Under the cabinet led lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the cabinet led lights

I have some plug-in Sharper Image under cabinet LED Stick lights. No UV rays, 120 V AC 60 Hz 79 mA Max, class 2 24VDC They are very bright.

That is all the information I have on them. They aren't made anymore and my contact at Sharper Image said they don't have any information on the spectrum or lumens.

I know I need to keep LEDs a specific distance from my plants.

Does anybody have any thoughts about using these to add light to my cabinet? I was thinking I could put them on the ceiling of my cabinet and keep them at least 20 inches from my plant...to be safe.

I use a Mars LED with lots of CFLs on the sides. The cabinet strip will be blocked by all of this, but I thought the extra light might bounce off my walls and give me a bit more light.

What do you think? Not worth the risk of using something with so little info?

Thanks!

Sounds like you have access to real grow lights (leds and cfls). I wouldnt bother with the extra trouble for a questionable light.
    ​​
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X