What is this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this??

So I went in to check on my plant today and I noticed a couple of my older leaves are spotted they have brown spots.. I believe it’s a calcium deficiency? I use regular water from my kitchen sink faucet. It’s supposed to have calcium from what I read on GWE but I also just finish reading where it says that it is best obsorved in hydro at ph level of 6.2 I been keeping my ph at 5.5 to about 6.0 I believe according to my GH drops.(I don’t have a ph pen). Should I just add calcium or try to adjust the ph to higher than 6.0 first??

How do the roots look, is there any brown coloring in the roots?

Comment

Comment

You have root rot, I just delt with a case of that myself.
        that is likely the cause if the leaf issues.
        you need to change the water and add hydrogard. Check for any light leaks in you reservoir. I had two very small light leaks in mine but it was enough to get it started.
        go to the gwe main site and look up root rot.
        mine was not as far along as yours but I still bet they will be fine as long as you ad hydrogard and eliminate all light leaks.
        Cover your net cup tops also, those clay pellets don't keep the light out.

Comment

• Cali
          Cali commented
          Editing a comment
          I been using Hydroguard since the beginning. About the light leaks I may have thru the air pump hoses. Also I noticed thru the hydroton but they are very tiny will that doit??

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Good call, Joker.

I have used hydrogard since I started as well and I think that is what kept it from getting out of control, but since I actually got all the light leaks covered and changed my water the roots are beginning to separate and turning white again. I just had it a week ago and it's clearing up already.
        Even the smallest light leak can start the bad bacteria growing. Good luck

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I know that's right about the light leaks from personal experience!!!

I'm not a hydro person but I believe you need to remove the brown roots and flush and do as Joker said in regards to light leaks.

Comment

Cali All good advice above. Just wanted to add: I see all that healthy new root growth, and that is a good thing!!
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

NebulaHaze should I add cal/mag to my resevoir I already use Hydroguard by the way how much Hydroguard should I be using for my resevoir it takes 31/2 gallons. Also thanks a lot guys I will try to light proof as much as I can. I have clear hose going from my air pump I’m going to get black right now and I’m going to put reflective tape over the hydroton to completely cover that and that should be enough only place I see possible light leaks.

Comment

• Joker
              Joker commented
              Editing a comment
              The hydro should be a table spoon per gallon, check the label to be sure but that's how I use it.
              I also use calmag per the directions, it can only help. As much time an effort that u put into a grow it's worth a little extra $ to get the best possible harvest. Happy growing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X