Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blanching technic?

Hi all,

looking to to find out if anyone has ever tried blanching their weed for edibles and if so how did it work out?

Are you just trying to get rid of chlorophyll?
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• TheGreenGiggler
      TheGreenGiggler commented
      Editing a comment
      That and other pungent flavours before making honey. My tea tastes a bit strong from it, and I had heard blanching reduces the taste in butter....

Alltatup did a little leafy greens thing, I think this is what your looking for
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Ultraviolet light degrades chlorophyll quickly. You can set your extraction in the sun for 15 -30 minutes and the chlorophyll will disappear quickly. Do this before you reduce it into honey. Once its thick, its hard to clear or filter. Dontv set it out there for long though. Sunlight also degrades THC but at a much slower rate.
      Organic only soil grower
      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• TheGreenGiggler
        Editing a comment
        Would this get rid of all the plant taste? My hope is to not affect the taste of the honey at all..... hence looking for alternative methods.

Not really. Making extracts that smell or taste like flower is one of the "holy grails" of cannabis craft. Commercial producers use expensive laboratory equipment and still dont get it perfect. Each step in the purification process removes some of the aromatic terpenes. Winterizing" and cold filtration help, but its hard to achieve a perfect balance. Experiment and have fun. Good luck.
      Organic only soil grower

Comment

• TheGreenGiggler
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, and I will give it a go when I have some surplus stuff....just need a decent amount so that if it turns out poorly I am not with out resources because of it. . I’ll share how it goes when I try it....

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X