Aurora Indica by Nirvana, 100% organic grow with BioBizz nutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody!

How are you feeling after a "hectic" Christmas holiday with WAY to much food, candy, alcohol, and WAY top little exercise (at least on my part)?
    Have you managed to carry yourself back to human like state again, or are you struggling (like I've been the last week)? Today was the first day I felt normal, after all that fatty food and alcohol.
    Every Christmas is the same, but I never learn. Hehe!

Anyways.. I've got a little update for you guys!

Today was watering day. And as many of you know, I was planning on switching her over to 12/12 this watering day.
    And with the development the last week, I decided to do just that. I started of with some light defoliation. Just to remove some of the big fan leaves, so that the smaller growth gets a little more light during the day. Because even tho I removed all the leaves last time, this little lady really likes to put on weight again, FAST! She fills out the space like nothing I've ever seen. Bushy little plant this one.
    So after I removed some of the leaves, I gave her 3 liters (12 cups) of water, mixed with 1ml BioGrow, 1ml BioBloom and 1ml TopMax. The reason why I gave her such a small dosage is because I've been noticing some yellowing tips here and there, plus one burnt tip on one of the older fan leaves. So this time I decided to give her almost pure water, to flush out some of the build up. And at the same time give me the opportunity to see where I'm at. Learn a little more about how she reacts, since I still have time to do that. In a few weeks it will all be up to her, and I'll just have to roll with it.

She is a "tiny" one. Only 26cm (10 inches) tall, and if Nirvana has it right, and my predictions are as well, I'll be looking at a 100% stretch the next few weeks. Which will result in a little under 1 meter (39 inches) tall matured plant. Which fits well into my tent and all. So this far it's all looking pretty good.

There's nothing much to say about here. The last 2 weeks have been just her growing and me cutting of leaves. Not much change when it comes to how she looks etc. The only thing different is that you now really can tell the sex of the plant. And she has developed a distinct smell. Something of a mix between newly cut grass (lawnmower) and sweet Vinegar. This is a Northern Light hybrid, so my guess is that she won't be a "skuny" one. But there's some Afghan in the mix, so who really knows. Time will show I guess. Another small change I've noticed is that she has developed some purple here and there. You can see it in the pictures. And I hope she keeps on turning purple. Since the purple AI phenos looks great! And I've always wanted a purple plant.

Just imagine smoking some purple bud, while listening to Jimmy Hendrix "Purple Haze". That would be awesome!

Here's a few pictures of her. Just to show you how she looks. They were taken 2 hours after I gave her water today.

And here you can see the tiny hairs growing on her branches.

I guess that was it from me today. But then again, I'm pretty sure I'll be back more frequently the next couple of weeks, since she'll be entering her flowering stretch soon.

Keep giving me feedback, I really like it when you guys respond here.

Have a nice weekend! See you soon!

Peace!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, Cocho, she looks great. I'm glad to hear that you survived the holidays!! ;-}

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to watching your update. I have to aurora indicas going that popped up I think the 29th. Put in the rooter on Christmas night. Hoping you have the purple pheno I’d love to see some not Breeder pics of it.

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all! She is still more or less the same as yesterday. But I can clearly see more hairs popping up all over. So the first few days over the weekend will be something to look forward to. And yes, I really hope she'll turn out to be a purple pheno. Because I've also only seen them in pictures, and they're always trademarked and stuff, so I've actually called bull s*** on the purple. But when I now can see some "signs" of it on my own plant, my optimism is rising! Have a nice weekend you all!

Out of curiousity on 12-4 you said she was 12 days old. Was that from when you started germinating the seed or when she started poking out of the soil?
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey! Good question. I'm counting the days from the day I saw the tap root and placed the seed in soil. From seed to harvest and all that.

Cocho she's looking like one Foxy Lady https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PVjcIO4MT4

Here's hopin you end up smokin purple!

Comment

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      That is some good vibes brother! Can't wait for summer to arrive. Tired of this cold winter weather.
      It's not that cold here these days, but the wind from the North Sea makes it hard to enjoy outside. Right now we're having 30F and strong wind.
      Needless to say; I've barricaded the doors and windows. But thanks for the good vibes! Jimmy Hendrix is a legend <3

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      The North Sea that is a shock. I was curious about your locale so googled your moniker discovering it is a colloquial expression used in southern Mexico like maybe Chiapas. Not much of a North Sea wind in that area. Damn was my assumption way off track. Latest pics of your AI looking GOOD!

Hi Cocho, that's a great looking plant. I just read your thread and dig what you're doing. Thanks for sharing great progress pics.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It's so great to hear that my somewhat sporadic attempt on growing actually finds it way to others, who like what they're seeing.
      I really appreciate that! One love!

Watering day folks!

Gave her 3 liters (12 cups) of water, mixed with 1ml/L BioBloom and TopMax.
    I've also cut away some larger fan leaves that were "shadowing" over the smaller tops, hopefully making it easier for them to shoot up into the air, and give me some nice bud in the future.
    But the real reason for it was to get back to that flat and even canopy I want. I'm optimistic, and I believe everything will even out and catch up until she starts fattening up. Time will show.

There's not much to say about her really. She has stretched a few centimeters since last time, but that's about it.

I took some pictures to show you guys.
    This watering will be the last "weak" one. I've been holding back on the nutrients for the last two feedings, since I wanted to flush out the remaining salts and stored nutrients from the BioGrow.
    I don't want to much Nitrogen in my soil now when I've started the flowering stage. So next watering will be with 100% concentration of BioBloom (2-3ml/L).

Anyways.. here's the little lady. 48 days old (day 5 into flower).

And here's a picture to show you the color. She is starting to go a little lighter green now. And I take that as a sign that the soil is "clean" from old nutrients.
    I've also read that some people like to keep on giving their plants 1ml/L of BioGrow throughout the flowering stage too. But I'm not sure if I believe that to be a good idea. Do any of you have any experience with that? Please share your expertise with me.

And here's a picture showing you the space underneath. I believe she has enough room for air, so that the flowers/buds can grow healthy and without the risk of mold etc.

What do you guys think? Keep the feedback coming. It makes it easier for me to keep on track, and it's really fun to read your opinions on my little project!

Much love!

Peace.

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      That is truly AWESOME, nature will provide!

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully it will!

Beautiful work. Do you plan on tucking under that screen? Like keeping all growth pretty much to that level? I really want to try the screen but have a hard time imagining not being able to move them around. Lol I just love to take them out into natural light and get a 360° view of the girls
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah! That's exactly what I'm planning to do. And yes, by using this method you'll no longer be able to take the ladies out to look at them. They'll pretty much be stuck when they get "tangled" up in the net. But then again.. this method should provide you with a larger yield. That's at least what the guide promises. I've never used it before, so time will show I guess.

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I’ll be here till the end of it, watching and trying to help. Good luck

Did you change your bulb when you switched to flower? Really curious on the amount of stretch you get out lf her.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      My AI’s are going to be flowered in a 5’3” tent. Nirvana says they are a short plant, im just curious to see how tall yours gets with you gave about a month of vege?

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked at the light Coho, it seems to have served you well during Veg. Have you used it before for flower?
      I like it's price point, a good way to get going without spending a lot of cash. There is so much to buy in the beginning.

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      I gave her about 40 days in veg. Mostly because I wanted her to catch up after some semi heavy defoliation. I expect her to grow to about 1 meter (3 ft) (from the surface of the soil, to the tip of the colas), that means she'll be about 120cm (3 ft 11") from the floor up (have to consider the pot as well). And yes, this light have served me well during the vegetative state. The strain has some of the credit, but she has been bushing up really good, and I kind of think the light has something to do with that. I have used CFL bulbs before, but never a Dual Spectrum. Hopefully it will do well in flower too.

Time for an update!

Things are happening in the tent. The little lady has started to stretch, and I'm thinking about giving her water more often. Because I guess she'll be drinking it faster now, making her need more.
    But I'm not sure how much, and how often yet.

It's starting to get harder to tuck the branches underneath the net. They go from soft and bendy to hard and "tree-like" in just about a day. Which is kind of annoying, but what can I do?
    Then again; I'm running out of lamp and space, so maybe I'll take what I can get from this ScrOG and just leave it as it is from now?

She is 55 days old now, and 12 days in to flower. She is starting to smell a little. But nothing serious, just the smell of newly cut grass and sweetness.
    It has been 3 days since I last watered her. The soil is kind of dry, so I might give her more today.

As you can see, she is filling out the screen faster than expected. And I'm slowly running out of room. And I don't necessarily want her to grow all the way out to the walls, since I do want some good air flow around the flowers.

Here's a picture from underneath the branches. I've been removing unwanted growth all the way. Leaves, smaller growth lower on the plant. But she keeps on bushing up and getting fat again (takes her about 40 hours to grow everything back).

I'm still juggling the water and nutrients ratio when I give her water. I want her to stay dark, but not so much that she gets a nutrient burn. The BioGrow was easy to determine, the BioBloom not so much.
    So I might increase the concentration of nutrients in the next feeding/watering.

Other than that there's not really much to say. She keeps on growing, but there's no pre-flowers or anything like that yet.

Time will show I guess. But she do look healthy to me. What do you guys think? Anything you would like to add?

Peace!

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nebula has some strain info posted on growing the AI if I remember right it says they had to go easy on nutes for the plant

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys! I think she looks good too. I'm feeding her with Biobizz nutes. And organic nutes tend to go easier on the plant. Do you think that plays a role here as well?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They look fabulous.

A quick update!

I gave her some water today, 3 liters (12 cups) of it mixed with 3ml/L BioBloom, 1ml/L BioGrow and 1ml/L TopMax. I measured the runoff and it came out at pH 6. So I'm thinking that it might be wise to give her, at the next feeding, 1-2 liters (4-8 cups) of pure water first, just to clean the soil. And follow that up with the feeding water. Does that sound like a plan? She does look good. So I'm cool as a Cucumber for now.

Just wanted to give you guys an update, everything looks nice. I'll be back with more in a couple of days.

Peace!

Comment

i believe i would keep hitting her with the nutrients at feeding time. pure water in between feedings. Where are you located in Europe? Curious because of your comment about North Sea winds.

Comment

• Cocho
        Cocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. Another fellow grower also told me yesterday to split the watering into two segments. First; give her pure water, until almost runoff. That way the higher EC in the bottom of the pot will get "watered out" a little. Then follow that up with some nutrients and water until runoff. But it does look like she likes it a little lower on the pH-scale. She's been thriving around pH 6 all this time. So I'm not sure what's the best solution her. I'm located in a country called Norway. We got the North Sea in the south, the Norwegian sea to the west and the Barents sea (and Russia) to the north. So pretty much any way the wind blows, it'll get really cold during the winter. Only thing that can counter that would be some good hot streams from the Gulf of Mexico.

Fantastico! Gorgeous, can't wait for pistils to appear.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Cocho
        Cocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man! It looks like she might be about ready for some pre-flowers. So we'll see what she's packing during the next week.

The smell of this lady changes from day to day. For the last week or so, she's been smelling like newly cut grass and vinegar. But today when I checked in on her the smell of unpeeled oranges came to mind.
      You know when you have a fresh and ripe Orange in your hand, and you just smell the outside of it. It has a sweet and mellow smell of citrus. That's how the tent smelled today. Reminds me of the Tangerine Dream from Barneys Farm. I've never grown it myself, but I've smoked it in Amsterdam a few times. I really hope this note of citrus hangs on and affects the flavor too! Because Tangerine Dream might be the best strain I've ever smoked. Not the most potent, but best flavor and feeling wise.

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds delicious!

I've smoked some good weed but never any of the boutique weed growing now. Just the street weed that I can find. I hope I have as much success as you my friend. I am still getting my ducks in a row for my first indoor grow. I grew outdoors as far back as 1970 but never in optimum conditions with regular care. When I lived in Utrecht Holland weed was hard to get, Lots and Lots of great hashish though. The Dutchman would look at me like I was crazy when I smoked it in a pipe without tobacco and say you take it pure. Haha I fell down to my knees a few times smoking in a chillum full of Hash and Drum Swartze Tobacco
      Last edited by Paracelsus; 01-18-2018, 05:55 PM.
      My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
      The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• Cocho
        Cocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha! The 70s must have been a great time living or growing up in. I often find myself thinking about how easy the world appeared back then.
        The stories I've been told, and all the stuff I've learned from the music. Now there's way too much anger and fear in the world. All you hear about on the news is terror and genocide. There have been wars before, but the world just still appears more peaceful back then. Simpler problems or something like that.

And yes! There's still a lot of strong hash floating around on the streets, and in the shops around Europe. Here where I live there's a lot of hash from Denmark, as well as the Middle East, Morocco, Nepal and some other Eastern/Asian countries. And some of it is way too strong for normal consumption. I remember an old traveling buddy of mine. He wanted to try and smoke some hash in Amsterdam, so he bought 1g of some really "sticky", black Tar like bubble hash. And he put the whole thing in a Chillum and smoked it (pure). Needless to say that he had a very bad time! The European way is to mix it with tobacco and smoke it in 0,2 - 0,5 grams at a time. I guess that's the biggest difference in smoking culture when comparing NA to EU.

I'm actually planning on making some hash from this grow. I found a Outlet in the US (on ebay) that sold different types of equipment (unused) from stores that went out of business or something. So I got a 8-piece BubbleBag kit for $9. So when this grow is done and chopped. I'll use the trimming with the bags in a bucket of ice-water. Maybe some of the smaller buds, if there's a lot of them.

I'm really looking forward to this, since I've never done it before. But I've always wanted to, but never gotten myself to do it. Hopefully it comes out great, and with good smoke.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        "but the world just still appears more peaceful back then."
        I don't know about that. You might ask 3 million dead Vietnamese.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	165499

Utrecht where I lived right on the canal in Holland
      My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
      The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• Cocho
        Cocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! This right here! Just sitting along the canals with a crisp beer. Just taking in the scenery. Holland has the most friendly people I've ever had the chance to meet.
        I remember getting on board the tram in Amsterdam. We had just been at the Heineken brewery for a tour, and we were above tipsy (in the middle of the day). So we were laughing and having a good time. And as we sat there (on the tram) a old man. Really old man! 70-80 something years old. And he walked over and sat down next to us. He then asked where we were from (he had overheard us talking when we came on the tram), and we told him Norway. And he talked about the War and stuff like that, but before he stood up and got of the tram. He laughed and said; "Be careful with the Cannabis here in Holland. It's really strong, and I don't want the Police to write your moms, telling them that you jumped from a window, believing you could fly". Then he laughed, smiled and left. And he spoke really good English. Compared to most of the other countries close to Holland, Germany, where they don't really speak English at all. So I would recommend Holland to anyone who likes art, music, food, beer, weed and nice people.

Norway has its attributes too....free light shows. https://vimeo.com/21419634 Of course if you are experiencing North Sea winds you must be in southern Norway. The video was imaged in Tromso extreme northern Norway. One of the most beautiful I have seen. Ole did a fantastic job.
      Last edited by starramus; 01-19-2018, 06:58 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• Cocho
        Cocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah! I live in the southern part of Norway, but I'm originally from the northern part. Born and raised actually If you've never seen the Aurora Borealis, then I suggest you take a trip and experience it close up on a mountain top in northern Norway.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X