No announcement yet.

Aurora Indica by Nirvana, 100% organic grow with BioBizz nutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genetic error. Nature is not perfect in its replication. Subsequent leaves will most likely be perfect.

I had my test subject (my wife) sample the dissimilar Aurora Indica this last evening. She reported that it is full blown sativa dominant. She could not get to sleep which is not her normal reaction to AI. So if your little tyke turns out with light green foliage it is sure to be the sativa dominant phenotype. The odds are not in favor of that though. Out of 15 plants this is the first to surface. The seed came out of a Nirvana five seed package. Good luck with that little girl.

It is hard to believe that this sativa dominant plant popped out of a 90% indica strain. I suppose it is possibly a packaging error on Nirvana's part. I dunno. Your guess is as good as mine. You could almost say it is a new strain Aurora Sativa.

http://www.growmedical420.com/strain...aurora-indica/

http://www.rollitup.org/t/quick-ques...st-did.506191/

Last edited by starramus; 12-08-2017, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I guess. The one I've got had some purple color when it was on its second pair of leaves. So maybe this one changes color after a while?
      I'll be sure to keep this thread updated, so you'll be able to see for yourselves. I sure hope this one gets some purple in it. Would be awesome!

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to the updates. Hoping to see some color as well.

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      Send in the clones

I ended up watering her today. When I checked in on her earlier today, I found it to be a good idea to inspect the soil. And I found that it was dry till over a knuckle deep. So I mixed up 1 liter of water with 0,6 ml of BioGrow. I want to see if she'll turn darker green on such a small dosage. She does look healthy, and I'll post a picture later.

Now it's Christmas shopping with my girlfriend

Peace!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Quick update for you today.

When I woke up this morning, I topped her. Clipped of the tiny top, and hopefully she will not get too stressed out because of this.
      The plan is to grow more "canopies", before I do some light LST before I install the ScroG net into the tent.

This is my first ever attempt on topping. I've never done this before, only LST.
      So I hope I did it right. And FYI I did use the LBH's Famous ScrOG Tutorial, so I guess I'll be alright (thoughts?).

She's looking healthy and strong. And I think the small amount of nutrients I added last watering, only did her good. So I'll be adding nutrients to the next watering too.

The conditions inside the tent as of right now are; 26C/79F and 43% RH.

Anything to add?

Peace!
      Attached Files

Comment

Alright! Here's a quick new update.

Late last night I decided to do some light LST, so that the little girl could use the first hours of the day with light to stretch.
        And I think it worked as planned, because she looked a lot different this morning than she did last night.

As you can see, the two, now top canopies, have started reaching for the light.

And since I've left her without water for a few days I watered her today, with a solution of 1,6ml BioGrow added to 1,5 liters of water.
        This was still not enough to get any drainage through the bottom of the pot. So the soil hold on to the water pretty well.

Here's another picture, a little closer to the "action", and you can clearly see some new growth sprouting out in between the branches, and I'm not sure how to address that, since this little thing is getting kind of bushy already.

My solution this far has been bending the branches away from the new growth, trying to give way for the light. Hopefully this will be enough, and I don't have to cut off of her this early in the cycle.
        But time will show, and I appreciate all the help I can get.

Here's the last picture. This one shows you how she's been reacting to the topping, compared to the picture from yesterday.

Been a few years since I last did some LST, so I can really tell that I'm rusty. You all know the feeling you have when you're new, and you believe that the tiniest pressure on any of the branches will break the plant in seconds. I know this is not the case, but still.. I can feel the "fear" in my fingers as I bend her around. Hehe! But this will come back to me, eventually... so, what do you think? Any input?

The conditions inside the tent as of right now, are; 27C/81F and 48% RH.

I'm thinking about adding nutrients for "real" from now on. And I don't think that would be a problem, since she looks fresh and light green now, even after a good dosage of BioGrow.
        What do you think about that? I've got BioGrow, BioBloom and Top Max.

And that's all for today, I think..

Peace!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          She looks good to me, being new I know the feeling on the fear when messing with the girls. Now matter how much I hear how resilient they are I try to handle them like they are fine china.

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah! I know that they can handle it, but my mind tells me to stop. Guess I will "shake" that off during the next few days. It has just been too long since I last did this.

Agree with DAAS69, nothing to worry about. Also agree regarding soil, although I would add that it needs to be a quality mix that contains enough nutrients to last, or you will need to use nutrients.
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          This soil mix does contain some nutrients, but only enough to sustain the plant for a week or two. So I've started to add nutrients to the water before every watering.
          And from the next time I water her, I will be adding more nutrients, since the feeding schedule tells me to add both BioGorow and BioBloom from an early stage, and after 1-2 weeks I'll start adding TopMax into the mix as well.

I'm using Biobizz, so it's kind of hard to burn the plant. Still.. I'm taking every precaution I can think of. I want this plant to grow fat and sticky. So I will keep the conditions inside the tent at its best as often as I can, during this grow. Been a few years since last time, but it's all starting to come back to me.

• Canyon Grower
          Canyon Grower commented
          Editing a comment
          Cocho, you are giving her the right kind of attention. Good job. Watch those nutes though. Its not very hard to give too much. I know, I've just about killed plants before. Its easy to think that if a little is good then a lot could be even better. So go easy ! BTW she is lookin good.

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I've been holding back on the nutes this far. Been giving her half of the recommended ratio. So time will show as she progresses throughout the veg cycle. Keep checking in here. Always nice with some constructive feedback. Cheers!

Quick update!

Things are happening really fast, so today I had to tie her down in a different way.
        I'm kind of "struggling" to decide which branch to tie down because she's getting so bushy that it's really hard to tell which one would be the best.
        And since she's so small, I don't really have a lot of options when it comes to placing the wires.

Here she is, looking good so far

What do you think?
        Attached Files

Comment

Well it depends on what you're trying to do.

Are you trying to follow Nebula's Manifold? If so, I'd get rid of the growth tips and fan leaves below the top node.

She looks like she's hungry, have you started nutes?

Comment

• Cocho
            Cocho commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello, and thanks for the feed back!

Lets see...

I started giving her nutrients the 8th of December, and so far I've given her nutrients 2 times since then.
            I started of with 1/2 the dosage with the first try (0,6ml BioGrow in 1liter of tap water).
            The second time, was yesterday, and that time I added 1,6ml to 1,5 liters of tap water.
            The plan is to start giving her 100% of the amount "recommended" by Biobizz, and also start giving her BioBloom and TopMax, since I'm almost at week 2 in the schedule.

I wanted to start slow, since I'm using a new soil mix, and I don't really know much about it, and wanted to see how the plant reacted to the soil before I started heavy on the nutrients.

Plus I've yet to figure out how much is too much water and so on, since this is a new soil mix I've never used before.
            The pot I'm using holds around 15 liters (4 gallons) of soil, mixed with Perlite and Vermiculite.

In what way does she look hungry? I can't really tell what you're referring too.

And no.. I'm not following Nebula's Manifold guide. I'm following LBH's Famous ScrOG Tutorial; http://www.growweedeasy.com/scrog-tutorial
            Last edited by Cocho; 12-12-2017, 01:48 PM. Reason: added more info

I've been keeping an eye on this girl for a few days now, because of some "claw" like leaves starting to form.
          And I wanted to accurately be able to predict what was causing it, and my bet fell on light underwatering. Because it could not be Nitrogen toxicity, nor too much water.
          So I did a judgement call, and decided to water her again today (with pure water), even tho she is not due for another day or two.
          This time I figured I would water her enough for some run off, because I wanted to measure the pH.

And that is when I found out about something horrible. The run off came out at an crazy 4-5 pH, and the soil is 6-6,5 and my tap water is close to 8.
          So with nutrients mixed in to the water, it comes out about 7. So this makes no sense at all! Why would the run off be as low as 4-5, when everything else is higher?

So what I did was preforming a flush. And I'm still working on it, because a 15 liter pot need a lot of water to get a proper flush.
          The run off is closing in on 5 something pH. I will run a few more cans of water through the mix, and call it a day.
          Because I guess continuing watering her with water around 7 pH, will eventually correct the wrong in the long run, right?
          Because nothing I've added to the mix should make it go so low as 4-5 pH. So I blame myself for not watering her more, making sure to get some run off every time.
          Guess it's salt and crap, that has been building up in the bottom of the pot. Even tho I've only watered her 2 times.

What do you think?

Comment

The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was to check in on the little girl.

After the flush last night I placed the pot on top of 3 smaller pots and aimed the circulation fan right on the side of the pot, making a light breeze underneath, so the roots got some extra air.
            And when I peaked me head in today there was a small puddle in the tray underneath the pot, and before I threw it out I measured the pH in the run off. And it came out at 6-6,2 pH, which is good.
            So hopefully my little "situation" from yesterday might be fixed. Time will show.

She does look better than I expected. And I can't really tell that she just went through a flush.
            I did however damage 2 of the lower leaves, and I was wondering if I should cut them off? They don't get any light, and they will turn yellow and fall off eventually, since they're so low on the plant.
            But I don't want to stress her too much, so I might just leave them be for a few more days?

What do you guys think?

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Again I’m not real experienced but... the first one I over watered had nothing to do with amount of water given. I only watered once, the problem was lack of oxygen to the roots I think. I too had it in a larger then needed pot, my drainage and air circulation at the time was not enough to be drying the medium out in time because the plant was drinking so little at this stage. Since then I only give a very small amount of water NEVER to runoff. I seem to depend on the environment to evaporate the medium dry because these small plants use almost nothing at this point. Not sure salt buildup could be a problem for you this early but that’s just my opinion. Also I’m in soilless so my problems could be totally different then yours
              Last edited by BlueBudz; 12-13-2017, 01:04 PM.

• Cocho
              Cocho commented
              Editing a comment
              It might be the big pot, yes.
              But I'm hoping that with proper run-off, I'll be able to get rid of the "old" water, and replace it with new fresh water.
              Fresh water must be better than old water, even tho the roots don't reach that far down?

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Well hope it was the PH and everything gets back on track. Keep us posted

Took these pictures just a few minutes ago, and I think she is looking better already.

She is holding her leaves higher, not "drooping" as much.

I think the color looks okay too. What do you think?

And here you can see the leaves I might want to cut off. They don't have a purpose, and I bet they will turn yellow and fall off eventually as the plant grows anyway.
            But I don't want to stress her either.

The two set of leaves all the way down to the soil, the ones that got kind of dirty because of the water yesterday.
            You can see them underneath the rest of the plant.

So..

Looking better then yesterday or not?
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking better Cocho, glad to hear you have your ph under control it will jump up and down quickly if your not paying attention.
              I would like to suggest removing Leafs that you lay on/in your soil it's a precursor to rot and or bugs, also how much and how often are you watering? One extar day to dry out is OK but watering a day early will create a lot of headaches.
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Cocho
                Cocho commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, those are the leaves I'm talking about. Should I just remove them right away, or should I give the plant one more day to get better after the flush?
                When it comes to watering, I would normally water her every 3 days, or when the soil is dry 2 inches deep (about 3 days after last time).
                And so far I've only watered 2 times, once with 4 cups of water, the second time with 8 cups of water.
                I'm kind of glad I did decide to water one day early, because that was how I found out about the super low pH.
                The run-off was measured to 4 pH. And earlier today when I woke up, the last bit of run-off gathered in the tray, read 6-6,2 pH.
                And that's way better than yesterday. Hopefully it's changing to the better from now on.

Cocho, so basically if you have foliage that is touching the soil bacteria can transfor to your plant and it's a buffet highway for bugs, more so in a outdoor setting but can happen indoors with bugs, this is a old tomato plant trick. I'm a cannabis cannibal so I don't hesitate to cut leafs, most leaf that has a problem starting to show Will not recover so with and that in mind if it was my plant, I'd remove those couple bottom leafs.your plant will out grow the leafs set so no need to go to crazy with the pruning, just something to ponder.
              with your water nature is a amazing beasts plants, trees root zone, especially in younger plants only reach the circumference of the outside of the leaves, this is Nature's Way of collecting Rainwater and depositing it around the root Zone so when you think of that any extra water in you pot will not be absorbed by your plant at such a young age so the only way to dry out is through temperature and evaporation. This is a reason that at this age a plant can get overwatered, I know you just had a Ph problem but I'm think the droop is from a little overwatering. If you leafs is drooping and after you water the leaf "stands" up level, it was under watering or time. If the leaf is droopy and remain droopy after watering, it over watering. Keep up the good work andI hope this helps
              Mr.f

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Cocho
                Cocho commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!
                I did remove the leaves right away, and made sure she got a nice flow of air underneath the lover branches.
                And I think she has been good. The only thing I'm kind of having a hard time managing is the temperature here.
                It's freezing cold outside, so the small office, where I keep the tent, tends to get a little cold during the night.
                Today when I woke up the thermostat inside the tent showed 16C/60F, and that is a little to low.
                So I might close the office door, not all the way, but 90% closed. Just so that the there is a tiny air flow, but at the same time, keeping most of the heat inside the office.
                I have a small air vent on the other side of the room. I might just keep that open, so that the room gets some fresh air.
                I'm not sure.. I would crank up the heater if I could, but then the electrical bill would murder my wallet next month.
                Guess I'll just have to get creative.

Hello everyone!

Today seems like a good day to post another update.

As many of you know I did go through a flush a few days back. And since then I've just let the girl do her thing, while I wait for her to dry up.
              She is looking better, but she has not dried up yet. So there will be another few days before I can water her again.
              I think the "problem" is that it is really cold outside these days, and that affects the inside conditions too. Just this morning when I looked in to the tent, the thermostat read 16C/60F.
              That is really low, so the project the following days will be to find a way to keep the temperature around 27C/80F.
              No harm done.. I just don't want her growth to slow down, or the medium to take too long to dry up.
              Any of you living really far north and have to keep the heating on just so that you can grow inside without the plants freezing to death?
              And how do you cope with it? I don't have a furnace/oven, so I can't fire up wood. The only thing I have here is electrical heating, and I can't turn that too high, since the electrical bill tends to get way to big if I do so. So any tips and tricks are appreciated.

Anyways.. here she is.

I noticed a few tiny burnt tips last night. Nothing more today But I know for sure that the next watering will be with pure water, and no nutrients. She is kind of on the darker side of green, even tho you can't really tell by the pictures.

But as you can see, the flush did the trick. She's not 100%, but that will change as I "clean" out the soil with pure water as she grows taller.

So what do you think? Do you think she will make it?

Peace!

Attached Files

Comment

• Cocho
                Cocho commented
                Editing a comment
                I did some changes with the heating in the hallway and the home office. I've been using a oil filled radiant heater since day one. But I live in a country where Polar bears is a thing. So it can easily get to -30°C/-22°F at any given time. But with the changes I managed to keep the temperature inside the tent around 27°C/80°F and 55% RH. So I think I'm good so far.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello Cocho, your plant is looking lots better, good job with the flush.
                Polar Bears, no sh-t, I would love to see one,from a distance, your just gonna have to do the best you can supplying heat, or space out your grows, with the seasonal weather changes, like grow when it's warm, or try autoflowers when you want a quick harvest before the weather gets cold. Nice plant, an
                good luck with your heat.
                I've got kinfolks that live in Soldotna, Ak, and they tell me they see big bears up there.

• Cocho
                Cocho commented
                Editing a comment
                I've managed to keep the temperature stable for the past day or two. Woke up this morning and the thermostat showed 20°C/68°F when the light turned on. And that's perfectly fine by me. Never been to Alaska. Looks nice tho. Seen pictures of it and I've also seen some of the TV-shows from there. But it's way way too far away. Guess it would be something like a 15 hour flight to get there. And yes, I bet they got some big bears over there. Alaska is the last bastion, the last frontier of wilderness in the US. That's at least what I've been told.

Morning Cocho, if you can keep the temperature like that 68degrees or warmer you should be fine,
              Sorry ,I thought maybe you lived in Alaska, from your mention of bears.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• Cocho
                Cocho commented
                Editing a comment
                Hehe! Its all good bud!
                You're not to far fetched thinking of Alaska. Kind of the same latitude.
                I bet you've heard of 71°N (71 degrees North). So I can see the "confusion" there.
                The world is a big place.

Time for a little update!

I watered her today. And it is 6 days since the flush.
              So the top layer of the soil were starting to dry up real good.

I was thinking, during last week, that I might just water her with pure water this time, because I was afraid of nutrient burns, but I ended up giving her 2 liters (8,5 cups) of water mixed with 2ml of BioGrow.
              Then I finished of with 0,5 liter (2 cups) of pure water. Hopefully she will love it, and there will be no nutrient burns.
              She does look healthy, so my guess is that she will be fine.

I've also cut away a few of the larger fan leaves. I'm thinking about leaving her like she is for now, since I do want some fan leaves to catch the light. Plus, two of them are attached to what will become the main "colas", so I don't really have the guts to cut them off.

Anyways.. the airflow underneath her leaves should be much better now than before.
              I've also placed my ScrOG screen in the tent, and the plan is to use that from now on, so no more topping or LST.
              There's 10-15 tops on her now, and I think that will be enough. So I'll just focus on getting them even before she develops pre-flowers, which will be in a week or two.
              The ScrOG screen had kind of large "squares", and I could not imaging this small plant growing through there efficiently. So what I did was to tie some cotton string all over and in between the net, making more uneven and smaller "squares". Hopefully they will suffice in the long run.

Here you can see how I've tried to "open up" the space underneath her, to prevent mold and shit.

And here she is again, a little closer, just so that you can see the color (sort of).

And here she is again, showing the current setup, with the ScrOG screen and all.

What do you guys think? Anything you'll want to add?

Peace!

Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X