Don't give up on your girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't give up on your girls

I've noticed a few posts lately with people asking whether to scrap their current grow and start over or keep going.
    Here's my story. I'll just talk about one plant - BlackJack auto.
    I topped her when she had 5 nodes, down to the third node and the first and second were cleared out as well. So she stood there with her little fan leaves and growth and endured an attempt to tie her down and start her growing flatter. I felt so bad doing it.
    So for two weeks or so she kept trying to grow 'up' - I kept trying to hold her down.

Then I gave in and released her of her bondage. I felt bad. Other three plants were growing okay, so I left her in the corner of the tent.
    She kinda hummed and hawed for weeks, not really getting bigger, but getting some thick foliage in the middle. So I kept the middle cleared up of excess fan leaves, even cut off a few branches. And she seemed interested in growing, finally.
    Then one day during my walk after my morning smoke, I said to myself "Dumbass, why don't you help her by pulling a few branches away from the middle and see what happens." Duh, eh?

I tried LST at the start - why not try some now. So I done did that. How's that for English prose?

At this stage, she is alone in the tent. Lots of room to grow. And grow she did. All she has done in the last three weeks is grow a ton of three-five finger fan leaves which are plumping up the buds very nicely. I'll post pics next comment.

She is 16 inches tall, and because she is the only one in the tent, I turned off the G8 light. Just the Viparspectra and red bloom light.
    Trichomes have been bountiful, terpenes are working well also.

So for all us newbie growers - don't give up on your girl so fast - let her grow and give her a chance.

After all, these are amazing plants we grow. They are so resilient and forgiving.
    ​​​​
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Here's a few pics. I think she'll be good for sixty grams or more. I never like to set my bar too high, cuz I hate disappointing myself.
    Sorry I didn't take many pics when she was in her stunted growth period. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171201_074541.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	150317Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171201_074518.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	150318
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I will have this in my mind

The story about the plant was amazing man!
      Mammoth 240L grow tent
      2x 600W hps/mh
      1x 400W hps/mh
      1x 250W LE for seeds

currently growing 10x Pineapple express auto "fast buds" in soil

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man. Or woman, hehehe.

• Blackmidget
        Blackmidget commented
        Editing a comment
        Man

This story that you wrote was that sort of information that i need, because i have a girl that dont follow the same "grown pattern" than all the others

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        She turned out nice 147, ive seen several times before that the runts ,ended up nice an larger the the best growing ones. MJ amazes me how awesome, an resilient they are .

That's great Blackmidget , I was hoping to get just one person's attention to that very fact. They don't all grow the same. I've had same strains that came out of the same seed packet grow totally different from each other. But if you persevere, you'll eventually get some buds.
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Awesome story I have two growing and I can't wait to see them get to that stage I'm a new growler soil started from seed and 3x3 grow tent

Comment

• Canyon Grower
          Canyon Grower commented
          Editing a comment
          Wolf66, Always nice to have another soil grower (nothing against our DWC bros and sisters). Be sure to let us all know how you are doing!

Canuck147 WOW ! She is a beauty man. Patience does pay off sometimes. Nice work.
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Thanks canyon grower

Comment

I was gonna say the same thing -thanks guys for all your comments. They are all duly noted.
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X