[JOURNAL] My first grow: 24"x24"x64" tent + 250W HPS + 3 Autos in 3gal pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks D.A.A.S.69,

I just contacted the store that sold me the soil bag and they told me the soil is Sunshine Professional Growing Mix. Do you have any info on this one?

EDIT: Actually it Contains: Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Dolomitic Limestone, Long-Lasting Wetting Agent, RESiLIENCE

so, 50% the above mix and 50% perlite
    Last edited by theblues88; 12-07-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Also, I bought the Biobizz try pack: Bio Grow, Bio Bloom and Alg a mic

Comment

• theblues88
        theblues88 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah man, unfortunately I discovered this website after purchasing my supplies Turns out it's the sunshine mix 6 + 50% perlite and it contains: Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Dolomitic Limestone, Long-Lasting Wetting Agent, RESiLIENCE

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you 88, get this, I didn't even know about the internet, except the last 2 years, kinda ruff when you don't keep up with the times, like Dylan said ,these times they are a changin.
        You will be able to tell when she needs nutrients, if you keep a close eye on her, or either just start with real small doses, if it's too much you'll see tip burn.Good luck 88.

• theblues88
        theblues88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man! I really appreciate your help and encouragement

Quick update on their progress in pictures. One of them is a bit 'special' lol

Comment

• Cocho
        Cocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, look at that! :P

The first one looks like it has had some kind of mutation. If you look at my grow, you'll see that the first pairs of leaves have kind of a similar look to them.
        I believe it's just some kind "flaw" when they're developing their first leaves. But that will get fixed on its own eventually

How are they looking? I think only one is growing okay, the others two are too slow??

What do you think?

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        They all look great! I love the three leafed one!!

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning 88, I would think it's because they are getting their roots established growing down, in a day or two they are gonna surprise you just how fast autos can grow, sometimes if the conditions are right, they can grow 2-3 inches a day easily. Good Luck with yours 88.

The top layer of the soil was kinda of dry and the pot's weights felt lighter, so I decided to water them for the first time.

I'm not sure where I read about this strategy but decided to use 1L of water for each pot instead of waiting for the runoff at the bottom. The reason is that, since this is a big container (3 gal) for such small plants, the deeper layers were probably not dry.

Added BioGrow at 1/4 strength then adjusted the ph to 6.5

Let's see how they go. I'll add photos as soon as I can.

Edit: Read about sharing 1 gal of water between 4 plants (so roughly 1L per plant) here: http://www.growweedeasy.com/250w-hps-beginner-tutorial
      Last edited by theblues88; 12-14-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Here are the pictures

Comment

Quick update on how they are looking after 19 days from seed.

Bottom left: 70% Sativa
          Bottom right: 80% indica
          Top: 60% Indica

Comment

Help! Two plants are growing very thin/skinny new leaves. Is this some kind of deficiency??

Comment

I don't think that's a diffeicincy. Those are sad leaves, too much water maybe? I'm in coco though.

Comment

• theblues88
                theblues88 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I'm not sure about overwatering... The pot is already starting to feel light... I noticed they look kinda droopy depending on the time of the day. These pictures were taken an hour before lights off period. Is that makes any sense...

• Jibblerjoe
                Jibblerjoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Before lights out, and as the light comes on, some of mine got droopy leaves.

• Jibblerjoe
                Jibblerjoe commented
                Editing a comment
                In fact that maybe a sign they need a drink

So, since temperature has been a bit high (summer here) I decided to give them algamic (seaweed extract) as foliar supplement. (1ml/L).

Let's see how it goes.

Comment

New pictures a couple of hours after lights were turned on.

Comment

Quick question: Are they ready for some LST?

Comment

• BlueBudz
                    BlueBudz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    All the more reason to hone your skills!

• Cocho
                    Cocho commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would suggest topping them. The reason why you would do that is so that your canopy gets a more even and flat surface.
                    In a tent like yours, with a light source right above the plants, a even canopy will make a difference in yield. The reason for that is the fact that you will not have one main cola that absorbs most of the light and energy, but multiple colas on an even "canvas", getting equal amounts of light and energy. Resulting in more bud that will "ripen" at the same time. That way you won't have to harvest multiple rounds. And with some more training you can make sure your plants don't spend a lot of energy growing popcorn buds at the bottom (small buds growing lower on the plant, with little to no light due to the shadow of the bigger branches). Which also will result in bigger yields.

May I suggest that you take a look at these guides? They have really helped me stepping up my game after years away form this hobby.

Low Stress Training (LST) Tutorial - http://www.growweedeasy.com/low-stress-training-lst
                    Topping vs FIMing Cannabis Tutorial - http://www.growweedeasy.com/topping-fiming#topping
                    Nebula's Flowering Stage Defoliation Tutorial - http://www.growweedeasy.com/nebula-f...ation-tutorial

It's quite an easy read, and everything is explained really good, so that you can do it even tho it's your first time.

I had never done anything else than LST before this grow, and I believe it has been a success this far.

Good luck!

• theblues88
                    theblues88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cocho, thanks for the links, will definitely LST them. Just ordered some non-auto seeds (attitude bank) fo my 2nd grow. I feel that I'll prefer regular (fem) seeds over autos... Then I'll top them for sure.

Week 3 is finally here! Watered them today using 0.5ml/L of Biogrow and 0.5ml/L of Algamic.

I change their position in the tent every time, so don't try to compare with previous pics lol. I'm going to work on a better way to id them in the shots.

Comment

• theblues88
                    theblues88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jibblerjoe, that sounds like a great idea! Thanks for the tip!
                    BlueBudz, yeah... That also sounds good, thanks for the tip. Will give Jibberjoe's ideas a try first since it's virtually free though =D.

• Jibblerjoe
                    Jibblerjoe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love cheap and easy, diy, and free. Besides I'm an hour from town, and I refuse to pay for speedy shipping.

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Morning 88, yeah ,its good to move them a little bit.
                    I don't like going to the city either.

Help guys!!! They are looking very droopy today I'm very worried!

Today's weather is rainy and the humidity inside tent is 86%!!!

Is this related? Heeeelp

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey 88, if you haven't just watered them, then yes its just the weather, no problems.

• theblues88
                    theblues88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks for always being so helpful, D.A.A.S.69! Happy new year

Hi! I have a question for everyone following my journal:
                  They seem to be growing too slow, don't they?

What do you think?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's hard to tell not being there, but I know mine are growing slow as hell, because of our low humidity an them being so young.

• BlueBudz
                    BlueBudz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine seem very slow as well. I have autos about a week behind you and are a lot smaller than yours so it looks like your doing better then me

• theblues88
                    theblues88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey D.A.A.S.69 and BlueBudz, thanks! I feel a bit more relieved, although I don't think I'll be growing autos in the future. Want to have full control on when flowering starts. Just uploaded a new pic of how they are looking today btw.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X