Over fed or under fed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over fed or under fed?

These are my Barneys farm LSD. I just got a small case of root rot under control. I think this is my 4th hydro grow. All the past grows I have ended up with a bit of nutrient burn but still had really nice harvest, this time I determined to go easier on the nuits...so far so good but I wonder, how do I know if they need more units? I don't want to under feed them.
    also if u notice the plant on the left is a bit darker...is that anything I should be concerned about? Does it mean that the lighter plant needs more food?

Normally yes the plant with more yellow lighter leafs is wanting more n and that is just how it is sometimes but I'm a grower that feeds very light nutes every 5 days and the only time I have prob is with ph and this last time for the first time in this year i had a prob cuz blackstrap molasses and not realizing it made my pH change

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      To add to this I feed all plants the same and nature doesn't always let all my plants agree with each other

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear St Buds cause I got the same issue. I also think when you have plants side by side it can be easy to spot slight differences. We like to stay on top of issues but I don't want to overreact either but I grow in soil.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah PuravidaC, you don't have much to worry about in decent soil, it's got so many ways to buffer straighten out your PH, but coco is much different.

Morning Joker, like St Buds says ,that's usually how you tell if they need more nutrients is by the yellowing, but they sure don't always grow the same ways.One way to tell to much is by tip burn, if you'll look at all them pretty bud pictures on those seed banks you will almost always see tip burn from trying to push them so hard, tip burn ain't gonna hurt nothin, and it's a great indicator of a little to much nutrients ,less nutrients is best, but I don't mind a little tip burn, you just need to make sure you flush them properly before harvesting. Good Luck with yours.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree D.A.A.S.69, well said.

• Joker
      Joker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Daas69 and everyone else...this forum is such a huge help, where else could you tap into so much knowledge about growing
      I just went from 1/2 strength to 3/4 so we will see what happens.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome Joker, they are gonna be fine, if no sign of tip burn usually in one day ,but sometimes 2 days, then you know you can increase your nutrients a little more next time.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X