Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nebula's Manifold technic. 8 or 12 colas......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebula's Manifold technic. 8 or 12 colas......

has anyone tried leaving all 12 main colas instead of taking the 2nd nodes on the main branches? I realize leaving 8 makes for more breathing room, might let light penetrate to beef out the 8 that are there and keep the chance of mold or bud rot down but I really can't help but wonder what will happen if I leave all 12.

I have 4 plants going in a 39" sq tent x 6.5 ft. tall and I could try it with one of them. just wondering what else I'm missing as a benefit for leaving 8 or 12. 12 means more. we like more
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Depends if you're going to leave the side branches as well. I'm not a heavy user so getting huge yields isn't too important. I'd rather get 8 full colas with no larfy buds than the 60 with just good tops. A lot easier to trim 8 full colas too. I use a ring to space out my colas in my manifold so it would depend how wide you're going to space them out as well.

Comment

I've found in my experience once things get crowded yield goes down. I think if your light penetration is good and you've got space you should totally try 12 colas and report back

Comment

I’ve done mine to 8 colas and the plant is really bushy as it is. You will also have the problem of the colas at the second node growing out of symmetry from the first and third node. I would use nugbuckets original technique and make 16 colas if you want more, I don’t think you’ll get a higher yield though.

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
          GreenDragonRon commented
          Editing a comment
          When I used to keep the both mains at the second node, I would just twist it so they would be horizontal.

I forgot to mention I kept 10 mains on 4 of the 5 girls in veg. I kept the top main on the second node. I am planning to spread the mains quite a ways so I left the 2 extra to fill in the middle.

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I understand what you're saying. You leave the 2nd node on main stem below the first top cut and train the two colas to grow up the middle.

• GreenDragonRon
          GreenDragonRon commented
          Editing a comment
          So I follow Nebula's Manifold build and cut the trunk and start my manifold at the 3rd node. After then I top again at the third node of the 2 main trunks I created from the first topping. Nebula keeps the growth tips from the first and third nodes and the reasoning is they grow in the same pattern, parallel to the surface She cuts the second node growth tips that are perpendicular to the surface, I keep the growth tip that is growing on top and cut the one that is growing down. I then bend that growth tip to match the height of the other growth tips which are now my mains. I would take a pic but you wouldn't see much as they are fully grown in and my girls are just bushes now. I might give it a shot later but I have to run now.

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks, makes good sense. I'm going to do a couple this way

Good Question I just left the question with Nebula after reading the tutorials , I manifolded some of my plants with 4 mains and 6 mains all are doing well but the one thing I didn't do was retop them after the first time and I believe that was detrimental ,I was wondering why the side branches were not like a main cola and I think that was it .They all have good bud on them but side branches are not as big as mains
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I've done this. I harvested less weed from the 12 than the 8.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks LaughingB next manifold is 8 kolas ,I did clip the bottom 2 branches off one of my sour Hound to see if it would pick up speed

The additional 4 colas were well and not very well l lit.

Comment

also, my 3rd nodes are not as healthy as 4th nodes due to overwatering up until that point. is there any bad to starting at the 4th?
            complete beginner
            39" x 39" x 78" tent
            315 Watt CMH
            Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Its easy, just go look at Green75 grows and do what he does. Seriously, the guy has already reinvented the wheel for all of us.

Comment

• Cronk
                Cronk commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm trying to understand what he;s doing. is there a thread that explains things, bits seem to be spread out all over his posts as he does his grows. a grow journal perhaps.

amazing results

• LaughingBuddha
                LaughingBuddha commented
                Editing a comment
                Not really a concise post, that's not Green75's style. He hates order and thrives on chaos. His grows are always different. He does many controversial things. I've tried some, swear by a few and always have fun watching the show.

• Cronk
                Cronk commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks, interesting posts. He starts manifolding right away, and with autos, too. imma manifold my autos next grow

after reading a bunch of stuff over there and looking at my plants I decided on manifolding at the 2nd node. I realize this is not recommended but I had much stronger growth there on each of my plants than the 3rd and had lost a bunch of time during my over-watering phase. I wanted to take advantage of the longer growth tip action, some of the 3rd node growth was more damaged for some reason and there was too much stretch between 3rd and 4th nodes, making the eventual height a possible problem.

After cleaning everything I hope I haven't made a mistake. I probably have, seems like this first grow is all about mistakes for me.

I'll let them recover today and possibly feed tomorrow. I'll also be using the axiom
              complete beginner
              39" x 39" x 78" tent
              315 Watt CMH
              Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• LaughingBuddha
                LaughingBuddha commented
                Editing a comment
                My strongest plant was cut at the second node, you'd never guess.

• Cronk
                Cronk commented
                Editing a comment
                they seem to be doing very well, although I'm impatient as hell. want the buds.

Iv left on the top 2 colas of the 2nd node for my blue wizard had 10 colas that grew strong healthy and potent buds i took the bottom ones off as i figgured they would have grow stright up under the colas opposite to them so i clips them so the plant could divert most of that energy to the top colas and it work got about a half ounce more on the 2 extra colas i left on as they were the tallest and closest to the light so i lst them and mad the even with the plant which made a nice table for thick potent buds to grow on
              DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
              250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
              current grow: feminized blue wizard
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

• Cronk
                Cronk commented
                Editing a comment
                awesome, thanks. this is my plan, too.

• Graff420
                Graff420 commented
                Editing a comment
                No problem big dog always glad to help when i can

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X