 WW,1SD and 1 Blue Dream

Comment

• Smoke-a-lot
                  Smoke-a-lot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks abadtrip for the advice.

Just an article here about flushing that I found pretty interesting. I personally don't use Advanced Nutrients, but it was a good read nonetheless.
                Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
                White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Flawless Finish is what I use. It's gotten good reviews in a variety of articles. Seems to work well here. But then, I haven't tried anything else for comparison.
                  I don't care to take too many chances at that stage of the grow.

Comment

Thanks again everyone for the info,yall all are real helpful

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X